PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones blowing away Patriots coaches and teammates

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Boston Patriot

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I think I heard a similar thing about another QB a long, long time ago... :)

I’m not advocating, expecting, nor wanting this :

But wouldn’t it be somewhat hilarious if Stidham arrived in camp, outperformed the other three, and became the starter ?
I think that would be great. Flush his value before the next off season. Plus it would be lots of fun watching the meltdown of all the Stidham haters on this board.

Every QB taken in the first round had the same exact report from their local media. Ridiculous talk....no pads, no defense, no reason to get excited yet.

Today's media I guess. An unknown guy tweets something from an anonymous source. Yahoo throws it up and there it is from a more named source.
This one spiraled. It's the same source, who was spotted by the USA TODAY writer who covers Alabama. That writer posted it, and since they're syndicated through Yahoo! it appeared there, and then someone else saw it, quoted it, and it's also making the rounds with other sites now too.

I don't want to discredit the guy, but by all accounts, it's an unverified Twitter account apparently run by an intern for uStadium. That's not to say that six months from now they couldn't turn into the next big reporter, but it's just tough to trust it 100% just yet until that happens.

Although, I obviously hope this is correct ;)

More interesting Tweets:

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I looked over the rest of his account and he's not self-promoting the way some of the other questionable ones do...so hey, keep an eye on some of these and see how they play out...you never know :cool:

Does not get any less credible than a tweet from an intern from a "superfan" web site that no one has heard of.
The fact that yahoo has propagated this further is even funnier.

To quote the orange man- "Fake News"

unless of course Daryl Worley signs with the patriots tomorrow, then I take it all back....LOL

We signed Hoyer the week after rookie mini-camp. Obviously not a coincidence. Hoyer can't play anymore, so why sign him? Because he can teach Mac - Hoyer knows what to do even though he can't execute in a game. That will accelerate Mac after he blew everyone away in rookie camp. All adds up.

Unnamed source = (yawn)

I am waiting for live pre-season action.

The word "away" is the VIP of that article title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents