PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lady Felger: "Pats Secondary Was Better When Mangini Was Coaching Them"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanders is not the only veteran with this unit. Brandon Meriweather is in his fourth season in the NFL. He's played in over 50 games, starting the majority of them. There's not much more for him to learn.
Belichick considers a veteran someone in the 8 season range, Sanders is the closest in his sixth season. Meriweather is still green; as for how much more Meriweather has to learn, perhaps covering his receiver to prevent walk in touchdowns would be a start, if I read Coach's lips correctly.

Re: Lady Felger:"Pats Secondary Was Better When Mangini Was Coaching Them"

(PS - but do listen a week from Tuesday after the Pats beat Miami in Miami and note just how quickly her Patriot panties suddenly become UNbunched ;) )

Do you honestly believe that they have any chance at all in Miami?

Sure. Why not?

I sure as hell do. There is a good chance we lose but I see no reason why we can't pull out a win

If you are just going to give up on them the door is that way.

Yes I do. I not only think they have a chance but I believe they will win the game. Loving the fact that nobody thinks they have a shot against the '72 ......er 2010 Fins.
Yes we have issues on defense. You think the Fins have issues on defense?? Did that Fin secondary impress you against the Jets? Brady is going to have a field day against that secondary.
I think Tom Brady is getting tired of losing on the road. Think he's getting tired of not being able to close out games on the road.
Next Monday night is a statement game for the Patriots and Tom Brady.
3 -1 heading into their bye week having already played the Jets and Fins on the road.
Just watch!

Last edited:

Wait; someone here still listens to Felger?

This, why give that idiot any space on this forum. We should not discuss his views at all.

Yes I do. I not only think they have a chance but I believe they will win the game. Loving the fact that nobody thinks they have a shot against the '72 ......er 2010 Fins.
Yes we have issues on defense. You think the Fins have issues on defense?? Did that Fin secondary impress you against the Jets? Brady is going to have a field day against that secondary.
I think Tom Brady is getting tired of losing on the road. Think he's getting tired of not being able to close out games on the road.
Next Monday night is a statement game for the Patriots and Tom Brady.
3 -1 heading into their bye week having already played the Jets and Fins on the road.
Just watch!
If Ryan Fitzpatrick can shred the Pats secondary (at home!) throwing to Roscoe Parrish, Lee Evans, etc., what will Henne do to that putrid secondary on the road throwing to Brandon Marshall, Bess, and Hartline? Marshall might have 200 yards. We know the Pats defense makes below average quarterbacks look good, what will they do to Henne, who's as decidedly average as you can get in a quarterback? Last year he tuned up the Pats for 335 when they played in Miami, and I just don't see how anyone could expect anything else. What from the Patriots' play this season tells people that they are going to go on the road to Miami and beat a good team?
Are the Pats suddenly going to find a pass rush(er) on the trip to South Beach? I expect Miami to approach 500 yards of total offense against the Patriots. Yes, the Patriots defense is THAT bad. The f#cking Buffalo Bills punted ONCE against the Patriots - ONCE!!!! Unless the Patriots defense improves tenfold in one week's time, I see this game in Miami being a double digit victory for Chad F#cking Henne and Co. It will be one of those throw the remote type of games.
Believe me, I hope I'm wrong, but please tell me, what from the first three games of this season tells people that the Patriots are going to win on the road in Miami? The way they turtled in the second half at the NYJ? The way they sucked on the road in the third and fourth quarter last year against Miami, Houston, Denver, etc?

DBag's point is that from that 05 draft, only Sanders is playing for the team now with the others gone via trade, release, or injury...Felger acts as though he OWNS that point about the drafts being sh#tty because he harps on it non-stop...

And thats the case for the vast majority of teams in the NFL. 6 years ago is a LONG time.

I'm pretty sure Kelvin Hayden is the only one left from the Colts draft that year.

Belichick considers a veteran someone in the 8 season range, Sanders is the closest in his sixth season. Meriweather is still green; as for how much more Meriweather has to learn, perhaps covering his receiver to prevent walk in touchdowns would be a start, if I read Coach's lips correctly.

got a quote for that?

And thats the case for the vast majority of teams in the NFL. 6 years ago is a LONG time.

I'm pretty sure Kelvin Hayden is the only one left from the Colts draft that year.

But when people bring that point up to him he dismisses them as "kool aid drinkers", etc...

If Ryan Fitzpatrick can shred the Pats secondary (at home!) throwing to Roscoe Parrish, Lee Evans, etc., what will Henne do to that putrid secondary on the road throwing to Brandon Marshall, Bess, and Hartline? Marshall might have 200 yards. We know the Pats defense makes below average quarterbacks look good, what will they do to Henne, who's as decidedly average as you can get in a quarterback? Last year he tuned up the Pats for 335 when they played in Miami, and I just don't see how anyone could expect anything else. What from the Patriots' play this season tells people that they are going to go on the road to Miami and beat a good team?
Are the Pats suddenly going to find a pass rush(er) on the trip to South Beach? I expect Miami to approach 500 yards of total offense against the Patriots. Yes, the Patriots defense is THAT bad. The f#cking Buffalo Bills punted ONCE against the Patriots - ONCE!!!! Unless the Patriots defense improves tenfold in one week's time, I see this game in Miami being a double digit victory for Chad F#cking Henne and Co. It will be one of those throw the remote type of games.
Believe me, I hope I'm wrong, but please tell me, what from the first three games of this season tells people that the Patriots are going to win on the road in Miami? The way they turtled in the second half at the NYJ? The way they sucked on the road in the third and fourth quarter last year against Miami, Houston, Denver, etc?

Why are you so hysterical??
Tell me how that Fin secondary is going to stop Tom Brady and these weapons?? Everyone is forgetting the other side of the ball. Hellooooooooooooo......
Are their huge issues on defense. Yep!
Do QB's like Chad I've won as much in the NFL as Ryan Fitzpatrick Henne tend to push the envelope too much against this young D and throw picks?? Yep!
Why do I think the Patriots will beat Miami?? Because I'm confident Tom Brady (and Bill O'Brien) have figuered out a few things out since the Jet game, i.e. get back to finding the open man, move the chains without relying on throws to Randy Moss, incorporate these talented TE's into the offense, keep pounding the run.....
This is a highly skilled veteran offense that is capable of leading this team and winning on the road. This defense is a work in progress. You can't teach experience however they do have athletic playmakers on defense who can make plays and change the game.
Relax!!

Last edited:
Randall Gay is a solid player. I would love to have him right now.

I couldn't agree more. He ain't a starter, but he's quietly become one of the most dependable nickel/dime corners in the NFL. Having the likes of Jonathan Wilhite trying to replace him in that role since he left has been a disaster.

Tell me how that Fin secondary is going to stop Tom Brady and these weapons?? Everyone is forgetting the other side of the ball. Hellooooooooooooo......
Do QB's like Chad I've won as much in the NFL as Ryan Fitzpatrick Henne tend to push the envelope too much against this young D and throw picks?? Yep!
Why do I think the Patriots will beat Miami?? Because I'm confident Tom Brady (and Bill O'Brien) have figuered out a few things out since the Jet game, i.e. get back to finding the open man, move the chains without relying on throws to Randy Moss, incorporate these talented TE's into the offense, keep pounding the run.....
This is a highly skilled veteran offense that is capable of leading this team and winning on the road. This defense is a work in progress. You can't teach experience however they do have athletic playmakers on defense who can make plays and change the game.
Relax!!

1. They did it last year.. Pats lost to them..
2. Miami's defense is head and shoulders above the Bills.. Don't expect Tom to have 3td's
3. Tom has struggeled in Miami

With that being said, we need to win this game!

Relax!!

I certainly hope you are right, but I just can't summon up the confidence in this team. If they beat Miami, then I'll believe in this team, but until they win a big road game the jury is still way out...

I don't see the controversy in Felger's comments. Of course the secondary was better under Mangini.

We had Randall Gay, Troy Brown, Earthwind and Fire playing CB for us when last we won a SB. And while we could have a better RCB, do you really think they are coaching up this guy like we used to coach up our DBs? Be honest with yourself.

We also had the best front seven in the NFL that year to offset the injuries to the starters in the secondary. Ask the Ravens what an elite front seven can do for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes