PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Pats RB Damien Harris retires

After his 2021 season I thought we had a real stud at RB. Crazy how quick RBs tires can come off. Thanks for a couple of fun years.

wow, that news was not expected... liked him when he was here... best of luck to him in retirement

All the more reason why you don't invest big $ on a RB.

Guys like Derrick Henry are very rare. Generally the most you can expect to get are 2-3 solid seasons.

Apparently the neck injury with concussion was scary enough for him to call it quits. Probably a wise decision, He was a solid RB, best of luck to him.

Damn that sucks. He was a great player and locker room presence. I wonder if he’s another guy Mayo could entice into a coaching role later, especially since he never really made much money as far as NFL players go. I know he really loved Coach Fears.

Damn. I thought he could be a high level RB after 2021.

Players are now faster and bigger and stronger and so the hits are that much harder than they used to be. RBs take the most hits and are the least protected so I guess it should not be a surprise their life shelf is so short.

Damn he was young.
Great rb for a while.
It's a tough business.

Loved his running style, but he just couldn't stay healthy.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Best of luck to him. Neck injuries are no joke. I hope he is ok and lives a happy, pain free rest of his life.

All the best to him in retirement! I enjoyed his time as a Patriot and loved his violent running style. It's sad to see that injuries likely lead to this early retirement.

After his 2021 season I thought we had a real stud at RB. Crazy how quick RBs tires can come off. Thanks for a couple of fun years.

Injuries every year he played. I wouldn't be surprised if the neck injury last year made him re-evaluate things.

Running backs should have different rookie contracts . Their shelf life is so small.

Extend rookie duration for QB,CB, WR,TE and limit it to 3 years for all other positions . The running backs deserve better.

This is bonded labour for now. High time the NFLPA took notice.

Best to retire now so Harris doesn’t end up like this guy and I don’t mean Hamlin.

Good for him, he made a few bucks and doesn't have to get hit in the head anymore, I don't blame any of these guys for retiring early, especially if you've had a few injuries.

Best to retire now so Harris doesn’t end up like this guy and I don’t mean Hamlin.

Someone should take his phone away. No social media for you, AB.

He was a very good player for a bit. I wish him well in his future career(s)!

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back