PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do you think the Pats would've performed against Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our quick twitch wrs?? Who where?? They couldnt get open vs. Denver's defense and secondary. They were dominated. How do they do better against Seattle or SF?? Brady scrambled for a td and handed off for the two pointer cuz He didn't trust ANY of our wrs. Not Edelman OR anybody to beat coverage and catch the ball.hat has never happened. How can people around here suggest basically return same team and think SUPER bowl?? As in bringing back and not cut subpar talent like Gregory,Conolly,wendall,sopoaga. And even ninko,edelman, spikes, Blount. The only guy we truly NEED is Talib! I like Edelman but we already pay a slot good $$. How could anybody want to put wendall or Connolly out there to protect brady against Seattle or sf and expect to do better.... We already overpayed a slot, WE cant do it again or prevents us from getting a true #1. If we pay edelman, then we dont get a true #1. We get some other version of mike jenkins or McDonald jones!! We have no more time for hopefuls. BRADY isn't getting any younger. We need a true #1 like the blackmon trade and a powerful center. Cannon i beleive can be a carl nicks caliber guard, He needs offseason conditioning and strength program very rigorous on nutrition as well to get back to college size and power with better conditioning. Before he had to build his body back to his college self i felt he was Carl nicks caliber. A 355lb financing bear with functional power to benchpress 500lbs with minimal weightroom work. He needs power conditioning,flexibility, nutrition programs to be elite. Actually our whole oline should adopt such a program to improve. Especially the aging mankins to temporarily reverse his decline. Then we can add a dominant center. OurO oline is then set to handle any defense. Not to mention a rigorous conditioning program minimizes injuries and extends game endurance. After acquiring Blackmon or another true #1 we could work on defense cuts to create capspace. We could coax tony Gonzalez from retirement to be our #2te and coach Blackmon gronk amendola Dobson on science of pass catching conditioning to reduce injuries and help keep blackmon focused, but noway does he come here and postpone retirement to win z ring with what we put out on field now. with ewok slots as a #1 and undeveloped unproven rookies featuring wendall or Connolly progecting Brady against the likes of seattle or sf

Made one minor correction for you. Look at what this team did without them IMO there is no question as to what we would have done with them.

You nailed it sign.

People forget that absent stupid, unforced errors in 2012......the offense puts up 40 and blows the 'hawks out.

The other point is if people had actually watched the November Broncos game game............someone might have actually noticed that Denver did not fair materially better.

We had a 13 pt lead on their home turf and held them to 10 pts prior to the Tavon Wilson (then rookie) gaffe where all he had to do was play back. It put him in the doghouse for quite awhile...actually, one could debate that he's never truly gotten out and only played the remainder of the snaps last season due to a lack of other options.

We were about to kick a chip shot FG before the half, but Brady didn't realize time was running down. That was the difference between scoring 26 and 23 on them up in Seattle, and that one point made the difference as our rookie blew the 13 pt lead with about 5 min left in the game.

Of course that was with a better group of receivers too, so I agree with your overall point with the exception that I do believe Belichick and Brady would have been much better prepared for the big game yesterday. Until we improve on our receivers and can rush the ball effectively vs a team like that (which is almost impossible, but 2 teams ran for 200+ on SEA just this year), I would think they'd have won by double digits for sure--10/13/14 points.

You nailed it fly.

I was at the game.

It should have never been close.

Thats dancing bear. Damn phone changes words thinks it's fixing them

How do you guys think the Cardinals or Bucs would do?

Patience works against the Seahawks. I would not have attempted a pass against them in the 1st quarter......they don't have a single guy in their back 7 as big as Blount.

That play was bull****. Brady threw it out of the back of the endzone and for some bizarre reason they called intentional grounding when that is NEVER called in that situation. They need to do some serious re-writing of the rules for intentional grounding. How can you determine the intent of a guy? Like when a QB is overthrowing the ball(Super Bowl 46) or just throwing the ball to nowhere land.

The referee in Seattle that day was our buddy Clete Blakeman.

Like everyone else, I don't know.

The best answer I can give is that their big game experience, two weeks of BB preparation and a QB who wasn't going to choke under the pressure would have resulted in a more competitive game.

Belichick would have recognized that they would be playing a version of themselves in SB XXXVI: hungry/under-appreciated team (how many mediots this season bloviated on how "suspect" the Seahawks were outside of their home stadium?), excellent defense, respectable running game, a poised second-year QB who understood his limitations and, of course, great coaching. So I think they would have come out hitting harder than Denver from the beginning. John Fox clearly did not have his team ready to play and I doubt that that reality was lost on Elway.

The exact outcome would have depended on how things went at the beginning (the Pats are no strangers to Safeties on the first drive of an SB, unfortunately). If they'd been able to get a big play or two early on and take any lead at all, I think things might have gone their way. But then I remember the pressure that Denver was able to get on Brady and his overthrowing or not having time to check down to open receivers in the AFCCG along with the fact that the running game just couldn't get un-tracked against the Broncos and I am not so sure.

In general, then, I'm hard-pressed to argue with a high degree of confidence that a Pats team without Mayo, Wilfork, Talib, Gronkowski and Hernandez (just to mention a few) would have been able to defeat the Seattle team that showed up on Sunday.

Best guess? A one or two score loss, settled in the fourth quarter and a lot more respectable. The Seahawks might have ended up on top, but they would have known they had been in a football game.

Even beat up as they are they would have played better than the Broncs. If nothing else BB would have had them ready and prepared, Fox didn't.

Our quick twitch wrs?? Who where?? They couldnt get open vs. Denver's defense and secondary. They were dominated. How do they do better against Seattle or SF?? Brady scrambled for a td and handed off for the two pointer cuz He didn't trust ANY of our wrs. Not Edelman OR anybody to beat coverage and catch the ball.hat has never happened. How can people around here suggest basically return same team and think SUPER bowl?? As in bringing back and not cut subpar talent like Gregory,Conolly,wendall,sopoaga. And even ninko,edelman, spikes, Blount. The only guy we truly NEED is Talib! I like Edelman but we already pay a slot good $$. How could anybody want to put wendall or Connolly out there to protect brady against Seattle or sf and expect to do better.... We already overpayed a slot, WE cant do it again or prevents us from getting a true #1. If we pay edelman, then we dont get a true #1. We get some other version of mike jenkins or McDonald jones!! We have no more time for hopefuls. BRADY isn't getting any younger. We need a true #1 like the blackmon trade and a powerful center. Cannon i beleive can be a carl nicks caliber guard, He needs offseason conditioning and strength program very rigorous on nutrition as well to get back to college size and power with better conditioning. Before he had to build his body back to his college self i felt he was Carl nicks caliber. A 355lb financing bear with functional power to benchpress 500lbs with minimal weightroom work. He needs power conditioning,flexibility, nutrition programs to be elite. Actually our whole oline should adopt such a program to improve. Especially the aging mankins to temporarily reverse his decline. Then we can add a dominant center. OurO oline is then set to handle any defense. Not to mention a rigorous conditioning program minimizes injuries and extends game endurance. After acquiring Blackmon or another true #1 we could work on defense cuts to create capspace. We could coax tony Gonzalez from retirement to be our #2te and coach Blackmon gronk amendola Dobson on science of pass catching conditioning to reduce injuries and help keep blackmon focused, but noway does he come here and postpone retirement to win z ring with what we put out on field now. with ewok slots as a #1 and undeveloped unproven rookies featuring wendall or Connolly progecting Brady against the likes of seattle or sf

Cannon has been on the team for years, he's had ample opportunity to transform himself to a physical beast and he's still a JAG. I don't think we'll see anything different from him, he's a JAG who could only get his way onto the starting lineup after a better player was injured.

That said, I'm all about trading Amendola to Jacksonville in exchange for Blackmon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes