PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh Gordon Stepping Away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol yes because if you don’t think this team is a rolling buzzsaw you want to quit on them.

Who's saying this team is a buzzsaw?

Happiest man right now is Hogans agent.
I hope he doesnt get paid here unless he steps up big and earns it.

Mitchell, Matthews, Britt, Decker, Gordon... He threw a bunch of crap at the wall and nothing stuck. Now the offense is a hostage to this position. Just add it to the pile of positions that fall under "help wanted".

I had read that Pats made 33 transactions at WR this off season.

Celebrating the opening of the Massachusetts weed stores, perhaps?

Hey, can't rule it out. A few months ago it occurred to me that weed was now recreationally legal in California, so I jumped on Google, found that there was a shop down the street, and went and bought some. Hadn't smoked in probably 10 years at that point, and was never much of a smoker even when I used to occasionally partake, but the novelty of it being legal was enough that I had to give it a try.

Of course, in my case my entire livelihood doesn't depend on not doing that. If it did, that would have informed my decision to say the least.

Kontra has flat out quit on the team? He said it himself.

lol no he didn't. He said he's watching--and supporting--with zero expectations because he doesn't think they're good enough to go far. Whining about your words being twisted while claiming that is pretty absurd hypocrisy.

lol no he didn't. He said he's watching--and supporting--with zero expectations because he doesn't think they're good enough to go far. Whining about your words being twisted while claiming that is pretty absurd hypocrisy.
I usually have more than zero expectations for things I have not quit on.

I said I'm not that worried about a problem because of x,y, and z and you twisted that into delusionally ignoring a problem.

Your initial response to me on the subject:

It's a passing league not that worried about the run D. Pretty sure that is kind of like how BBs Giants defensive gameplan is in the HoF despite Thurman Thomas deserving the MVP.

If not worrying about our worst run defense since 1973 because "it's a passing league" isn't be completely delusional, then I don't know what is.

I don't really want to get into some back and forth about the run game.

I wouldn't either. No offense, but you don't have the working knowledge of the game needed in order to have that conversation.

I just had to point out how rediculous it is that you have quit on the season and are calling those who haven't fair weather fans.When you are the one who is bandwagon jumping.

Someone that quits on the season doesn't watch the games. I haven't quit. I've just resigned myself to the fact that the team doesn't have enough talent on it and have too many gaping holes to be a legitimate Super Bowl contender. I will still watch the games, enjoy them for what they are worth, and hope to God I'm wrong. That's not quitting. That's just accepting the obvious.

You can't deal with this so you first jumped on the rush comment and now are name calling. Please go just go back to quitting on the team we don't need to get a thread locked over name calling.

I'm literally dominating anyone that has stepped up to the plate on this topic. Of course I can deal. You just decided to go personal in that post so I returned the favor. If you'd like to stick to the subject and have an actual debate, I'll respond in kind. If you want to go for some lame personal potshot, I'll level you in kind. I give back what I get.

Sad to see. I always root for guys like this to get their issues sorted out.

Gordon and Martavis lost for good from the NFL within a few weeks. Who knows what they might have accomplished with their God-given abilities, if they just had their heads on straight. Top-10 physical talents at the position.

Did I miss something? I'm responding to Kontra who has flat out quit on the team he said it himself.

Nope... that's just the way that you read into it. You're more than welcome to quote the post where I said I've quit on the team, though. Looking forward to it.

And dude, just as a bit of advice, you're looking really bad on this one. Just go ahead and bow out.

I’m sad things didn’t work out with the Pats because of his drug addiction problems. He showed glimpse of greatness and if he was on path he might have had a great season next year.

We lack a big target now other than Gronk.

I don’t know how Brady can be happy with the current WR core.
Other than Edelman the rest have been meh.
Damn I wish we held on to Amendola...

I think they do care about fans perceptions.

See the “Kneeling Anthem” outrage as an example.

I will agree they do like the control as well.

I think we can agree on both counts by looking at the anthem dispute as a fan perspective and the pot rules as a control issue.

People who maintain that the Patriots are playing the kind of football that a good team plays are being either dishonest or delusional in their assessment, aka not an honest observation of reality. I thought that was pretty clear.

If you want to claim that the Patriots are playing well and that flatly stating you're wrong makes me intolerant to different perspectives and perceptions then I guess you're entitled to do that, but I could claim the earth is flat and defend myself from objective truth on the exact same basis so what does that really amount to?

When it comes to evaluating the quality of a football team or player, there really isn't much "objective truth" to be had, especially not when the evaluation is only binary.

You say this is a bad team, or "not a good team", at least. That's a subjective opinion, and begs the question, "Compared to what?"

You justify your opinion by stating other opinions that you hold about the quality of recent drafts, the "talent" of the current players, etc. What, exactly, is "objective" about that?

FWIW .....
This Pats team has flaws (my opinion).
This Pats team has played very well at times and very poorly at times (my opinion).
Their play has been inconsistent, not only from game-to-game, but from quarter-to-quarter, and from series to series (my opinion)
There isn't team in the league right now that has no flaws (my opinion).
Superbowls have been won by teams with significant flaws (my opinion).

Can the Pats patch over enough of their flaws, even if only temporarily, to beat some of the other flawed teams who they'll end up facing in the playoffs? I honestly don't know, but I'm not willing to rule out the possibility because .... I don't know, because I can't know, I am not blessed with the prescience that so many others seem to take for granted.

You may state flatly that I'm "wrong", but it's still just your opinion, and no more/no less "objective" than mine.

Happiest man right now is Hogans agent.
I hope he doesnt get paid here unless he steps up big and earns it.

I think that ship has sailed, to the point that I don't think Gordon smoking himself out of the league will have any bearing at all on how the Pats value Hogan. They're not going to overpay for a WR3-at-best, no matter what else they do or don't have at the position. At least that's what I think/hope, based on what they've done in the past.

At most I could see them being more amenable to giving him a one-year deal to help set a baseline that whoever they bring in can hopefully surpass, but I doubt he'd accept a contract like that anyway so that's probably a moot point.

Smart move. They lose nothing by waiting. But, if this is a suspension looming because of drugs/alcohol, he's done. They'll be doing it sooner rather than later.

One of my consistent peeves has been the failure to use Dorsett enough after about week 5. While that should be changed at least a bit after this, it should never have declined to the point it has. I just hope that it's not too late for his reintegration to be a successful one.

Hate to say I told you so, but ... o_O

Yesterday, in reference to Gilmore's Pro Bowl selection, BB remarked on how basically everybody gets uniformly better their second season in a system. Kind of a moot point today, but my thoughts immediately turned to how different things could have been these last couple weeks had we instead paired Gordon with a 2nd-year Cooks.

The Pats didn't have the cap space to keep Cooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes