PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore traded to Carolina

Just wondering If we were watching the same game. Sherman outplayed our corners? If that's your take #1, I don't want to hear what take #2 is. lol
I think it was sarcasm.

Sadly on this board it’s often hard to tell.

I think Jackson will be back. McCourty is another story. He’s still playing at a high level, though.
I think they'll offer Jackson a pretty hefty contract, but very likely NOT highest paid CB in the league (which someone else MIGHT). That's been a position the Patriots have expended significant cap space on in recent years.

As for where the cash comes from? Unknown. McCourty and High are the likely ones, but BOTH require replacement too (and now seemingly a LT...ugh). A FS might be in-house (that might be a spot Joejuan might be better suited for) and Mills certainly has played there before, but a MLB that can both run and pass defend and rush the passer - that's going to be costly.

Certainly I think each move is justifiable in isolation but when you look at the whole, the fact we have lost the following core players in the last dynasty - either through trade, release, or failure to come to an extension - is disappointing: Brady, Gilmore, Gronkowski, Thuney, C Jones, Flowers, Butler, Garoppolo, Hicks, Cooks. Not to mention pretty good role players like Logan Ryan and Nate Solder. A lot of talent lost with not much replacing it.

Was it reported he won't get anymore money?
It was reported on the radio. Apparently he will play for them for $7 mil and not us or Bill asked him to play for less than $7 mil given we literally have zero cap space which is unfathomable in a year that we had oodles of money to spend.

It was reported on the radio. Apparently he will play for them for $7 mil and not us or Bill asked him to play for less than $7 mil given we literally have zero cap space which is unfathomable in a year that we had oodles of money to spend.
Oh, wow, surprised. Was it him speaking or just reported that he said that. I mean he could get extended and get $7M this year. I don't want to misinterpret the context.

Oh, wow, surprised. Was it him speaking or just reported that he said that. I mean he could get extended and get $7M this year. I don't want to misinterpret the context.
Yeah. I mean it is still early. Spotrac has him at the $7 mil if that means anything. It is possible he will play on that amount and look to hit the FA market at season's end.

I think they'll offer Jackson a pretty hefty contract, but very likely NOT highest paid CB in the league (which someone else MIGHT). That's been a position the Patriots have expended significant cap space on in recent years.

As for where the cash comes from? Unknown. McCourty and High are the likely ones, but BOTH require replacement too (and now seemingly a LT...ugh). A FS might be in-house (that might be a spot Joejuan might be better suited for) and Mills certainly has played there before, but a MLB that can both run and pass defend and rush the passer - that's going to be costly.
Assuming he doesn’t fall off of a cliff, I see him commanding $16M per year.

Sounds like nov 7 will be a bit of a...... cat fight :excited:

Well, no, and we know he wasn't playing here for $7M.

So he's already pissed about playing for $7 mill and Bill says "How about less?" Crazy. Even more so if you're Gilmore watching bums like Agholor get paid $11 mill.

you'll find out now.......atta way to put your buddy on the spot
Actually, it was you who did that. You didn’t actually need to honor my request for a name. Nice going, Stimmy. That must have changed because he’s one of the people in the PM group where I share pics of my daughter as she grows up. Hopefully you don’t get banned for that again. First tanked_as_usual and now this handle. Maybe the third time will be the charm?

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, it was you who did that. You didn’t actually need to honor my request for a name. Nice going, Stimmy. That must have changed because he’s one of the people in the PM group where I share pics of my daughter as she grows up. Hopefully you don’t get banned for that again. First tanked_as_usual and now this handle. Maybe the third time will be the charm?

maybe......maybe not

you asked for it.....you got it

I may be banned, but you get to live with your complete lack of self awareness

and yes, you did express your wish for me to die.......deny it, but you know it's true

embarrassing. And there are reports we could have traded Jimmy G for a first round pick but balked. And Chandler Jones going for a 2nd is criminal considering Belichick once got a first round pick in return for an aging Richard Seymour . and don’t get me started on his recent draft history it’s deplorable. lately some real bonehead moves

cooks for a first (which he used on Michel instead of Chubb) was his only good recent compensation return
No this is stupid talk. You play to win every year. You don't trade your star players away each year hoping to get better next year. GIlmore had 2 seasons left during the draft in 2020. He was the DPOY that year. There was no way to know he was going to get hurt and then hold out for more money.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back