PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Mac Jones traded to Jags for a 6th

I didn’t say it, Wickersham, Florio and Jeff Howe said BB didn’t want Mac… why won’t you guys accept what the media is saying?
BB picked Jones. Fact, not opinion.

It was his decision as GM of this team. He could have picked someone else but that didn’t happen. Nobody “forced” Bill to pick him, he wanted his guy and got him.

His opinion on Jones 2 years later is irrelevant to the point.

You do realize anyone following this back and forth sees you as the clown, right?
Again… “because I say so” isn’t an argument.

I was asked to provide a link and provided three from three different sources… the truth sucks for you.

BB picked Jones. Fact, not opinion.

It was his decision as GM of this team. He could have picked someone else but that didn’t happen. Nobody “forced” Bill to pick him, he wanted his guy and got him.

His opinion on Jones 2 years later is irrelevant to the point.
BB picked Tom Brady.

Kraft said he took the draft away from him in 2021, so we may never know the truth.

BB picked Tom Brady.

Kraft said he took the draft away from him in 2021, so we may never know the truth.

Yeah I think Scott pioli had more say than him at that point and you think you know that

We also know that the scouts were insisting on Brady and Bill sure took his time in that draft to get him didn't he?

So crazy to me that everybody is out here trying to tear Bell apart move on

BB picked Tom Brady.

BB was the GM of his team. Personnel is his job. Unless he was fired a while ago from that position and nobody knew about it he was very likely the final say on the draft and personnel regardless of what Kraft has to say on the topic.

Jones was Bill’s boy and one of your own links says he liked him. And Davis Mills. The hilarity of picking Davis Mills in the first round would have melted down this forum.

Kraft said on national TV the draft was becoming a more collaborative process and more voices would be heard… but I’m sure we can trust this unnamed source that Kraft was lying through his teeth in that interview.
Remind me of the gm pls

• Winner
Reactions: sb1
Yeah I think Scott pioli had more say than him at that point and you think you know that

We also know that the scouts were insisting on Brady and Bill sure took his time in that draft to get him didn't he?

So crazy to me that everybody is out here trying to tear Bell apart move on
Hahaha… that’s exactly what a BB hater would say. He’s responsible for everything that goes wrong and nothing that went right. Good grief…

BB was the GM of his team. Personnel is his job. Unless he was fired a while ago from that position and nobody knew about it he was very likely the final say on the draft and personnel regardless of what Kraft has to say on the topic.

Jones was Bill’s boy and one of your own links says he liked him. And Davis Mills. The hilarity of picking Davis Mills in the first round would have melted down this forum.
Kraft said the dynamic was changing in 2021 right before they drafted Mac. His words.

Davis Mills would have been drafted in the second or third round, nobody said anything about the first round but you.

Good not great
8th in rushing yards and the 8th best sack percentage in the NFL. Top eight is not great?

Would have looked a lot better with a better QB as well. Mac had no excuses for the last third of his rookie season, he became who we saw going forward.

Teams amassed film on Mac, and he took a nose dive…

Hahaha… that’s exactly what a BB hater would say. He’s responsible for everything that goes wrong and nothing that went right. Good grief…

Actually. Your post was that.

Everything good is his fault. Everything bad is Krafts.

Bill wasn't the the executive making personnel decisions in 2000 and you know that.

Hahahahhaha.

Wozzy and Upstarter are like those Japanese soldiers in the caves for years after WW2 who didn’t know the war was over.

Two immidiate thoughts.
1. Thank god!
2. Already liking how the GM team is thinking and working.

Actually. Your post was that.

Everything good is his fault. Everything bad is Krafts.

Bill wasn't the the executive making personnel decisions in 2000 and you know that.

Hahahahhaha.
Yes he was. He was working both positions from the get go.

BB picked Tom Brady.

Yup, Belichick was responsible for every good pick this team ever had, but for some reason he is not responsible for the bad ones.

Good grief indeed.

What did you anticipate the Patriots receiving for Mac Jones in a trade? I really am curious.

Something higher than a sixth. But I don't recall what the stipulations are with him contractually after this coming season, so with that caveat maybe not.

BTW, I heard the Jete are unlikely to find a trade partner for McMilfson, in which case he's expected to be released outright.

Anytime you trade a former #1 pick for a #6 pick, you are admitting a mistake had been made no matter who made the pick. Now Mac gets to be a “backup” for real and the Pats get to start over again. Too bad but “it is what it is”…

The Mac Jones debacle is a stain on BB’s legacy. Also the organization as a whole treated this kid poorly. Was his behavior and takent ideal?? No, but BB screwed up any chance this kid had to develop as a starting caliber QB. Doug Pederson will fix him, treat him well and the Patriots organization will be embarassed by this whole episode.
He will be a good qb with proper handling.
I partially agree, especially with the inane Patty choice, but it's tough to say if one is to believe sources who say they really had to baby Mac because he was so sensitive, even though he said he wanted to be "coached harder."

"Howe reminded readers that Belichick intentionally would chew Brady out in front of other players to make sure everyone knew that no one was untouchable. But now, with Jones, Belichick is taking a gentle approach, and even instructing his coaching staff to approach Jones with constructive criticism rather than aggression."

@sb1 Please get Brissett signed this week. I want zap to have no hope of thinking he's got even a remote chance of starting.
Zap got cut during cut down day and re-signed with the Pats thinking he was gonna eventually be the starter. Zap destroyed Brissett head to head, so that signing is not gonna affect his moxie (or delusion to some of y'all).

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back