PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fields traded to Steelers

Some of the media mock guys had Fields being traded for a second round pick. One even had the Pats giving up #3 and multiple other picks for Fields and #8. They really know nothing.

Found it.

Assuming he starts, Brissett likely will be a bottom-10 quarterback and that's nothing to get excited about. Fields is a project with potential upside who went cheap/no risk. With Wilson, Pickett and Fields, the Steelers suddenly have what could be one of the best QB rooms in the NFL.
Pickett is an eagle now.

Assuming he starts, Brissett likely will be a bottom-10 quarterback and that's nothing to get excited about. Fields is a project with potential upside who went cheap/no risk. With Wilson, Pickett and Fields, the Steelers suddenly have what could be one of the best QB rooms in the NFL.
Traded.

This more or less confirms that we are taking maye or daniels whoever falls in draft to 3 . Chargers most likely will be trading with vikings so that vikings can draft jj mccarthy unless commanders feel content with nix or penix.

No point wasting a draft pick on a backup for 1 year.

Steelers traded Pickett yesterday morning to the Eagles.

Justin Fields for just a 6th round pick? Are you kidding me? Why weren't the Pats in on this trade? That's like nothing and he would absolutely have been the best QB on the roster!

Pats knew that Fields would not gel to whatever rookie QB is in the room. Good move passing on adding him like the other 30 did

What the bears got for Fields SHOULD tell you everything you need to know about what the the league thinks about him as a starting QB

Christ it is WORSE than what we got for Mac. Plus think about the timing. You'd think the market would heat up as we get closer to the draft. Instead they take a nothing offer just to get him out of town.

Good deal for Pittsburgh though. They see the value of having "a slash" QB and they take a low risk shot at perhaps him fulfilling his promise as the #3 pick in the 21 draft when they move on from Wilson in a couple of years

And yet there are all kinds of predictions going on here at PF and we are only a few days into the league year :evil:

Well yes. I could do that too.

Then you don’t understand the method they use for valuing picks, you are just insisting you are right and ignoring it,

I understand the method. I even understand the logic.

But a 4th is still a 4th. Wether it's 2024 or 2040.

They know what they have better than any of us. Main needs are QB1, WR1 and LT. They have 8 picks.

They traded Mac, cut Parker, Guy, and others. I'm personally happy they corrected those mistakes. They retained players that filled roster holes so they don't have to draft them (see above).

They needed a complete face lift at every position on offense. You can't wipe away the drink of the last 3 years with just a new coach and a new QB.

As for your three identified needs. You wanna fill all 3 of those with a rookie? I wonder how many teams fielded those three positions with rookies and it wasn't a complete disaster.

Bears just traded their QB1. Bears have #1 pick.

You're not very good at this. You're pretty good at being emotional.

You know what the Bears didn't do? Sign Jacoby to help their number 1 pick adjust to the NFL.

I wonder if it's because it's a ridiculous waste of money and isn't going to do a damn thing one way or the other in the development.

How'd that work out last year for the commanders LOL

Brissett's a bottom 10 QB. Fields is a bottom 3 QB who will only see the field if Russell Wilson gets hurt (Who will be a bottom 15 QB).

You know what the Bears didn't do? Sign Jacoby to help their number 1 pick adjust to the NFL.

I wonder if it's because it's a ridiculous waste of money and isn't going to do a damn thing one way or the other in the development.

How'd that work out last year for the commanders LOL
They have to spend the cap money somewhere.

Justin Fields for just a 6th round pick? Are you kidding me? Why weren't the Pats in on this trade? That's like nothing and he would absolutely have been the best QB on the roster!
Nah.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back