PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore traded to Carolina

Again possible, but when they do polls they do not poll everyone in the world, they take a small pocket to poll. I get what you are saying, but people dont come here to argue unless its something they agree with or do not agree with. SO what they agree with would be how they see things.
This isn't an accurate sample. It's self-selected. It is a subset of a very small subset. Polling doesn't work that way.

Entertainment companies who listen to people with agendas (and Dunning-Kruger syndrome) on their message boards usually fail in short order.

why are you assuming jackson is gone?
He’ll command a decent sized contract. The good news is there’s better CB’s entering FA with him which will bring his price down unless he gets a ton of INT’s this year.

I was hoping he took a pay cut but wasn't mad when he came back. I would rather cut him and keep Gilmore of I had the choice.
Exactly. it's always complicated more than the local radio meatheads make it out to be.

We have lost our best 3 players in the last two years and have a 6th round pick to show for it. Brady, Thuney, and Gilmore leave and net us a 6th rounder.

embarrassing. And there are reports we could have traded Jimmy G for a first round pick but balked. And Chandler Jones going for a 2nd is criminal considering Belichick once got a first round pick in return for an aging Richard Seymour . and don’t get me started on his recent draft history it’s deplorable. lately some real bonehead moves

cooks for a first (which he used on Michel instead of Chubb) was his only good recent compensation return

He’ll command a decent sized contract. The good news is there’s better CB’s entering FA with him which will bring his price down unless he gets a ton of INT’s this year.
you gotta pay somebody....if mccourty is gone, well...there's the money right there

I wonder what this secondary is going to look like next year. I assume Jackson is gone and McCourty retires.
I think Jackson will be back. McCourty is another story. He’s still playing at a high level, though.

embarrassing. And there are reports we could have traded Jimmy G for a first round pick but balked. And Chandler Jones going for a 2nd is criminal considering Belichick once got a first round pick in return for an aging Richard Seymour . and don’t get me started on his recent draft history it’s deplorable. lately some real bonehead moves

cooks for a first (which he used on Michel instead of Chubb) was his only good recent compensation return

here is our hourly winner of the 20/20 hindsight club

Just checking. So now we want to trade all of our starters 2 years before they become free agents right. That way we can maximize their trade value.
Time to start thinking about a Mac Jones trade. Imagine the haul...

I think Jackson will be back. McCourty is another story. He’s still playing at a high level, though.
Honestly coming into the his year I would've said let him walk as he'll get paid like a number 1 guy but he isn't. So far this year he has looked like a number 1 guy. Granted he only played against one really good QB but he has looked pretty good. That being said sometimes I don't know if they like him personality wise. His comments about Tua after we lost to the Dolphins are traditionally the type of the thing Bill frowns upon.

His comments about Tua after we lost to the Dolphins are traditionally the type of the thing Bill frowns upon.
It also didn’t make sense given he gave up a key first down late playing 20 yards off of the LOS giving Tua his “first read”.

I call bs that those quotes are from @Ian
Same. But we will find out shortly. I got a good laugh out of them though. Oh no! Not everyone on a message board likes me. Guess I’ll just have to move on with my day.

Gilmore is playing for $7 mil for Carolina this year.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back