Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

You need to win one game, who do you go with?

• 2008 Cassel-lead Patriots

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • 2009 Brady-lead Patriots

Votes: 15 83.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. The 08 team was really good despite missing Brady. The 09 team was pretty damn bad despite having him. Clone these guys and put them on a neutral playing site and the 08 team wins by 20.
That 2008 defense was probably the worst in the Belichick era aside from maybe 2002. Horrific pass defense.

That 2008 defense was probably the worst in the Belichick era aside from maybe 2002. Horrific pass defense.

2011, 2012?

Manning HGH turned to Brady v Manning turned to 2008 Brady-less Pats vs 2011 Manning-less Colts. And I like to hear from people who don't pretty much agree with everything I say. I have to actually argue in favor of the Patriots there. Here I'm just preachin to the choir
That 2011 Colts team was destined to be no more than a 4-5 win team at the very most, even with Manning.

The cupboard was bare.

Their team sanked and tanked. The Patriots on the other hand still had major pieces from an 18-win team.

The concept that the 2011 Colts vs the 2008 Patriots is a valid comparison of Manning versus Brady is ludicrous, based on the other 52 players.

These were not the results I expected haha. Although after further rethinking I could be swayed for the 2009 team. That their last game was a miserable playoff rout maybe has clouded my judgment

That 2011 Colts team was destined to be no more than a 4-5 win team at the very most, even with Manning.

The cupboard was bare.

Their team sanked and tanked. The Patriots on the other hand still had major pieces from an 18-win team.

The concept that the 2011 Colts vs the 2008 Patriots is a valid comparison of Manning versus Brady is ludicrous, based on the other 52 players.
Oh I totally agree. It's really not a fair comparison, a fair comparison would be the performance of the 2005 Colts had they gone Manning less for the year. Only a year removed from his best season in Indy. Comparing 2011 Indy when the Colts were clearly in decline to prime hot **** 2007 and beyond New England is way off base

I remember the 2009 defense failing us far too many times in the fourth quarter of an away game to put trust into the 2009 team as a whole

That saints game. Just brutal. We were powerless. I think it was worse than the 2014 chiefs game in terms of just being exposed that even on our best day that season, we didn't belong in the same zip code.

I like the sentiment but I might take Ryan Tannehill and the Crimson Tide over Tom Brady leading the Point of View Elementary School Panthers. There's definitely a limit

The poll is between two Pats teams and I was talking about pro teams, but you do bring up an interesting point. Exactly how bad of a team could Brady overcome?

In the pros he'd be the difference on every team but still might have trouble with some teams. Could he take the Jets to victory in one game for it all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back