PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I didn't think this team had it in them

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Sure everything looked great early in the season...

But as time wore on it became clear that, save for their very hot start, the Red Sox were not playing like the best team in baseball

Putting one's status as a fan aside, in August and September it was very much looking like the Yankees were the better team, peaking at just the right time.

Indeed, although the sweep of the Angels certainly helped boost some confidence, I wasn't the least bit surprised to see them down 1-3 against the Indians.

But then Shilling and Ortiz apparently called a team meeting when the team was on the brink of elimination - and that turned everything around.

So I give them all a ton of credit for how they toughened up and fought back against the Tribe, eventually winning the World Series.

They were the best team in baseball when it counted the most - and no one can ever take that away from them.

Sure everything looked great early in the season...

But as time wore on it became clear that, save for their very hot start, the Red Sox were not playing like the best team in baseball

Putting one's status as a fan aside, in August and September it was very much looking like the Yankees were the better team, peaking at just the right time.

Indeed, although the sweep of the Angels certainly helped boost some confidence, I wasn't the least bit surprised to see them down 1-3 against the Indians.

But then Shilling and Ortiz apparently called a team meeting when the team was on the brink of elimination - and that turned everything around.

So I give them all a ton of credit for how they toughened up and fought back against the Tribe, eventually winning the World Series.

They were the best team in baseball when it counted the most - and no one can ever take that away from them.
im with you.i didnt think they had it in them either.i think the entire year turned around sept 1st with the triple A call ups .they breathed life into that team when they really needed it.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back