PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you were Bill, the first 3 things you would do this offseason are...?

1. Remove myself as GM and hire someone else.
2. Have that person draft a QB, TE, WR , Linebackers, O-line and D-line players
3. Help Newton and Stidham pack their bags.
Got to agree, over the years there have been reports that BB becomes enamoured with a player and over rules his own scouting staff during the day of the draft.

This is the only post that matters.
Bill has always been a horrible GM. Brady covered it.
19 straight winning seasons
13 conference championship games
9 Super Bowls
6 Championships

And Bill has always been a horrible GM? That is some seriously crazy stuff right there.

(1) take some extra time on the boat with loved ones

(2) get a few extra weeks to work on the draft / FA

(3) do what I’ve done for over 4 decades : help an NFL franchise win games

9 Super Bowls
6 Championships

And Bill has always been a horrible GM? That is some seriously crazy stuff right there.
They don’t get it. BB is the greatest GM in the history of the League. I keep asking people to name 5 better GMs, so that we can check out their record and how they’ve fared. I’d be happy to compare and contrast. Crickets.

O-line? Cam has all day back there. Our O-line is somehow performing the best of any OL in football with an offense that you don't even need to gameplan for. It's astonishing.
Agree. The O-line is mostly giving up pressure because the defenses are not worried about our passing game and can bring extra rushers.

get a QB
get receiving threats
get a front 7 on D

this team has A LOT of holes, multi-year rebuild is necessary

Could not agree more. Maybe beside running backs the offense needs a complete overhaul. The run defense as well. With the way BB drafts it could be years because at this point BB is lucky to hit on one guy in the draft per season.

Not mentioned yet, but I think they will also need to figure out a way to keep JC Jackson. I know he will be a restricted FA. I am not sure the 1st rd tender will be enough to keep him. I think someone will try to sign him and give up the first. I think Gilmore will be gone and it will be tough to replace both corners.

1. Let Caserio ride off into the sunset and replace him with a new voice in the war room.

2. Settle both the QB and NT (a true NT) positions via the draft.

3. Use the cap space to fix the WR position and TE position.
Kontra, been going back and forth trying to decide which I think is more of a need( they both are) a DT or edge rusher/DE.....you think DT is easier to fill via the draft? Usually the passing rushers go top 7. I'd like to get someone like Watt from Pitt who can get pressure on the qb...

9 Super Bowls
6 Championships

Brady covered up for a ton of mistakes over the years. No question BB has more good than bad over the last 20 years (Except WR which he has a horrendous track record) but he has been absolutely terrible the past 5 years and is the reason why this team is where it is. At some point he either needs to stop being the GM or bring in better scouts to help him.

That's going to be a lot of cap space. Not a lot of veterans are going to want to come in and work with a rookie QB or a retread.
Free agents consistently sign with teams that are not super bowl contenders. Every year.

Got to agree, over the years there have been reports that BB becomes enamoured with a player and over rules his own scouting staff during the day of the draft.
Imagine if he had listened, we might have won a Sb or 2

Per thread title, if you were BB, what are your top 3 priorities for this offseason?
1. Trade up in draft to acquire Trey Lance, unless for whatever reason we really don’t like him (better be right if that’s the case).

2. Deal with current players. Part ways with the COVID returning guys unless they will restructure. Perhaps send Gilmore off and give JC Jackson an extension.

3. Use that cap space on receiver and tight end. These areas have plagued us for two years. Also shore up the front seven on defense with some veteran signings. Use most of our draft capital on finding that QB and bolstering our offense with young players.

Our defensive holes can be filled largely in free agency. Offense is going to require more work.

1. Let Caserio ride off into the sunset and replace him with a new voice in the war room.

2. Settle both the QB and NT (a true NT) positions via the draft.

3. Use the cap space to fix the WR position and TE position.
Yes this. A very positive sign will be if he Cesario leaves and Bill hires a new experienced GM from outside the organization with player evaluation skills.

1) Play with the dog. (Pick up FAs on defense)
2) Go to Nantucket. (Draft a QB or TE and/or defense)
3) Do stuff involving things that rhyme with Nantucket - preferably not with Nike the dog. (Find diamonds in the rough like 3rd Rnd WR Tyler Lockett)

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back