PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Mac Jones traded to Jags for a 6th

Very good article by Phil Perry. I might add I sure hope a big chunk of this fan base is fairer and more patient with the next guy if the trajectory of his career has some downs along with the ups.
speaking only for myself,his handling of his situation was what most concerned me rather than the fact he struggled/had some ups and downs.

You can bet that Peterson will be a blessing for Mac. Everyone said he has talent and Bourne, Judon and others in the Pats organization have spoken up for him and said that they wanted to play with him.
BB never forgave Mac for calling outside the organization for help.

Mac will be one of the main reasons why BB will NOT go down as the greatest coach of all time. Top 5 yes.
Agreed, I know it's just after thoughts, but Bill texted JimmyG before and after games. Nothing was made of that!

Yes, it depends on Mac bulking up A LOT - Mac tried bulking up for 2 years and it did not work. That is why it is interesting to see if it ever happens.

Sometimes a shorter guy has a tighter motion so he can throw with more velocity, and some of the taller QBs do not have the body type to bulk up so they can never throw on a rope. After 3 years, everyone in the NFL (the professionals) has voiced their opinion by offering a 6th or 7th rounder for Mac. Offering a 6th or 7th rounder is basically saying that the other 31 GMs and their staffs think it is a very long shot that Mac will be able to bulk up.

But we still have posters here thinking that the 32 GMs in the league are wrong. Amazing.
I honestly think it wasn't the physical issues being the reason they only got the 6th-round pick. I think that was more due to the mental mistakes and his personality, with the former being the bigger issue. We've seen guys string together seasons with decent records despite having a bad arm. But those guys typically flame out after falling short enough in January where teams flip the page, not for the reasons New England was at with Jones at this point. He's out for reasons that go beyond his physical limitations.

I also think he irked too many within the organization where even a coaching change wasn't enough for them to believe he deserved one more chance after what happened last season. I think he also didn't take enough accountability, which I think - in addition to the losses - lost him whatever support he had left in the locker room.

The Mac Jones debacle is a stain on BB’s legacy. Also the organization as a whole treated this kid poorly. Was his behavior and takent ideal?? No, but BB screwed up any chance this kid had to develop as a starting caliber QB. Doug Pederson will fix him, treat him well and the Patriots organization will be embarassed by this whole episode.
He will be a good qb with proper handling.
Mac Jones smacking the nuts of opposing defenders and raising his cleats when he slid was a stain on the entire Patriot organization.

Mac sucking and reports coming out now that BB never wanted him in the first place and that Kraft wouldn’t let Bill trade him last offseason only makes BB’s exit make more sense.

Mac had a great offensive line, a genius coordinator and good weapons his rookie year… he finished 1-4 and turned the ball over eight times in five games.

Mac truthers are delusional…

i think there should be a McCorkle Jones subforum.

Anyone up to start a 2024 Macsonville Jaguars thread? lol
Only if you title it as the "2024 Macsonville JAGuars Thread"!

Sorry, Mac, but it's a rough world we live in!

I don't really agree that his arm was the problem. It was his decision-making when throwing on the run and when under pressure in the pocket. His arm was good enough to win in this league - e.g., the same arm as Tannehill or Purdy when his footwork wasn't messed up.
FIFY

A 5th would have been nicer, but a 6th whatever.

Not really clear why all the love for Wilson in this thread.
It's not "love," but he's got what you can't teach. Probably never work out, but if he ever did, the kid can throw with the very best of them.

It's not @archstanton543

It something like BBwins8. While many on the board were fooled by the optimism of their posts, only one Moderator sniffed out the satire and told them to knock it off.

Lmao i forgot that guy. It was pretty clear he was just here to troll people, but i could never figure out if he was trying to piss off Team Tom or mocking the optimism of team Bill. Maybe both at the same time lol

Lmao i forgot that guy. It was pretty clear he was just here to troll people, but i could never figure out if he was trying to piss off Team Tom or mocking the optimism of team Bill. Maybe both at the same time lol
Thought it was Kontra’s satire account

At least now we won't have paranoid freaks ranting about how the new regime is going to start Mac in 2024 because Kraft supposedly loved him SO MUCH.

LOL

Good luck Mac. Hopefully he can make a long career for himself.

Not a happy ending in Patriots nation. This is rock bottom. I hope Mayo changes the mindset in this town. Take your time, bring in guaranteed starters in this draft. Highest potential players, no projects, including premadonna quarterbacks. This team will survive with top offensive talent. Imagine you knew Randy Moss (rookie) was on the board. What would you do? Remember the first thing in a great offensive player is they get open.

To quote myself, Mac was my least favorite Pats QB since Tony Eason. I’m glad they’re both gone.
Eason imho was MUCH more better
And in today's Nfl Eason would be very good
Talent was there
If he had Grogan toughness he would have been after Brady probably our best ever

I agree with you on Mac

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back