PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fields traded to Steelers

Justin Fields is dog ****.

6th rounder....same as Mac lol.

The whole group of 2021 first round QBs are busts. Trevor Lawrence's career QB ratng is actually lower than Jones'. I wonder what he would fetch in a trade?

The whole group of 2021 first round QBs are busts. Trevor Lawrence's career QB ratng is actually lower than Jones'. I wonder what he would fetch in a trade?
I think Lawrence is still a promising QB. Need to throw out that rookie year. We'll see.

Sounds about right
He was just as bad if not worse than Mac
At least Mac had one good year

For those that wanted him over Brissette
We are definitely drafting a QB this year
Fields and new QB would most likely be a divided QB room
Fields would want to be the starter and never have the makeup to be content to be a backup
I also don’t think he is a cerebral QB
Brissette is in no means a superstar
But possibly the perfect bridge
Seems like a pretty smart guy and would be a good mentor
Unified QB room

Pickett had a worse QBR, TD/INT %, Y/A, Y/G etc than Jones and all under the supposed better conditions in Pittsburgh.
Your last point actually makes mine. Mac sucked here primarily because he was mentally weak under difficult circumstances, Pickett sucked under what you claimed were better circumstances in Pittsburgh. He did less with more.
Screenshot_20240316_210547_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20240316_210401_Samsung Internet.jpg

They both sucked, not far off from each other. So what are we truly debating again? I honestly forgot.

Fields would be a lot more exciting than Brissett. There is nothing at all to get excited about for this upcoming season..nothing

Then don’t get excited.

The Patriots are going to be getting their QB of the future, plus OT, and WR’s in the draft. They have a very good defense and they will have a very young offense. Brissett is there to start for a while and help the rookie learn the offense.

Not the specific player, but there's already a board, or do you think that's put together a few days before?

Do you think a 4th round pick changes in value? A 4th is a 4th.

No, it’s not. The standard value in the NFL when trading is if you defer a year the.cost is a round higher with the pick. This isn’t something fans make up, it’s the way teams value picks.If a team came to the Patriots wanting Rhamondre and the Patriots sad they wanted a third in return, and they came back with a second in 25’ that’s considered the same value by NFL teams.

I understand the argument. I also understand a 4th is a 4th. I didn't make that up.

I don't see what's so special about being able to to predict something that's only 6 weeks away after considering it for the previous 46 weeks. Hell, we're only a few days into the new league year and plenty of folks here already know how bad the as yet to be assembled '24 Pats are gonna suck.

You can study it for 6 million years and you're not gonna predict it.

We got a better deal for Mac than the bears did for Fields

So we know for sure what the bears are going to do with the number 1 pick...

One, Two & Three ... QBs will rule the first round...

How is this thread so long? This dude blows lmao. If literally nobody else wanted him and he goes for a 6th rounder thats all you need to know

This is a complete lack of knowledge of draft pick value, used by every team, on your part.
If a team were to offer the Pats a '25 1st to move up, it would have the equivalent value as the 48th pick this year. That's how it's done, whether you disagree is irrelevant.

A 4th. Is a 4th. It's never gonna be a 5th. No matter how much you try, it's still a 4th.

We have data that shows Drake Maye was not as good as Mitch Trubisky.
I love UNC…but that scares me.
That data is so skewed. If that’s the case then Mac Jones is all world with his college stats.

College scouting puts a lot more work into a player than just stats. It’s a part of it, but projected ability is another.

Notice Williams and Maye are still ranked in the top 3 despite having down years. They are special talents and teams want to coach these type of players first and foremost.

It was just a few months ago a percentage of this board wanted Michael Penix at all costs and he was rising up draft boards. Then Michigan happened and he plummeted back to earth. He’s not even in the top 15 conversation anymore and 15 is being generous.

View attachment 57102View attachment 57103

They both sucked, not far off from each other. So what are we truly debating again? I honestly forgot.

Cherry picking a single season vs the totality of their careers is some pretty weak sauce.

My original point of disagreement was with your contention "Fields is in a better place with the Steelers"
Tomlin hasn't shown he can bring a QB along at all, Pickett did worse than Mac. Not to mention Fields is highly unlikely to see the field in Pittsburgh unless things truly go to crap with Wilson and while I don't think Wilson is going to be a good fit there I doubt he's going to wash out completely. Most likely Fields is going to ride the pine and end up an FA after the season.

Attachments

• 1710638204843.png
    1710638204843.png
    124.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
You can study it for 6 million years and you're not gonna predict it.

And yet there are all kinds of predictions going on here at PF and we are only a few days into the league year :evil:

That data is so skewed. If that’s the case then Mac Jones is all world with his college stats.

College scouting puts a lot more work into a player than just stats. It’s a part of it, but projected ability is another.

Notice Williams and Maye are still ranked in the top 3 despite having down years. They are special talents and teams want to coach these type of players first and foremost.

It was just a few months ago a percentage of this board wanted Michael Penix at all costs and he was rising up draft boards. Then Michigan happened and he plummeted back to earth. He’s not even in the top 15 conversation anymore and 15 is being generous.

It took a big game loss for people to second guess Penix. Luke hasn’t played in a big enough game to see a difference.
Trubisky also was a tremendous athlete with a strong arm. I don’t know if Luke is more of a “special” talent.
Zac Wilson is still very talented.
I wouldn’t touch him with a 10 foot pole.
My point is the (unreliable) data is all we have to go on. Everything else is big guess and no expert has the right answer.

Wouldn’t Fields be a better backup than Zappe? Also he could have competed with Brisset in TC. Wow bears fans at one point thought they were getting a late first.

At least would have generated buzz

How is this thread so long? This dude blows lmao. If literally nobody else wanted him and he goes for a 6th rounder thats all you need to know
Gotta talk about something right? Not much else going on, tumbleweeds since day 2

I didn’t want him but you can see the allure. He doesn’t blow by any means.

2300 yds 17 tds 11 ints, 1143 rush yds with 8 tds in 22.

2500yds 16tds 9 ints 657 rushing 4 tds in 23.

I could of lived with that last season. Just not sure if the guy was gonna progress any further was my question.

I didn’t want him but you can see the allure. He doesn’t blow by any means.

2300 yds 17 tds 11 ints, 1143 rush yds with 8 tds in 22.

2500yds 16tds 9 ints 657 rushing 4 tds in 23.

I could of lived with that last season. Just not sure if the guy was gonna progress any further was my question.

He’s basically 2022 mac with running ability. Solid backup at best. Its not a bad deal or anything since its just a 6th but i was just surprised how much attention it’s getting. Lets not forget he had dj moore to throw to in Chicago whos better than anyone Pittsburgh has so the idea that hed flourish elsewhere is misguided imo. Mooney and kmet were decent too. Hes just not any good

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back