PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm torn......help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Root against division foes until the division title is wrapped up

THEN you look to positioning for the bye, especially since, in this case, the Patriots have the tiebreaker against the Chargers. To help ease your mind about Cheering for the Chargers, remember that they still have to play

Packers
Ravens
Bears
Bills
Lions
Raiders *2

and those teams are all teams with legitimate shots to beat the Chargers. For that matter, the Chiefs kept it within 3, in San Diego, while they were still reeling for their personnel losses in weeks 1&2, and they've probably got at least a shot against the Chargers as well.

That does make me feel better. Obviously want the Jets to loose this weekend, but I also enjoy Phillip Rivers' tantrums. It's like Manning-face, but way more immature.

Ken, don't waste any brainpower on this decision -- this one isn't about logic. When the games comes on the tv, you WILL find yourself rooting against the Jets with every fiber of your being, no matter what rational decision you reached beforehand. Just roll with it. :)

yes, it cant be helped for true Pats fans like most of us here - must see Jets lose!

Ken, I may be about the only one who shares your indecisiveness on this. If the Jets are as bad as we hope, we'll think back on this game later and wish they'd handed the Chargers a flukey loss in Week 7.

I think the Jets are a 10-6 or 11-5 team and the Pats are a 13-3 team, so there might be room for a Jets win, but who knows?

Everything centers around sarcastic putdowns and loudmouthed screeds of disrespect towards the opponent by these dysfunctional rats...how long will this behaviour be permitted before opponents start cracking back with dirty hits and cheap shots on these loudmouths???They are BEGGING for it...

back102211.jpg

In what universe is it deemed acceptable to pull for the Jets? I'd rather not.

Who does one root for tomorrow when the Jets host the Chargers.

Of course every fiber of my being desperately wants to see the Charger CRUSH the Jets in front of the rotten vermin who follow them (and I mean that in the most respectful way) The humiliation of Rex in front the hometown crowd AND media, would just be too sweet.

HOWEVER - It looks like we are going to be battling the Chargers and Ravens all the way to the end of the season for just TWO playoff byes. In THAT respect a conference loss wouldn't hurt our cause. Aren't the Chargers REALLY more of a threat than the Jets, and wouldn't it be much better to play them HERE in January.

Help me out here guys. What are my priorities.... OR just I just go for a long walk at 1pm. ;)
I cannot believe i'm hearing this from you. As a Pats fan its your DUTY to root against the Rats, our Sworn enemy. You/we can worry about the Dolts and the Ravens when the time comes if it comes.

You need to take this oath...I________ as a Pats fan want to see the jests crushed and see them driven before us, and all others And hear the Lamentations of their dysfunction scumbag fans. :)

Last edited:
Gotta root for the Chargers tomorrow. It's the Jets. I could barely stomach rooting for them in 2008 when we needed them to win so that the Pats could make the playoffs.

I've been a loyal Patriots fan since the very beginning through the good, decent, fair, putrid,
decent, good, fair, very good, more than putrid, decent, fair to very good, and lastly, these tremendous Belichick/Brady years. I dearly love the Boston/New England Patriots and their history. Almost as much as I am fond of the Patriots, I HATE the JTSE, and since Parcells left the Pats for the rats, my hatred for them has increased with each passing season. Never, ever, root for the JEST - it's unPatriotic.

Last edited:
I've been a loyal Patriots fan since the very beginning through the good, decent, fair, putrid,
decent, good, fair, very good, more than putrid, decent, fair to very good, and lastly, these tremendous Belichick/Brady years. I dearly love the Boston/New England Patriots and their history. Almost as much as I am fond of the Patriots, I HATE the JTSE, and since Parcells left the Pats for the rats, my hatred for them has increased with each passing season. Never, ever, root for the JEST - it's unPatriotic.
Ive hated the jests since the seventies, and i can't remember how it started other than as a pats fan its the natural and correct thing to do. And i really Do hate them and their fans with a passion. Gunnails excluded of course. Its like the natural order of things...cats hate dogs, dogs hate cats, oil hates water etc.

Last edited:
I dont see a reason why a patriots fan should be 'torn' with this dilema, its very simple - never root for the jets unless your life depends on it.

I dont see a reason why a patriots fan should be 'torn' with this dilema, its very simple - never root for the jets unless your life depends on it.

And if you decide to join the mushy green side to preserve your life, think carefully about whether your life will be worth living.

Simple logic dictates that one should always root got the Jets to lose. Over, and over and over and over...

I imagine this point has been made half a dozen times or so, as I'm disinclined to read the thread, but to me it's a practical matter - the sooner the division gets sewn up the better. Until that happens seeding is irrelevant.

This week - go Chargers, next week - go Skins!

Last edited:
That Patriots are tied or up one in the loss column with seven AFC teams, with 10 games to go .

This requires a cold-blooded, sober, objective approach.

Baltimore and San Diego are the only teams that can equal the Patriots' record at 5-1. The best outcome today would be a Jets win over the Chargers and a Jags win over the Ravens on Monday night. That would ensure at least a one-game lead in the loss column over every team contending for the AFC playoffs and home field.

Following that we want Oakland to lose to KC, Pittsburgh to lose to AZ and Tennessee to lose to Houston putting them back two games in the loss column.

Be strong and follow the path that logic dictates.

Last edited:
The best outcome today would be a Jets win over the Chargers.

Logic did nothing for the way things played out last year; I don't want the Jets even SNIFFING wildcard :mad: Let the Pats choke against someone else, if choke they do.

Last edited:
You root for the Chargers and it's not even close. This should be every Patriots fan's order of hatred:

1. Jets
2. Colts
3. Steelers
4. Chargers
5. Ravens
6. Miami
7. Bills

I have to throw the Cowboys in there somewhere even though they are an NFC team. Mostly because of their fans. They are the Yankees fans of the NFL.

Logic did nothing for the way things played out last year; I don't want the Jets even SNIFFING wildcard :mad: Let the Pats choke against someone else, if choke they do.

:D 10 char

Attachments

• yoda.jpg
    yoda.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 53
:rocker: What she said!
Ken, don't waste any brainpower on this decision -- this one isn't about logic. When the games comes on the tv, you WILL find yourself rooting against the Jets with every fiber of your being, no matter what rational decision you reached beforehand. Just roll with it. :)

**** on THAT.

**** all OVER that.

There is NO team that I want in the AFC PlayOffs MORE than the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!!

...And the Giants in the Super Bowl, thank you VERY much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST