PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Kraft pay Bill a lot of money to play nice?

Oh I very much believe that Kraft is very appreciative of what Bill did for him. He would have to be psychotic not to be.

My point is Bill had the leverage to make this look as good as possible for Kraft's PR. Why should Bill play nice for free?

The amount of times Schefter said Kraft took the high road in not looking for a trade I am sure is part of the price of him getting the scoop. Also shows how desperate Kraft is to control the narrative.

If you are Bill, would you not get pissed for getting fired after 6 SBs. How many people do you know who get fired from a company after 20+ years of loyalty and then play nice with said employer?

I am not trying to stir any ****; just an interesting thought.
well this is a little different, it's like doing great stuff at the company for 20 years, and been sucking the last 4 years....yeah I'd be understanding as well as annoyed at that, but def partly understanding

Unless they ripped up his contract, by mutual agreement.
I am pretty sure it was reported that this was a mutual termination agreement - as in the contract’s final year no longer exists. No money to be paid.

I am pretty sure it was reported that this was a mutual termination agreement - as in the contract’s final year no longer exists. No money to be paid.
If that's true then it would mean that Bill gave Bob a break. That might help explain Bob's giddiness at the announcement.

Kraft paid Bill blood money to assuage his guilt over giving Mayo the knife he used to stab Bill in the back, in the contract clause naming Jerod head coach in waiting.

Whatever the new team pays him this year is subtracted from what Kraft owes him
Maybe Krafty is hiring Mayo because he's probably going to get a lower-cost contract than Vrable or Harbaugh. You know him. As a business man, he may be looking to save a buck or two. We'll see when the numbers get out.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back