PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore traded to Carolina

Andrew luck was everything that was advertised. He retired because the colts poor roster ruined him with injuries. Which is what our fear should be with Mac jones

So far Mac Jones has far outplayed his rookie counterparts
People ignore he was hit a ton. The GM was atrocious.

GM Bill has lost his magic. Trading away a recent nfl player of the year for a bag of marbles
Didn’t they get more in return for Michel?

When is the first time you said that?
I was hoping he took a pay cut but wasn't mad when he came back. I would rather cut him and keep Gilmore of I had the choice.

Go ahead and ignore Brown dropping a TD making the Pats have to go the length of the field to win. Had the Pats won, Bucs fans are saying “If Brown only caught that TD”.

The O line is a disaster and is getting Mac killed.

The team is not going anywhere this with a rookie QB with a terrible O line.
I’m not ignoring anything. Had the patriots won we could say the bucs were only a diving circus catch away from winning.

The amount of improvement needed to contend is inarguably not drastic.

People ignore he was hit a ton. The GM was atrocious.

Trent Brown needs to get his *** back on the field...tell him to go to Kraft's massage therapist to work on his calf.

The Bucs would have put 30 on the board if not for 2 drops in the RZ. It works both ways
And the patriots would have scored more if the OL played better or if Taylor didn’t fumble.
Im not sure where describing the margin they lost by turns into a pissing match about everything each team did imperfectly.

Pats haven't gone 0-3 at home since 1993 but everything is fine. Got it.
Please direct me to my “everything is fine” comment.

I don’t get it?

A 6th round pick in 2023?
We would be better off with a 2023 comp pick by letting him go inactive the remainder of the year.

and if I did not hear that about other QB's over the years and they still didnt turn into a great QB that might mean something. I am not sitting here saying he will not be good, but there are a lot of other factors that halt careers. I heard Luck coming out had the most perfect mechanics field vision, etc etc. He played less than 8 years and never even got to a superbowl. The problem is as pats fans, the ceiling of expectation is not only a superbowl, its many, and that is just not a reality until it is.

just making my own counter point.....your opinion has about the same value as mine

but having 20-20 hindsight is good

Take #1: A 2023 sixth round? Plus everyone left here at the CB position sucks! I mean Sherman outplayed all of them last weekend for the Bucs with all those tackles he made!

Anything I missed?
Just wondering If we were watching the same game. Sherman outplayed our corners? If that's your take #1, I don't want to hear what take #2 is. lol

I wonder what this secondary is going to look like next year. I assume Jackson is gone and McCourty retires.

I don’t get it?

A 6th round pick in 2023?
We would be better off with a 2023 comp pick by letting him go inactive the remainder of the year.
We would have to pay his salary then......

I wonder what this secondary is going to look like next year. I assume Jackson is gone and McCourty retires.
why are you assuming jackson is gone?

Just wondering If we were watching the same game. Sherman outplayed our corners? If that's your take #1, I don't want to hear what take #2 is. lol
Both takes were as extreme to each end of the spectrum of posters I've seen recently as I could make up.

Although through all that as someone pointed out I forgot to add "fire McDaniels" in there too.

GM Bill has lost his magic. Trading away a recent nfl player of the year for a bag of marbles
We have lost our best 3 players in the last two years and have a 6th round pick to show for it. Brady, Thuney, and Gilmore leave and net us a 6th rounder.

How would I know what the offense is going to do? As I said, they still have some very good defenses to play yet. If there was a game of unleash the points it would have been against Tampa, they have no secondary at this point. Was surprised they could only muster 18. Saints Defense is average I saw Mr Ghosts rip it up.
You should be able to understand that a rookie QB 4 games into his career is apt to grow and play better, that 4 of the top 5 receiving weapons being new ought to lead to improvement as the season wears on.
That an OL playing far below expectations and previous level of play is apt to improve. Or we can just all whine.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back