PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Honestly have no idea how that Defense can be fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not entirely sure what I make of Devin McCourty at the moment. For 10 million per, I'd like him to arrive a step or two earlier than what he is. I understand he's got a lot of territory to cover but he seems to be missing atm.

Devin McCourty is no longer the player he was 2 years ago...he was good, now he is literally just another safety that doesn't improve our D....he is past his prime and he is going downhill.

Once again BB making a huge mistake by letting Collins go and now we stuck with a worse player on pass D.

We looked so damn lost in the middle of the field. its a damn shame.

Devin McCourty is no longer the player he was 2 years ago...he was good, now he is literally just another safety that doesn't improve our D....he is past his prime and he is going downhill.

Once again BB making a huge mistake by letting Collins go and now we stuck with a worse player on pass D.

We looked so damn lost in the middle of the field. its a damn shame.

Wonder what Dmac would like in a scheme that allows him more freedom. I honestly just think the coaches want him deep sitting back and not taking any real risks.

Stop playing ****ing prevent defense! Don´t work!
2man rush- 9 in coverage- and the receiver is still wide open. Really?
And buy Ryan Logan a map, compass, navigation system or something else. This guy ist lost in backfield, all season long.

Im telling you guys, only way to improve this defense unfortunately is through free agency.

Needs improvement but on the field a lot.

Where was our offense against a better defense ? We couldn't match Seattle's.

The secondary is not very good, at this point there is no denying that. I thought it was deep but its just trash.

The DL also needs talent but i cant believe some of the decisions being made, just awful coaching and preparation.

All in all, this defense is no world beater but its not completely trash also. I feel like they are not being put in a great situation either by the coaching staff. Im not gonna pretend i know more than they do becauce thats clearly not the case but i would like to see some more aggressive playcalling. You dont have to play like Seattle, but you could at least try to make some plays out there. The lack of turnovers is what bothers me the most and i cant believe that playing this conservative is helping in any way.

Wonder what Dmac would like in a scheme that allows him more freedom. I honestly just think the coaches want him deep sitting back and not taking any real risks.

When you pay someone 10 mil a year you expect him to be a game changer, **** I rather have a rookie back there and pay 1/5th of what he makes and we would still be fine.

I agree i don't mind the whole not paying them top 3-5 money at their position but i would of rather kept them both and just let them leave in the off season, Tom Brady is 39 years old, time is running out.

I just don't understand the rush to ship guys out of time for very little more than you could of got anyway by letting them walk in after the season.

Its pretty easy to understand. The system has produced the most dominant run in NFL history. Dont mess with the system.

As bad as the play has been, I think the schemes are equally as bad.

How many years have we been asking if this can be fixed?! It's going to look like this for the rest of BBs time.

It's Brady or bust. End of story. The defense sucks and always will
Yes!! When you drop 8 and can't stop anyone perhaps it's time to rethink that scheme??.

I don't know how anyone can look at the 2015 defense and still make excuses for this one. That defense hit the QB or at least moved him off his spot, flew to the ball, and got off the field in a timely manner. This defense has yet to do that.

One thing Belichick can do is stop overruling his scouts and taking stiffs like Easley, Dowling, Maroney, etc.

That's the only way. On 3rd and medium, man up. This defense we saw tonight was amateurish.
This defense can't seem to create a turnover to save its life. 100% agree about playing more aggressive earlier in possessions. Sure - tighten up towards the Red Zone, but why are we sitting back when they have it on their own 30? We gave up 30-40 yard plays today due to no pash rush.

This defense can't seem to create a turnover to save its life. 100% agree about playing more aggressive earlier in possessions. Sure - tighten up towards the Red Zone, but why are we sitting back when they have it on their own 30? We gave up 30-40 yard plays today due to no pash rush.
Those sequences when the team gets a 2nd and long inside the opponent's 20 and then plays soft-assed defense is frustrating as hell. Just think of the first Flowers sack. 2nd and 17 at the Seattle 14 and then they play soft and give up an easy 14 yards. :rolleyes:

This place is turning into an episode of Felger and Mazz.

Everyone thinks they know everything better than BB & co despite only being exposed to the team during matchdays, not knowing what happens everyday in practice. The reaction to a loss against the Seahawks makes you think we got raped KC-style or are barely at 0.5.

The ****ing team is 7-2, has a playoff ticket essentially booked and is about to go into 3 preseason games in the middle of November.

Sometimes I wonder how many of you actually want to see them fail just to be able to ***** about the coaching staff.

After sleeping on it, I really want to know why BB benched Rowe. Im sure the two PI calls had something to do with it but there is no way in hell he is worse than Logan Ryan or Justin Coleman in coverage. My god.

After sleeping on it, I really want to know why BB benched Rowe. Im sure the two PI calls had something to do with it but there is no way in hell he is worse than Logan Ryan or Justin Coleman in coverage. My god.
Perhaps he thought that matchup-wise Coleman and Ryan were a better fit for Seattle's receivers. Didn't matter much though since other than Butler (who had a rough day himself) the other CBs couldn't cover anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe