PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EDIT: McDaniels to Colts is now NOT going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
McDaniels has ridden the coattails of Brady and was beyond fortunate to be the play caller for him - Andrew Luck is not,nor will ever be Tom Brady and we all saw McDaniels fail in Denver as a HC without a HOF QB on the field

And he will fail again on Irsay's team - always said he was just in the right place at the right time and was lucky Tom made plays out of some of the dumb calls he had over the years

Good Riddance

would you guys agree that him staying would be a bad sign? maybe you guys already covered this, but does that mean bill could be going?

would you guys agree that him staying would be a bad sign? maybe you guys already covered this, but does that mean bill could be going?
Agree if Josh stays Bills on borrowed time.

It would maybe be good for the Patriots and funny to laugh at the Colts but terrible for McDaniels who will never get another head coaching job outside of NE if he pulls this stunt after promising people jobs, who would sign up to work with this guy on his staff after the Denver mess then after he went back to his word to so many people who are waiting on him for their Indy coaching positions.

He doesn't have anything outside coaching Brady on his resume to make it worth all the hassle.

I’d be sad to see bill retire after a game like that. He will coach next year. Brady and gronk will be back and Lewis and Danny will be back

I hope Josh stays just for Brady's sake. They are super close, and too much turnover is never good.

After last night's game, I would love to see McDaniels take over as HC, bring in a good DC and keep the good times rolling. Obviously, the D is broken, so it is hard to feel like we'd skip a beat if we part ways with BB now. I'm not bashing BB, but he is getting up there and this may be the catalyst to move on and still keep things humming as long as Brady is able to sling 500+ in SB's.

Really?
Bye felicia.
However Til he signs plans can change

After last night's game, I would love to see McDaniels take over as HC, bring in a good DC and keep the good times rolling. Obviously, the D is broken, so it is hard to feel like we'd skip a beat if we part ways with BB now. I'm not bashing BB, but he is getting up there and this may be the catalyst to move on and still keep things humming as long as Brady is able to sling 500+ in SB's.

Quoted for stupidity.

Doesn't matter. Being a good OC with a HOF QB does not equal good HC. He'll be back in 2-3 years - BOOK IT.

A twitter thread to monitor in case Lombardi actually lets it slip..

he was about as effective in his first stint at head coach as BB was with the Browns......just sayin'
Actually, BB was effective with the Browns. He got them to the second round of the playoffs in his third season. In his fourth and final season everything imploded once Modell announced the move to Baltimore mid-season.

I’d be sad to see bill retire after a game like that. He will coach next year. Brady and gronk will be back and Lewis and Danny will be back

Unlikely, but, if McDaniels become the next Patriots HC, then I would believe that BillB will move UP the Patriots food-chain as a GM.

I hope Josh stays just for Brady's sake. They are super close, and too much turnover is never good.

Hasn’t that been an issue, though? Why do we have such slow starts in these super bowls? Mcdaniels has always been overrated and will likely fail miserably in indy.

When you have brady and weapons deluxe and act confused for entire halves, that is a problem.

Yes. But officially as a GM.

But, he is. I don’t know what to tell you. Just because bb doesn’t have “general manager” on his door, does not mean he is not the gm nor hold the title. Highly doubtful he wants to do most of what caserio does anyway, which is mostly administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes