PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hypotheical question Re Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love The Drake

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
If Patricia rightfully lands a head coaching job, are you comfortable with Flores or Boyer?
Or could the unthinkable happen with BB and Rex Ryan joining forces?
Imagine BB's wisdom and teaching with Ryans Passion and fire.
Now before you say impossible consider this
Rex Ryan greatly respects BB has been caught spending time with him via last years scouting combine.
BB has had his brother Rob on the coaching staff and respects the history of the game and im sure greatly respects what Buddy brought to the game.
If anything press conferences and media outlets would go nuts.

Thoughts?

Please make it stop

My son has been doing this stuff to me lately.

"Dad! If (insert crazy scenario) happened and then ( insert crazy result) happened ....wouldn't that be funny?"

I'm just kidding btw:

I don't think Patricia is going anywhere and if he did I'm not sure a burnt out lack of discipline Rex is the kind of guy BB is looking for.

It would be crazy if it happened though.

If you look back over Rex Ryan's career, you'll find that the only good defenses he ever presided over were defenses he inherited. He has never successfully built up a defense; rather, he's driven them into the ground. The Jets' defensive ranking plummeted each year he was there. The Bills had the league's #4 scoring defense the year before he took over; they've been in the bottom half of the league since.

IOW, personality aside I think Rex is vastly overrated as a defensive "genius."

If you look back over Rex Ryan's career, you'll find that the only good defenses he ever presided over were defenses he inherited. He has never successfully built up a defense; rather, he's driven them into the ground. The Jets' defensive ranking plummeted each year he was there. The Bills had the league's #4 scoring defense the year before he took over; they've been in the bottom half of the league since.

IOW, personality aside I think Rex is vastly overrated as a defensive "genius."

winner winner winner winner winner winner winner winner winner

Despite what the media portrays, I think Bill and Rex have a cordial relationship. Even Rob spent some time as LB coach here in the early days. Bill went out of his way to show respect and well-wishes to the Ryan family when Buddy passed in the summer.

In the past, Bill has shown a willingness to bring in big dogs like Dom Capers but only as consultant-type.

With that said, I think they could actually coexist but I think Bill would rather promote from within and I don't think Rex wants to play 2nd fiddle to BB even though that is what his career needs which is a rehab.

I think it's more likely that Rex is employed by ESPN than by an NFL team next season. He's more knowledgeable and more entertaining than a lot of these former players that somehow have analyst jobs, and I'm not sure he's the kind of coach that can step down into a long term DC role after 8 years as a head coach.

Condition of employment: kissing Bill's rings.

Please make it stop
Just a comment in general along these lines. Why can't we just enjoy this season? Or even this game tonight? I can't even get my head together enough to think about tomorrow, let alone what is going to happen in the offseason. I know I should just ignore the thread if I don't want to contribute, but sheesh...

Just a comment in general along these lines. Why can't we just enjoy this season? Or even this game tonight? I can't even get my head together enough to think about tomorrow, let alone what is going to happen in the offseason. I know I should just ignore the thread if I don't want to contribute, but sheesh...
On top of that questioning whether we will turn our defense over to a proven loser who is the antithesis of everything our GOAT coach is all
about.

The ticket collector at the HOF in Canton also respects the history of the game. Lets hire him too

If mcdaniels leaves too, we could have the super tandem of rex as defensive coordinator, and jeff fisher as offensive coordinator. /drool

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes