PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James Harrison officially signs with Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote from Steelers Fan on Forum:

“Any other dude his age, I would believe would be finished as a player.

Not Harrison.

He looked excellent vs. the Chiefs and made the biggest play of the game.

I wouldn't be AT ALL surprised to see Harrison out there on the field making plays.“

The word "everyone" is being used for comic effect, not literally. A bunch of people in that thread adamantly aid it's foolish to even consider this.

The fact I have to explain this is troublesome.

"A bunch of people" can be found for almost any remotely debatable position in any given thread. That doesn't mean that "everyone" is taking that position.

The fact I have to explain this is troublesome.

He is old but I think he can still make plays. Hopefully this is not a sign of the team is pessimistic that KVN wont be ready to return this year.

Just from the first page of the other James Harrison thread

When did this happen and can we get him?

Plus he would know all of Pitt's playbook...makes sense!

I'd be all over this. Any semblance of any kind of pass rush ( Harrison) is better than nothing.

Harrison can set the edge, which has been an Achilles heel all year, and get to the passer. He cannot help defend passes. I would sign him Monday and release Grissom (inactive vs. Steelers) and his 1 tackle.

Quote from Steelers Fan on Forum:

“Any other dude his age, I would believe would be finished as a player.

Not Harrison.

He looked excellent vs. the Chiefs and made the biggest play of the game.

I wouldn't be AT ALL surprised to see Harrison out there on the field making plays.“
Why did he stop playing there? Just too many good players ahead of him?

Why did he stop playing there? Just too many good players ahead of him?
TJ watt...they won't take him off the field. An absolute cult hero in pittsburgh

He's going to be a malcontent. If Chris Long was willing to leave because of a lack of playing time, Harrison sure as hell won't be happy with his snap count.

This should be very interesting, even if he is on the field for 25 % of the defensive snaps, it is better than Richards. The last couple of games the run d has scared me. Every team making the playoffs have a huge running threat

lf.jpg

Watt developed more quickly than expected and is vastly better at dropping into coverage than JH. Harrison's been inactive most games as a result.

Harrison probably still has value as a spot pass rusher imo. And he can still set the edge as a run defender. Just don't play him too many snaps...and definitely get him isolated in coverage.

His greatest value imo would be that he's a vet with a high football iq, and should be able to transfer quite a bit of the play book over to BB.

Watt developed more quickly than expected and is vastly better at dropping into coverage than JH. Harrison's been inactive most games as a result.

Harrison probably still has value as a spot pass rusher imo. And he can still set the edge as a run defender. Just don't play him too many snaps...and definitely get him isolated in coverage.

His greatest value imo would be that he's a vet with a high football iq, and should be able to transfer quite a bit of the play book over to BB.

Agreed, and that's pretty much what the Pats need. They're dangerously thin at DE, so someone who can set the edge and rush the passer a little for maybe ~10-15 snaps per game has a lot of value here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick