PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is the Patriot Way even the best way anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter712

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I feel like it is doing more harm than good at this point.

Thoughts?

This should be good.
19dvkgyb3zkd5gif.gif

If the Patriot Way is the same as the Belichick Way, then no, it's not the best way, by a long shot.

You tell me. Patriot way is doing everything by bills book. Do your job and complex schemes overcoming any speed or talent deficiency. I been saying for a while the patriots need to modernize a little. Fast LBs, big and or speedy WRs.

Think about this. Our draft picks under parcells was about talent and upside,then coach up discipline. Remember draft picks like Chris Slade,terry Glenn( par cells wanted Harrison) bruschi,Seymour, law,milloy,tebucky,and big OLineman. The game has become bigger and faster. McGinnest was 6'5 250 running a 4.6. He was a freak,now its standard. Now you have to choose which guy 250 running 4.6 is the best player. Tim Wright 6'4 230 was a normal to very slightly undersized TE. Now that's a WR who better run 4.5 or be considered slow. Now 260 lb TEs running 4.5 or 4.6 is standard. QBs fast as WRs. Your LBs better be able to run those guys down. Outside of Collins who can on our defense. Hightower is not a bust, he is being misused. He is actually athletic for his size. He is framing huge. Did anybody see him next to Easley and KC guards. His frame is DT sized. He does everything he can to stay near 270. He is very strong, they need to allow him to mature to 290-300 and be a 3-4 end or penetrating DT. Then draft some lightning fast LBs like Lavonte David. Telvin Smith would have been a nice pick.

Thompkins and Dobson aren't developing as soon as hoped. They have lots of speed and talent. Its why my opinion they should have traded for an established WR. Tom should not have to develop Raw WRs at this stage. Dez Bryant or Thomas should have been the pick to be coached up and fill the shoes of Moss

Closing this as it's not going to lead to a productive discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST