PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft 2013 - 2022: 1st and 2nd Round

Boomer B

In the Starting Line-Up
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Main reason we are where we are? None other than our top picks the last decade. Not including 2023 as it’s not fair to grade yet, although Gonzalez looks like he’ll be good.

Grading: Bust, JAG, Good Starter, All Pro

Rd 1 - no pick
Rd 2 - J. Collins: Good starter - kinda in between JAG and good starter as he was only good for a few years
Rd 2 - A. Dobson: BUST

Rd 1 - D. Easley: BUST
Rd 2 - Jimmy G: JAG - close to good starter but not quite

Rd 1 - M. Brown: BUST
Rd 2 - J. Richards: BUST

Rd 1 - No pick
Rd 2 - C. Jones: BUST

No Rd 1 or 2 picks

Rd 1 - I. Wynn: JAG
Rd 1 - S. Michael: JAG
Rd 2 - D. Dawson: BUST

Rd 1 - N. Harry: BUST
Rd 2 - J. Williams: BUST

Rd 1 - No pick
Rd 2 - K.Dugger: Good player
Rd 2 - J. Uche: JAG

Rd 1 - M.Jones: JAG
Rd 2 - C. Barmore: Good player

Rd 1 - C.Strange: JAG
Rd 2 - T. Thornton: BUST

So for a decade at the top of the draft we have no All Pros, a few good players, and a bunch of JAGS and BUSTS. Bill’s drafting is the main reason we suck.

This sums up why the dynasty ended prematurely and the position they are in now.

Lots of terrible draft and personnel decisions.

Correction though on Jamie Collins. He was an All Pro in 2015. He was really good that year. What a wasted season that was.

Last edited:
Ah yes the arbitrary cutoff to exclude the epic 2012 1st round. Also Collins had an All Pro year in 2015.

Main reason we are where we are? None other than our top picks the last decade. Not including 2023 as it’s not fair to grade yet, although Gonzalez looks like he’ll be good.

Grading: Bust, JAG, Good Starter, All Pro

Rd 1 - no pick
Rd 2 - J. Collins: Good starter - kinda in between JAG and good starter as he was only good for a few years
Rd 2 - A. Dobson: BUST

Rd 1 - D. Easley: BUST
Rd 2 - Jimmy G: JAG - close to good starter but not quite

Rd 1 - M. Brown: BUST
Rd 2 - J. Richards: BUST

Rd 1 - No pick
Rd 2 - C. Jones: BUST

No Rd 1 or 2 picks

Rd 1 - I. Wynn: JAG
Rd 1 - S. Michael: JAG
Rd 2 - D. Dawson: BUST

Rd 1 - N. Harry: BUST
Rd 2 - J. Williams: BUST

Rd 1 - No pick
Rd 2 - K.Dugger: Good player
Rd 2 - J. Uche: JAG

Rd 1 - M.Jones: JAG
Rd 2 - C. Barmore: Good player

Rd 1 - C.Strange: JAG
Rd 2 - T. Thornton: BUST

So for a decade at the top of the draft we have no All Pros, a few good players, and a bunch of JAGS and BUSTS. Bill’s drafting is the main reason we suck.
Thank you Tom Brady even at the end Brady got sick of it.

I posted eons ago that having Brady allowed BBs horrendous drafting to go unnoticed because the wins kept coming.
Preach brother preach. Homers no pun intended are going to vanish now.
hide GIF

Last edited:
This sums up why the dynasty ended prematurely and the position they are in now.

Correction though on Jamie Collins. He was an All Pro in 2015. He was really good that year. What a wasted season that was.
Not to mention the horrible Reaches.

When you see it like that damn that's ugly. 2012 was last time I was happy with our draft.

My wife would tell me to shut up every year after the draft as I would complain non stop and she would say clearly it's fine since all they do is win. Life was much more fun.

Jamie Collins was a wrecking machine in the beginning.

I would call my cousin after the games and there was always something positive to say about Collins.

Thank you Tom Brady even at the end Brady got sick of it.
He was frustrated with taking less money for the team and BB filling the WR rolls with clearance rack misfits like Dorsett, Josh Gordon, AB.

Tony Romo more or less shared that in his personal conversations with Brady.

I would list Strange as a bust also because we could’ve drafted him in the late third or fourth rounds.

Lets not forget the drafting of Dalton Keene and Devin Asiasi in 2020 - a total of 7 receptions between them. This **** up forced the signing of Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith. Henry has been a good player, but Smith turned out to be a giant waste of resources.

Lets not forget the drafting of Dalton Keene and Devin Asiasi in 2020 - a total of 7 receptions between them. This **** up forced the signing of Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith. Henry has been a good player, but Smith turned out to be a giant waste of resources.
Henry is still a joke for that price. Jonnu was a historically dumb signing. There was nothing at all to indicate he was worth $12.5M per year. Not even half that.

Just for funsies, I went down the Kansas City and Arizona draft boards for the same time frame.

This is just the first two rounds:
From 2013-2022, we drafted 2x Pro Bowlers (Jamie Collins and Mac Jones...I know, I know)
From 2013-2022, the Chefs drafted 3x First Team All-Pros and 3x Pro Bowlers
From 2013-2022, the Arizona Cardinals drafted 4x Pro Bowlers

So, we're much worse than the Chefs and marginally worse than the Cardinals between 2013-2022

We are markedly better at signing UFDAs than most teams, but that's the draft comparison.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back