PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Edited title] Patriots gave Andrews offer which did not "entice" him - but both sides want to get a deal done

I don't have instaface but saw that several Patriot players welcomed Cam back. How many were there from the OL?

Andrews at this point might consider that the last 2 Patriots that signed with the Dolphins were both cut loose the following year (Van Noy and Karras). I'm not sure what's going on with Elandon Roberts, but Andrews might make note of the fact that the Patriots have typically had long term relationships with OLs like Koppen, Connolly, Neal, etc. They hold onto guys and provide a bit of job security for them.

Jut something to think about.

I don't think that Belichick would count on starting a rookie 3rd or 4th round center. I expect that we will sign a veteran.
You do realize Belichick started David Andrews, an UDFA, for 11 games his rookie year :D

Andrews at this point might consider that the last 2 Patriots that signed with the Dolphins were both cut loose the following year (Van Noy and Karras). I'm not sure what's going on with Elandon Roberts, but Andrews might make note of the fact that the Patriots have typically had long term relationships with OLs like Koppen, Connolly, Neal, etc. They hold onto guys and provide a bit of job security for them.

Jut something to think about.
If he's going to sign with the Dolphins, he better make sure he gets 2 years of guaranteed money. KVN had a bad structure that let the team move on easily after just 1 year.

This is all true, but he also just saw his buddy Thuney break the bank in KC. Although he's not going to make anywhere close to that, he may be thinking this is his last shot at this. For an UDFA, this is his opportunity. I didn't expect him back until I saw Bill spending more money than a Jewish princess on a shopping spree in Miami.

and he also just saw a 3-time all pro center enter the market.....granted Hudson is 31, but that also makes him a prefect plug & play, low cost vet who signs a short deal while a team drafts a C lol

and he also just saw a 3-time all pro center enter the market.....granted Hudson is 31, but that also makes him a prefect plug & play, low cost vet who signs a short deal while a team drafts a C lol
There's more than 1 team looking for a center.

If he's going to sign with the Dolphins, he better make sure he gets 2 years of guaranteed money. KVN had a bad structure that let the team move on easily after just 1 year.
KVN made 15 million for one year. I don't think he's crying about it.

You do realize Belichick started David Andrews, an UDFA, for 11 games his rookie year :D
The year after starting a rookie drafted in the 4th and about a dozen after starting one drafted in the 5th.

Last edited:
Honestly forget Andrews lol sign Rodney Hudson my lord what are the Raiders doing this guy is a MONSTER, you want an absolute mauler to go with the rest of our line get this guy in silver and blue RIGHT NOW

and one more center that grades out higher on the market.....
I don't see that as a problem. Linsley was the top rated center available and he reset the top of the Center market at $12.5M/yr

Hudson was already getting paid in the top 10 at >$10M. Someone will pay him that and more.

Andrews is estimated at $6M to $7M/yr. If anything, Andrews market value is trending upward.

That clown show in Vegas just cost themselves $2 million in cap room to release Hudson. Helps us in the Andrews pursuit.

That clown show in Vegas just cost themselves $2 million in cap room to release Hudson. Helps us in the Andrews pursuit.
I didn’t see a reason for the release.. why did they cut him if they didn’t even save cap room?

I read the title and thought . thats exactly what was said about Thunney.

I didn’t see a reason for the release.. why did they cut him if they didn’t even save cap room?
I think that is what people are wondering. By all accounts he is a pretty good player and was a team captain. I guess that's what happens when you let TV guys run the show.

Someone please tell me that Rodney Hudson's agent is Drew...
I don't think it matters anymore, everyone wants to play for Pats now (cha chin).

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back