PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going to a Patriots game @ Gillette for the 1st time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Aria - how was your visit? Hope you had a good time.

I have a few nuggets to add to the 'first time experience" experience that might be of interest to others, so here goes:

1. I tried the new free season ticket holder parking this weekend (delayed exit (75 minutes after the game) required) Lot 55, behind P10, opposite Patriots Place) and found it was a pretty good experience that can be improved upon by me leaving earlier for the game than I did this Sunday. The pros - the parking came as advertised - I downloaded a pass through my season ticket holder account, and once I got through the congestion at the entrance to P10 (see cons), I was directed to a dedicated lane, and parked close to the access road behind P10 in a big grassy area I didn't tailgate, but saw others doing so. I went to Patriots Place after the game (as I often do after a 1:00 p.m. game), got back to the car a few minutes more than 75 minutes after the game, and got right out, even though I was making a left onto Rte. 1. The 1/2 mile distance from the stadium is true, once the state trooper explains that you can't walk up the access road and cross Rte. 1 - you have to cut through one of the paying parking lots and cross with those folks through a dedicated opening/cross walk in the fence. The cons - the entrance to P10, which you have to use to get to Lot 55 is really backed up and congested, or at least it was at 11:00 a.m. when I got there. However, this could be mitigated by me getting there earlier, which usually I would, and by my new knowledge that once I make the turn into the lot I should look for the dedicated lane for Lot 55, which was over to the far left. Also, some signage to help with both the dedicated lane, and the fact that you have to cut through a different parking lot to cross Rte. 1 would have been helpful. All in all, we thought it was a good deal, particularly for a 1:00 p.m. game. Not sure if I would use it for a later afternoon game, and probably not a night game. Tune and Joker you should check it out.

2. Two thumbs down for the Scorpion Bar (Mexican restaurant) in Patriots Place, where I tried to go after the game. First they wouldn't let me in because I forgot my ID (I'm a 55 year old mother of 4 and look it), and even though I wanted dinner and not to go to their stupid bar. Then they wouldn't let my 21 year old son in because "he's too young." I said, "he's not too young - look at his age on his ID right in your hand!" whereupon Mr. Cool bouncer said, "I am making a decision not to let him in because he's had too much already." I asked him to repeat himself and then asked if he was joking, as my son had had nothing to drink and was just standing there quietly. He and his "manager" who both looked about as old as my son, basically told us to get lost, and said, "you can go to another bar if you want." Damn straight. We went to Davios, where the bouncer opened the door for us, and had a lovely meal without the BS of that place. DON'T GO THERE. Asshats. Nice customer service.
Deb, some quick questions about lot 55: was it crowded? Are passes still available for future games? Also, I'm wondering if it makes sense for night games. Thanks.

We will be doing the same thing, Jets - Patriots in September will be our first game in Gillette (live on the west coast so haven't had a chance until now).

A couple more questions to semi-hijack the thread:

We don't really need to be close to the field, 300 section on the Jets sideline is fine. Is the crowd energy still good up there? Should we expect some percentage of enemy Jets fans or have their spirits all been crushed?

Ticket prices up there are about $300 plus fees, any chance they come down or should I lock them in now? There are fewer tickets available in each section than I would have expected, which is probably for the best.
OK since this thread popped up again, and you opened it in the first place, I think it would be appropriate for all of us that you tell us how it went, TBH? Was it everything you hoped it would be?

I've seen a LOT of these threads over the year, and they never write back with what happened. It's like when you watch some of those HGTV rehab shows. We see it right after the rehab, I always want them to do a show about what they look like now a few years later, especially for "Fixer upper"

OK since this thread popped up again, and you opened it in the first place, I think it would be appropriate for all of us that you tell us how it went, TBH? Was it everything you hoped it would be?

I've seen a LOT of these threads over the year, and they never write back with what happened. It's like when you watch some of those HGTV rehab shows. We see it right after the rehab, I always want them to do a show about what they look like now a few years later, especially for "Fixer upper"

Funny but true.

Deb, some quick questions about lot 55: was it crowded? Are passes still available for future games? Also, I'm wondering if it makes sense for night games. Thanks.
I was in 55 Sunday - easy in, easy out. Got there at 9, they scanned the registration code and we were in. Tailgated after, left lot at 5:45 and very little traffic north bound. Hope this helps. Wasn't "crowded" and seemed like they could've got more cars in there. But overall, I'd definitely do it again. Hope this helps you.

I was in 55 Sunday - easy in, easy out. Got there at 9, they scanned the registration code and we were in. Tailgated after, left lot at 5:45 and very little traffic north bound. Hope this helps. Wasn't "crowded" and seemed like they could've got more cars in there. But overall, I'd definitely do it again. Hope this helps you.
Thanks, appreciate it.

Hey Aria - how was your visit? Hope you had a good time.
I have a few nuggets to add to the 'first time experience" experience that might be of interest to others, so here goes:

1. I tried the new free season ticket holder parking this weekend (delayed exit (75 minutes after the game) required) Lot 55, behind P10, opposite Patriots Place) and found it was a pretty good experience that can be improved upon by me leaving earlier for the game than I did this Sunday. The pros - the parking came as advertised - I downloaded a pass through my season ticket holder account, and once I got through the congestion at the entrance to P10 (see cons), I was directed to a dedicated lane, and parked close to the access road behind P10 in a big grassy area I didn't tailgate, but saw others doing so. I went to Patriots Place after the game (as I often do after a 1:00 p.m. game), got back to the car a few minutes more than 75 minutes after the game, and got right out, even though I was making a left onto Rte. 1. The 1/2 mile distance from the stadium is true, once the state trooper explains that you can't walk up the access road and cross Rte. 1 - you have to cut through one of the paying parking lots and cross with those folks through a dedicated opening/cross walk in the fence. The cons - the entrance to P10, which you have to use to get to Lot 55 is really backed up and congested, or at least it was at 11:00 a.m. when I got there. However, this could be mitigated by me getting there earlier, which usually I would, and by my new knowledge that once I make the turn into the lot I should look for the dedicated lane for Lot 55, which was over to the far left. Also, some signage to help with both the dedicated lane, and the fact that you have to cut through a different parking lot to cross Rte. 1 would have been helpful. All in all, we thought it was a good deal, particularly for a 1:00 p.m. game. Not sure if I would use it for a later afternoon game, and probably not a night game. Tune and Joker you should check it out.

2. Two thumbs down for the Scorpion Bar (Mexican restaurant) in Patriots Place, where I tried to go after the game. First they wouldn't let me in because I forgot my ID (I'm a 55 year old mother of 4 and look it), and even though I wanted dinner and not to go to their stupid bar. Then they wouldn't let my 21 year old son in because "he's too young." I said, "he's not too young - look at his age on his ID right in your hand!" whereupon Mr. Cool bouncer said, "I am making a decision not to let him in because he's had too much already." I asked him to repeat himself and then asked if he was joking, as my son had had nothing to drink and was just standing there quietly. He and his "manager" who both looked about as old as my son, basically told us to get lost, and said, "you can go to another bar if you want." Damn straight. We went to Davios, where the bouncer opened the door for us, and had a lovely meal without the BS of that place. DON'T GO THERE. Asshats. Nice customer service.
It was cool!! Seats in section 113, row 8, so although sunny, great view of the field, and loved being behind the Pats sideline- we took Uber to & from the game $42 there, $60 back, so not too bad... some total dlcks seated in front of us made it slightly less fun...hurling insults @ Gost when he was practicing RIGHT in front of us after the missed xp...being loud at the wrong times, etc etc..they left early in the 3rd, so that was a positive!! After the game we stopped in one of the stadium restaurants to grab some pizza..they were closing down, so they gave us free pizza & drinks..added bonus! Great stadium, absolutely loved being with so many Pats fans!

I’d post pics & a great video of Jules TD, but I’m having issues uploading- all my images & files are too big..o_O

It was cool!! Seats in section 113, row 8, so although sunny, great view of the field, and loved being behind the Pats sideline- we took Uber to & from the game $42 there, $60 back, so not too bad... some total dlcks seated in front of us made it slightly less fun...hurling insults @ Gost when he was practicing RIGHT in front of us after the missed xp...being loud at the wrong times, etc etc..they left early in the 3rd, so that was a positive!! After the game we stopped in one of the stadium restaurants to grab some pizza..they were closing down, so they gave us free pizza & drinks..added bonus! Great stadium, absolutely loved being with so many Pats fans!

Thanks for sharing.

some total dlcks seated in front of us made it slightly less fun...hurling insults @ Gost when he was practicing RIGHT in front of us after the missed xp...being loud at the wrong times, etc etc..they left early in the 3rd,
That pisses me off. Were those a-holes Patriots fans? After 27 years going to Foxboro I have little tolerance for that sort of crap. I'd be on them to knock it the hell off or if they're REALLY bad, alert security. You should not have to put up with that -- no one else said anything to them? :mad:

That pisses me off. Were those a-holes Patriots fans? After 27 years going to Foxboro I have little tolerance for that sort of crap. I'd be on them to knock it the hell off or if they're REALLY bad, alert security. You should not have to put up with that -- no one else said anything to them? :mad:
Get this- they were season ticket holders!! I told them to shut up &asked one of em’ if he was actually a fan... his response reminded me of some folks comments in the game thread here.
Also trust me- Gost could hear him...he was calling him “Steve”...”you don’t belong on this team- you suuuuuck” ...”shank it Steve” “you’re fvvvvvckng terrible, Steve”..... despicable.

I got there at 11, so getting in off of Rte. 1 southbound was congested/crowded, but once I got into the correct lane after making the turn, lot 55 was not crowded or full, although it was fuller when I came out. I think the passes are available on a game-by-game basis. I decided to try it last minute & downloaded the pass on Saturday afternoon. At first I thought I had to commit for the whole season but that was not the case (plus I realized even if I didn’t like it & never went back, what exactly did I lose since it’s free). Not sure I would do it for a later game as I’d rather get home, but for a 1:00 pm I’d definitely do it again. It’s much closer than Pinebrook Office Park where I often go south of the stadium and maybe even closer than Lot 33, my go-to lot north of the stadium (which now charges $60 for parking; Pinebrook is still $40). Supposedly they have a tent with snacks planned for night games (as PP wouldn’t be open). You should definitely try it.

Watching the sideline- when Gost came back to the sideline after the missed xp, he threw his helmet on the ground...Wino is a goofball, pretend tackling Van Noy, jumping around, energizer bunny! Bill pulling the flag from his sock is too funny... Brady’s blocking try was right in front of us...he actually seemed kind of fast:eek:

Get this- they were season ticket holders!! I told them to shut up &asked one of em’ if he was actually a fan... his response reminded me of some folks comments in the game thread here.
Also trust me- Gost could hear him...he was calling him “Steve”...”you don’t belong on this team- you suuuuuck” ...”shank it Steve” “you’re fvvvvvckng terrible, Steve”..... despicable.
They have a new system at Gillette where you can text an alert to security for assistance with bad eggs like that. Just a guess but I'd wonder if those were corporate-owned seats where tix are given away as perks to employees and friends. There are some of those next to where I sit and it's different people every game who leave early.

There won't be THAT many Jete fans there, just a few sprinkled about.
There were hardly any Jete fans there. Even they are embarrassed by their team!

vs Miami 29/12

Hi all, first time poster. My wife and I are coming over from the UK for our first home game this December (saw our first game beating the Jets at MetLife last season) and cannot wait to experience a home game.

Just wanted to hear your opinions on the best way to go about getting to and from the game?

I gather it’s an hour from Boston, we won’t be driving as want to drink and enjoy the experience as much as possible. Do buses/trains run from the centre of the city that will get us there 2ish hours before kick off?

I’ve read in some places the train gets you there just before kick off so no time to get involved with the tailgates which isn’t great.

Thanks in advance.
J

Hi all, first time poster. My wife and I are coming over from the UK for our first home game this December (saw our first game beating the Jets at MetLife last season) and cannot wait to experience a home game.

Just wanted to hear your opinions on the best way to go about getting to and from the game?

I gather it’s an hour from Boston, we won’t be driving as want to drink and enjoy the experience as much as possible. Do buses/trains run from the centre of the city that will get us there 2ish hours before kick off?

I’ve read in some places the train gets you there just before kick off so no time to get involved with the tailgates which isn’t great.

Thanks in advance.
J

Check out some of these previous threads, and links, they may answer some of your questions. As you noted, the train will not leave you any time to partake in pre-game festivities.

Enjoy the game and your visit!!!!

Going to a Patriots game @ Gillette for the 1st time...

Boston to Gillette other than by train

getting to the game | New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard

first game at foxboro | New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard

what to do where to go | New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard

Bus for Shuttle to Gillette Stadium I NFL 2019/20 New England Patriots Games

Boston Common Coach | Schedules

We are heading to the Miami game on the 29th Dec, our first visit to Gillette and cannot wait. From what I gather the train isn't an option as it arrives bang on kick off and leaves immediately after the game finishes. We are travelling over from the England so don't want to be rushing around, and we won't be driving. Is there a decent bus link to the stadium from the city centre? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back