PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James Harrison officially signs with Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did he stop playing there? Just too many good players ahead of him?
Pitt asks their olbs to drop a lot more these days and that's the one major weakness in Harrison's game. He still has incredible strength and some short are quickness, but ask him to run more than 10 yards and he starts to look like a 39 year old.

That same characteristic also makes him an obvious non option for ST. So he got caught up in a numbers game. It's not like Arthur moats is a demonstrably better pass rusher, but moats can play special teams.

Pitt asks their olbs to drop a lot more these days and that's the one major weakness in Harrison's game. He still has incredible strength and some short are quickness, but ask him to run more than 10 yards and he starts to look like a 39 year old.

That same characteristic also makes him an obvious non option for ST. So he got caught up in a numbers game. It's not like Arthur moats is a demonstrably better pass rusher, but moats can play special teams.
Hmm interesting, guess I'd be on board with it then. Hope you had a great holiday season by the way, friend! Looks like we may get Brady vs Steelers part IV.

Agreed, and that's pretty much what the Pats need. They're dangerously thin at DE, so someone who can set the edge and rush the passer a little for maybe ~10-15 snaps per game has a lot of value here.
And of course the pats more than any other team will find themselves in situations where they can sell out to rush the passer since they're up big late so often.

No negatives to signing him imo. If nothing else again you basically can get the play book from him; he's a smart football player and has been in the system for years.

lf.jpg

92 would mean that he would kick Grissom off the roster. :cool:

Can he set the edge? Can he stop the run? He could be a situational pass rusher as well.

Hmm interesting, guess I'd be on board with it then. Hope you had a great holiday season by the way, friend! Looks like we may get Brady vs Steelers part IV.
Yup happy holidays to you as well!

Asked santa for no injuries the rest of the way in the NFL ... hopefully he delivers!!

I'm surprised that either party would have interest. He's posted a lot of anti Patriots cheaters crap over the years especially after the Giant losses. If he strip sacked Roethlisberger to win the AFC and drive Steelers fans nuts I could forgive him......a little.

The only thing good that could come out of this is Harrison getting a game winning sack against the Steelers.

It writes it self.

Otherwise you shouldn't expect much more

Man, what did JH do to get cut from the Steelers 1 week before their own super bowl run? Hasn't he been an institution there for 15 years, helping win two rings. I'd think he be canonized at this point in his career to have the dignity of holding his roster spot.

It's not quite the same as cutting Tiquan Underwood.

I'm surprised that either party would have interest. He's posted a lot of anti Patriots cheaters crap over the years especially after the Giant losses. If he strip sacked Roethlisberger to win the AFC and drive Steelers fans nuts I could forgive him......a little.
Before he signed with Bengals, he mentioned New England as a preferred destination.

Revis used to trash the Pats too.... didn't stop him from signing with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick