PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fields traded to Steelers

Brissett is a "good" not "great" QB.

Fields hasn't shown the ability to simply be "good" at this point, which is why he just got traded for nothing.

Jacoby makes roughly 5-8 million per season. Teams know that Brissett, despite his limitations, provides a median level of production and ball security.

Your interpretation of value is based off what what you think Fields might become, instead of what Brissett already is.
People need to understand that we aren’t signing Brisett as our answer but as a bridge QB. I don’t think they get that

This is a spent year no matter what we do. We might as well go full tank TBH. But personally I think Brissett is a little better than that. He's shown that in the right environment he can win a few games.

With Brissett as QB last season I think that Pats team would have won 6 more games.

Eagles (5 point loss) (difference in the game was a Jones pick-6)
@Raiders (2 point loss, ya it ended up being 4 points but because Jones took a safety at the end) (Jones interception inside the Vegas redzone)
Commanders (3 point loss) (Jones interception just out the Wash. redzone to end the game)
Colts (4 point loss) (lost on a terrible redzone pick by Jones)
@giants (3 point loss) (redzone pick by Jones that they returned inside the NE25 which set them up for their only TD)
Chargers (6-0 loss)

You can see a common theme in those close loses they had.

4-13 becomes 10-7

Think you could even argue 2 more games . The game in Buffalo (Zappe threw 3 INTs and it still was a 6 point game and stayed a 6 point game for the last 11 minutes) and the jest game (was a 9-3 game with less than 2 minutes left)

potentially 12-5 with better QB play.

Ok. The fact that the Patriots wouldn't give up a 6 that could be a 4 based on performance is actually ****ing insane.

Are they aware it's the off-season?
Are you aware he can't play?

15 pages on Fields to PIT. Lol

The OP posted original tweet and an updated tweet, then......

20231016_183813.jpg

With Brissett as QB last season I think that Pats team would have won 6 more games.

@Raiders (2 point loss, ya it ended up being 4 points but because Jones took a safety at the end) (Jones interception inside the Vegas redzone)
Commanders (3 point loss) (Jones interception just out the Wash. redzone to end the game)
@giants (3 point loss) (redzone pick by Jones that they returned inside the NE25 which set them up for their only TD)
Chargers (6-0 loss)

4-13 becomes 10-7

Think you could even argue 2 more games . The game in Buffalo (Zappe threw 3 INTs and it still was a 6 point game and stayed a 6 point game for the last 11 minutes) and the jest game (was a 9-3 game with less than 2 minutes left)

Agreed. That chargers game by far was atrocious offensively. To your point with stability at the QB position and this stout defense we will be in every game with a chance to win.

Wozzy I am going on record and say Fans will be calling for Biscuits removal after Game 3 he doesn't bring anything to a Team. I can't believe the Krafts are trying to sell this current product we have a long long long way to go.
You had people still begging for Mac Jones to keep his job after the Colts game.

Chargers (6-0 loss)

4-13 becomes 10-7

I'm not going to go so far as to say they would have won all those games - but you can throw both Miami games in there too, both changed after pick 6s.

And to your point wozzy.. median level QB play would be by leaps and bounds better than last season.. the Chargers among others last season was probably some of the worst offensive football played last season.

If JB plays game manager, takes care of the ball this team could be a team in the hunt at the end of next season.
Exactly. The first order of the O's business is to "Do no harm".

It was bad last year because you new it was coming...a little momentum, a 3 and out by the D, turnover by the defense, good field position, and BAM, interception, fumble, off sides, multiple penalties, out of field goal range.
It wasn't just Mac. God they sucked. The defense had to be so frustrated.

Exactly. The first order of the O's business is to "Do no harm".

It was bad last year because you new it was coming...a little momentum, a 3 and out by the D, turnover by the defense, good field position, and BAM, interception, fumble, off sides, multiple penalties, out of field goal range.
It wasn't just Mac. God they sucked. The defense had to be so frustrated.
Absolutely correct! Anyone who does not think our D is elite.. look at the situations they were put in basically each game last season.. turnovers in the red zone, constantly on the field. We had to lead the league in amount if minutes played by the defense Last year. The D had every right to be pissed, remembering after the Washington game Godchaux saying they didn't have thier 2 best players and we still couldn't take advantage.

Brissett is an upgrade over what we had last year but is still only a bridge. The (hopefully) franchise QB will come at #3 in the draft. All the holes on offense cannot be filled in one year. We need to prioritize our needs this year and continue to backfill in year 2.

I understand the method. I even understand the logic.

But a 4th is still a 4th. Wether it's 2024 or 2040.
Based on that logic it makes no difference whether you get paid by your employer this Friday and every two weeks going forward, or only get paid after you have reached 52 weeks of service, and once every 52 weeks thereafter.

Yes, it is true that 4 = 4.
It is also true that 2024 ≠ 2025.

And it is also true that the expectation is that the compensation will be a 6th, not a 4th. Fields will have to take 51% of the snaps for the pick to be upgraded to 1 4th, from what I understand. Even though it could happen, it is highly unlikely to happen.

The obsession over Fields is bizarre. You don't trade a former 1st round pick to trade for another 1st round pick, only to take a QB at #3. .

Based on that logic it makes no difference whether you get paid by your employer this Friday and every two weeks going forward, or only get paid after you have reached 52 weeks of service, and once every 52 weeks thereafter.

Yes, it is true that 4 = 4.
It is also true that 2024 ≠ 2025.

And it is also true that the expectation is that the compensation will be a 6th, not a 4th. Fields will have to take 51% of the snaps for the pick to be upgraded to 1 4th, from what I understand. Even though it could happen, it is highly unlikely to happen.

How is your analogy a equal to the question at hand.

I understand that I'm theory you want a pick sooner than later, but what happens if you don't?

We just had a coach who had no problem getting down due to "value" and you saw how that worked out. A team almost completely devoid of real talent.

Some of the media mock guys had Fields being traded for a second round pick. One even had the Pats giving up #3 and multiple other picks for Fields and #8. They really know nothing.
This is news?

The obsession over Fields is bizarre. You don't trade a former 1st round pick to trade for another 1st round pick, only to take a QB at #3. .
What I find bizarre is that we have a 15-page thread debating the value of a 6th round draft pick in the current year versus the value of a 6th round draft pick in the following year.

People need to understand that we aren’t signing Brisett as our answer but as a bridge QB. I don’t think they get that
I'm sure if you asked Brissett, he'd say he's there to start and then see where it goes from there. He wouldn't be the first guy who stayed in there longer because the rookie was taking a hot minute to get the lead out.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back