PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jack Jones News Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cant possibly imagine what evidence there is that exonerates Jack Jones...even if he can prove the guns werent his/didnt mean to bring them in does that even count for anything?

Lets say they were a "friends guns" - why is he hanging around that crowd he's a professional athlete.

I wonder if they were dusted upon confiscation for his friend's fingerprints...

The alleged guns were both loaded Glock 9mm pistols, a Glock 43X and Glock 19, according to prosecutors. Seized alongside them were three loaded magazines: a 30-round, a 15-round and 10-round, as well as total of 54 rounds of 9mm ammunition. The guns were allegedly inside an unlocked black Glock handgun box that was itself inside a black duffel bag labeled with the words “UFC” and “Jones, Jack” and in addition to the weapons contained “multiple pairs of white socks and other articles of … men’s clothing.”

The MSP trooper was directed toward a black duffel bag in Terminal B’s security checkpoint’s seventh lane that TSA personnel had identified as containing weapons, according to the police report. The trooper asked Jones if he carried a license for these weapons and Jones allegedly “respectfully declined to speak without an attorney present.”
Seems like based on this, he could conceivably say they're someone else's guns that got put in his bag without his knowledge. Though I'd have to guess they probably have his prints on them, and his prints are certainly in the system after his prior arrest years ago.

The alleged guns were both loaded Glock 9mm pistols, a Glock 43X and Glock 19, according to prosecutors. Seized alongside them were three loaded magazines: a 30-round, a 15-round and 10-round, as well as total of 54 rounds of 9mm ammunition. The guns were allegedly inside an unlocked black Glock handgun box that was itself inside a black duffel bag labeled with the words “UFC” and “Jones, Jack” and in addition to the weapons contained “multiple pairs of white socks and other articles of … men’s clothing.”

The MSP trooper was directed toward a black duffel bag in Terminal B’s security checkpoint’s seventh lane that TSA personnel had identified as containing weapons, according to the police report. The trooper asked Jones if he carried a license for these weapons and Jones allegedly “respectfully declined to speak without an attorney present.”

So were they in his carry-on or his checked-in bag?

I wonder if they were dusted upon confiscation for his friend's fingerprints...
No idea if there is even a "Friend"

My guess, he put them in the wrong bag. You are allowed to transport firearms in a checked baggage but I believe it all needs to be declared and it must unloaded. Not sure if ammunition is allowed, however?

The legal strategy is to delay, continue and drag your feet so this goes to trial after this season because Jones is going to jail.

Are large capacity magazines legal in Massachusetts?

Magazine Capacity Restriction? Illegal to possess magazines of over 10 rounds capacity. Pre-ban magazines manufactured before September 13, 1994 are exempt from this restriction.

Jones has to prove that his 30 round magazine was made in 1994. That almost 30 years old.

The legal strategy is to delay, continue and drag your feet so this goes to trial after this season because Jones is going to jail.

Magazine Capacity Restriction? Illegal to possess magazines of over 10 rounds capacity. Pre-ban magazines manufactured before September 13, 1994 are exempt from this restriction.

Jones has to prove that his 30 round magazine was made in 1994. That almost 30 years old.

Might it not be more like the court has to prove that the clip was made after '94...?

Might it not be more like the court has to prove that the clip was made after '94...?
Prosecution would have to prove. Court is the judge, he doesn’t take sides so he shouldn’t be doing the prosecutor’ job.

Maybe it is just my expectations, but it seems to me that the trolls want him cut or jailed and the homers hope he'll get off and stay with the team...
Kinda red states and blue states eh?

How long of a suspension do you think the league gives him??
None until the verdict is in on the charges in court. then we’ll see how serious it really is.

I'm more okay with Bryant making the team than most, so that doesn't bother me. I'd rather he has a smaller role than he did last year, and this certainly wouldn't help that, but I think ~30% usage (he was 65 last year) only covering certain slot receivers and playing some safety in a two-high look (where his speed isn't as much of an issue) is fine.

I think the rookie you're thinking of is Isaiah Bolden. Seems to have a good combo of size and speed if I'm remembering correctly, but as a 7th rounder it's hard to get too excited about him yet. One to watch in camp, even if he starts on the PS. The other rookie CB is Ameer Speed, but he's almost certainly a ST only player in 2023 (that's all he did in college).
Thank you! I knew I could depend on you a good informative poster to provide that information. Well yes in spots I can take myles Bryant.. not in expanding roles as he was last season due to need more than anything.

I hope Bolden and speed can be a factor and curve out a role becuase obviously there is a huge void opposite gonzo at outside corner back.. what do you think of speed possibly filling that role if he has a good camp? I really like the gonzo, Marcus, Jon as the starters.. as long as we have a guy that can shadow teams #1s then then we'd be pretty solid in the secondary..

This is an update from Mike Reiss regarding the charges:

"Two of the counts against Jones carry mandatory minimum prison sentences of 2½ years if he is indicted and later convicted. Two other counts carry mandatory minimum sentences of 18 months if he is indicted and later convicted."

On the brighter side, the attorney appears extremely well-qualified and aggressive.

How do we know he is going to jail if he pleads guilty to lesser charges as part of a plea deal?

So, the "dog ate my homework" defense?

I, like Deion Sanders, am very high on Isaiah Bolden...this could be the early career break he needs to shine. Hit the road ,Jack...

edit: just watched Jones lawyer claim that Jones is a victim of racism...here we go...

Last edited:
Glad to see Jones' lawyer playing the race card...

Scapicchio also addressed the coverage of Jones’ arrest.

“It’s the social media, and the media, who have turned him into a thug, who have labeled him a thug, with no evidence whatsoever. Because he’s a young Black man, all of a sudden, he’s a thug. That’s what happened here,” she said, before adding “That label that was attached to him through social media almost got him fired, and it was completely unfounded.”

How do we know he is going to jail if he pleads guilty to lesser charges as part of a plea deal?
Then every person caught with banned mags would do the same to avoid jail.

Seems like a weak law to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore