Garoppolo and Gronk... who cares??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patjew

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I do. I care a lot.

But what I really want to know is if Hightower will be playing. To me this is a game that the D can/must win, and DT is KEY to that. I feel like his potential absence/presence is not being discussed enough.

Anyhoo, we'll see soon enough.

(PS- I never PM'd Kontra no matter what he says)

OK, I do. I care a lot.

But what I really want to know is if Hightower will be playing. To me this is a game that the D can/must win, and DT is KEY to that. I feel like his potential absence/presence is not being discussed enough.

Hand over copies of all your PMs please.

OK, I do. I care a lot.

Totally agree. His injury and the impact on the defense the first two games has been overlooked too. We all talk about how important Hightower and Butler are to the defense, then wonder why the D is struggling when they're both hurt.

14358686_943837785753812_5681957002837263839_n.jpg

Just today told my brother that High is the key to this D. They play much better as a unit with him in there. Forced CAP wise to choose between Hightower and the more exciting, athletic Collins, I'd go with Hightower. Reservations would be on his health & durability.

Hightower has practiced the last two days, so there's that. Also not sure if anyone has posted these stats but their OL is a mess, especially their C Jeff Allen.

Just today told my brother that High is the key to this D. They play much better as a unit with him in there. Forced CAP wise to choose between Hightower and the more exciting, athletic Collins, I'd go with Hightower. Reservations would be on his health & durability.
Agreed. They're so complementary to one another... it's hard to judge one while the other is out.

A bit more complicated than playing or not playing. HT practiced with a brace, so still not 100%. If he plays, how effective will he be? Freeny is also dinged, so perhaps Roberts gets more snaps. I have similar questions about Gronk. If he plays, I'd expect about 50% of the snaps as an in line blocker. No seam routes. Big challenge blocking these guys up front, so Gronk is important.

Received a lengthy PM from @ReverendMaynard. Some highlights...

• Got a Nielsen box so he help with the NFL's ratings when he watches football.
  • Goodell a very charismatic and effective leader of men.
  • Appreciates Kraft's handling of both Spygate and Deflategate.
  • Thinking of setting up an Instagram account.
  • Feels the team needs Hightower on the field tonight as they not only miss him as a LB, but also as a leader.

Marty's been a beast with JG & Brissett. Can't wait to see him with the Gronk.

Run Blount to the right as Mason sprints in front and both TEs are on that side. Leapfrog them all Blount.

Received a lengthy PM from @ReverendMaynard. Some highlights...

• Got a Nielsen box so he help with the NFL's ratings when he watches football.
  • Goodell a very charismatic and effective leader of men.
  • Appreciates Kraft's handling of both Spygate and Deflategate.
  • Thinking of setting up an Instagram account.
  • Feels the team needs Hightower on the field tonight as they not only miss him as a LB, but also as a leader.
I did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents