PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Early look ahead: Bucs at Patriots, week 3

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Their D has the makings to be something special..i just don't know if they can be that. Josh Freeman is a below average QB that the pats D should be able to force to make some poor decisions. Keep Martin in check and the pats should win.

Now do we need Gronk to win? Don't think so but if he is ready they have to play him of course.

TB was better on the road last year then at home. But still 4-4

There's a lot of turmoil in Tampa right now, at least on the sports pages and on sports talk radio. Josh Freeman is in his contract year and there have been rumors that he spends too much time clubbing and not enough commitment and dedication to improving his game.

Defensively they added CB Darrelle Revis and S Dashon Goldson to their secondary but are still needing better play from Mark Barron at the other safety position, and need help at the other corner.

Up front Adrian Clayborn is very good but overall their pass rush could still use improvement.

On offense their wide receivers, Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams are capable of having huge days against the Pats. Their offensive line is very good as is RB Doug Martin, but they have nothing at TE or anyone behind Martin at RB.

Tampa Bay plays New Orleans in a late game Sunday. It should be of high interest to Pats fans since the Patriots play the Bucs in a week, and then play the Saints in week six.

Tampa Bay plays New Orleans in a late game Sunday. It should be of high interest to Pats fans since the Patriots play the Bucs in a week, and then play the Saints in week six.

Do we get to watch that game live? Or is NYG-Denver our only late game that day. Do we even know yet?

Jackson and Williams will be a good test for the pairing of Talib and Dennard.

Tampa looked like a team that truly does "hate their coach" in week 1. Given the collection of players on that Tampa D and the Patriots struggles on offense in week 2, I'm expecting a game closer than it should be.

A few things/players I know the Bucs have going for them:

- We're probably going to get smoked by Vincent Jackson as usual. Lets see if Talib can change that.
- The Bucs run D is going to be a pain in the ass.
- Lavonte David has the look of an extremely special LB.
- Mason Foster does what a good MLB should do.
- Gerald McCoy is secretly one of the best DL in the league.
- They have a few underachievers at DE
- Their secondary is young (sans Revis) and needs some time to gel
- I'm glad we're playing them in Week 3 and not Week 17.
- If we drafted Mark Barron and he was playing the way he is right now, people would be calling for BB's head

What I think I know about us:
- Our DL can beat their OL, especially since their OL isn't all healthy and some are coming back from major injuries.
- Our OL can hold up in pass protection against their DL.
- Working the middle of the field is going to be key against their D
- We can take shots outside given the right matchups, Leonard Johnson and Jonathan Banks are susceptible

We win the game by not letting Doug Martin run all over us and keeping Josh Freeman in the pocket.

Sound familiar?

Bucs are loaded with talent. We thought they would be better than Failclowns for years, but their coaching has been incredibly bad. At every phase.
Now they have internal fighting, and a QB that we are not sure if Freeman even cares anymore.
I think us last season, and the Bucs are a lesson in how important coaching is, especially in close games.
Id watch the Saints vs Bucs at 4pm Est to see just how good they can be, because they always fight us tooth and nail. We do not own them nearly as much as the Falcons. Thier kind of a team of great indivial talent that has no focus. But we are their superbowl, so enters the focus.

Even though the Bucs lost to the Yets, they are a dangerous team.

They have skill players at running back, wide receiver, in the defensive secondary and at linebacker.

If Josh Freeman could get his act together, the Bucs could be real good.

With that said, they could use improvement at offensive tackle, tight end and at defensive end.

If Josh Freeman could get his act together, the Bucs could be real good.

Freeman isn't the only issue on that team. Their coaching staff has to get their act together for them to become real good. I am excited to see how they can blow their game vs the saints this week. But i think it will be a comfortable win for the saints.. at least i hope it is. I have the saint in 3 different bets/parlays

I see the ATL game as our first loss as i don't think our O will have it figured out by then and they are a very good team in their building. So beating the Bucs is pretty important if that is the case

Do we get to watch that game live? Or is NYG-Denver our only late game that day. Do we even know yet?

CBS has the doubleheader this week, only one game on FOX.

The New England area gets Washington at Green Bay for their game on FOX.

Saints at Bucs will be available in Philly, Baltimore, most of Ohio, Indy, Houston, San Diego, and standard areas that show the Saints (Louisiana, Mississippi) or Bucs (Florida with the exception of Jacksonville).

On CBS the New England area gets the Dolphins at Colts early, and Broncos at Giants late.

I want to see the bucs and saitz and get some info on the bucs. Oh well

I'm not getting the Bucs and I have Direct TV. They are showing a duplicate of the Arizona game. One time this happened when I tried to watch the Patriots and it was not showing.

Re: Re: Early look ahead: The Bucs

I'm not getting the Bucs and I have Direct TV. They are showing a duplicate of the Arizona game. One time this happened when I tried to watch the Patriots and it was not showing.

The game is delayed by lightning.

I want to see the bucs and saitz and get some info on the bucs. Oh well

Hope this helps someone.

[Mod edit] :nono:

use add blocker , click a link, and wait till the counter counts down to 0
Then click the X or Close, to close blocking Add and watch.

IF you cant see the X, elect the whole Vid area and you will see it. They hide it sometimes, But from europe so 15 seconds ahead of US TV.

They had to Delay the game because our jerseys were getting muddy from the rain. You know Dome teams. Saints will wash them, again, and be back later. Hope we brought enouph coins.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, after having seen 2 weeks of games, I have to say this; I am legitimately concerned more than I have been in over 10 years about the PATS chances for not just the SB, but for the playoffs overall.

I know Brady isn't handling the young receivers as well as he should, but that's actually part of the problem. The other part of the problem is that the PATS' offensive scheme is so complicated, young players can't keep up. It was fine when we had veteran WRs and TEs in the mix who understood the Patriots' scheme, but now they have to tone it back a bit on offense; which is a huge problem because now other defenses can keep up with the offense. Another problem is just discipline. Dropped balls all 2 weeks by the young receivers. A huge drop on a TD pass from Brady deep. That was an easy TD, too.

Fortunately, the Bucs aren't all that great. Lost to the Jets by a point. But after that, the PATS will hopefully have things in gear because its off to Atlanta and Cincinnati, then they play the Saints. I know they're not the 3 toughest teams on this year's schedule, but the way they're playing now they'll be at .500 at week 7.

^^^^GTFO

Why would you have that GIF? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Because the PATS are beating themselves these days.

Bucs have 92 yards at the half and are more focused on head hunting than playing football.

Bucs have 92 yards at the half and are more focused on head hunting than playing football.

They are playing the Saints tough. A TD by the Bucs was just called back that would have put them up by one. Holding the Saints to 13 points half way through the 3rd.

Fortunately, the Bucs aren't all that great. Lost to the Jets by a point. But after that, the PATS will hopefully have things in gear because its off to Atlanta and Cincinnati, then they play the Saints. I know they're not the 3 toughest teams on this year's schedule, but the way they're playing now they'll be at .500 at week 7.
Then again, I'm hoping the extra 1/2 a week they had to work with was enough to get stuff in gear. The Bucs D look pretty good against the Saints' offense, and that's where the PATS are suffering most right now.

Well, hopefully the PATS defense can score or get the offense set up to score some points via turnovers. They aren't any slouches this year. They picked up right where they left off, and keep getting better. Its been a while since it was this way, the defense stepping in to win games for the PATS.

They are playing the Saints tough. A TD by the Bucs was just called back that would have put them up by one. Holding the Saints to 13 points half way through the 3rd.

Ingram is killing this team, 2 wasted plays on ingram for minus yards.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back