PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Left Tackle

Tyron Smith just signed with the Jets.

Tyron Smith just signed with the Jets.
I wonder if we were in on him. Seemed like he would have been a possibility. Oh well, Trent Brown is still available :)

I'm all in on the Wolf/Packer way of building through the draft...

B/c there's no one F'N left in FA..

the movie drinking GIF

I wonder if we were in on him. Seemed like he would have been a possibility. Oh well, Trent Brown is still available :)
I was just dreading that thought (about Brown) after I made the post.

I'm still scratching my head as to why we didn't sign Jonah Williams on Day 1 of FA.

I'm still scratching my head as to why we didn't sign Jonah Williams on Day 1 of FA.
It’s becoming painfully obvious that nobody really wants to come here. I’m sure we’re offering, just nobody accepts here

It’s becoming painfully obvious that nobody really wants to come here. I’m sure we’re offering, just nobody accepts here
It's going to take a whole lot of right moves and team building to get back to that point.

When does that draft start?

Tyron on a 1 yr $20m deal with the Jets

That’s not a given. We don’t know what players Wolf has made offers to except Ridley. He may just be a disciplined gm that only pursues guys that fit this team at a decent value, and he’s not under pressure to win this season so he’s waiting. I’m glad he hasn’t traded any picks for veterans. There will still be a lot of cuts, and we’re 3rd on the waiver list. And unless they’re in love with Maye or Daniels at 3, he’ll manufacture picks with a trade down.

For 20 years we USED to laugh at Jet fans, etc for "winning" the off season. Now we have become them. Geesh.

Now would have loved to have gotten Smith and I understand that it will come out that a LOT of that $20MM is dependent on him being on the field, which he hasn't been much the last several years. I also know that if I had been Smith, the Jets are much further advanced and have an established QB than we are.

Here are the FACTS gentlemen and ladies, we are no longer a prime destination for older FA's who are just as interested in potential championships as well as big money. And just because they didn't land here, didn't mean we didn't try or were somehow trying to to be "cheap".

You know NEXT season's FA WR list is going to be better and deeper than this bad crop. Same goes for the OT class. I would have liked it if we had signed guys like Smith, DHunter, and the top FA CB, whose name slips my mind. But it requires that THEY want to come here too.

But the fact remains that there are STILL a LOT of NFL quality players that will be signed over the next 6 weeks before the draft, and there will a ton more after June 1. It is amazing to me that we have fans who make immediate judgements on what kind of team we will have based on the first week of FA. I USED to believe that Pats fans were more knowledgeable and savvy football fans than most other franchises. But this off season make we wonder if we are NOW just like the other yahoos we used to mock. Fans who need to win the sports page top stories and media approval, rather than win games and field a competitive team.

There will be MONTHS before we get even an INKLING of what this off season will be like and not till October before we get a sense of what this team will turn into

Personally I would MUCH rather spend money getting Duggar signed and Barmore extended than signing a 32 year old WR when we don't know who the QB will be in mid-March. Maybe NEXT year will be a better time to add FA WR's when the class will be better and your QB of the future should be fully integrated into your offense.

Hopefully there aren’t a ton of teams left that want a LT in free agency. I’m personally counting 8-10 that could use an upgrade.
T. Brown
C. Leno
D. Bakhtiari (oft injured/stud when healthy)
D. Smith
D. Humphries (Depending on recovery)
J. Jones
A. Dillard
Y. Nijman

Surely we can land one of these guys that can fill in at LT.

Hopefully there aren’t a ton of teams left that want a LT in free agency. I’m personally counting 8-10 that could use an upgrade.
T. Brown
C. Leno
D. Bakhtiari (oft injured/stud when healthy)
D. Smith
D. Humphries (Depending on recovery)
J. Jones
A. Dillard
Y. Nijman

Surely we can land one of these guys that can fill in at LT.
If Smith is good enough to cover the blindside for Super Bowl wins for Brady and Mahomes, he’s good enough for me. That would be my choice from a performance, age, health standpoint at first glance of remaining tackles. Though he did say he grew up a Jete fan, so take that as you will :/ Perhaps they can angle negotiations as, “Hey, Jets didn’t think YOU were good enough over an aging and injured Tyron Smith, but WE do!”

Seems like they might need to go with a volume approach here. Josh Jones and Mekhi Becton, see who wins the training camp battle? Or something along those lines. We are not getting sure fire quality, so need quantity at this point

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back