PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Mac Jones traded to Jags for a 6th

Nothing negative about saying the Jones pick was 100% Bill's responsibility as GM of this team. That's a fact and that's literally his job.
You'll ignore any fact that doesn't push your agenda. We all know who you are at this point.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
No. There was no report that Belichick was going to trade Mac and Kraft blocked him. They disagree with unfounded rumors. You seem to want to make rumors facts.

And I am not an anti-Belichick guy. I think Belichick is the greatest head coach of all time. I am a fan of Belichick. Just not a fan of he ran the operations for the last few years of his tenure in New England.

And you don't trust the Wickersham report. Not me. If you trusted the Wickersham report, you would quote him accurately and not spin something he wrote into something he didn't. Again, I have asked you numerous times to post the direct quote that backs ups your claims. You haven't. Why? Because you know that what you are saying and what was reported are not the same things.
You've been one of the king anti-BB guys... you can't even admit that. Stop lying...

You'll ignore any fact that doesn't push your agenda. We all know who you are at this point.
The agenda of saying like any leader Bill is ultimately responsible for his area? Ok

You've been one of the king anti-BB guys... you can't even admit that. Stop lying...

No I haven't. I have defended Belichick against people who say Belichick was a product of Brady for years. They call me an anti-Brady guy because I say that Belichick was more important to the early part of the dynasty than Brady. You call me an anti-Belichick guy because I criticize him for what he did the last two years of his tenure with the Patriots. I get labeled a Mac Jones rum swab for pointing out that Mac was put in a horrible position where few or no QB could succeed.

I can't win. Everybody sees things on this board as black or white. You criticize Belichick for how he handled the last two years and you are a hater. I find hyperpartisanship in politics really stupid. I find it even dumber in sports.

For now, he's first round AJ McCarron.

Thought Kyle Shanahan loved him? Not enough to pay up a 5th round pick :rofl:
Interesting move for Mac Jones - there are already four QBs under contract in Jacksonville. Clearly Trevor Lawrence is the starter. He'll have a chance to work with QB Coach Mike McCoy who did great work with Philip Rivers and helped Lawrence find his potential after a disastrous rookie season that was completely the fault of his head coach. Good spot for Mac to find his way. I wish him the best.

No. There was no report that Belichick was going to trade Mac and Kraft blocked him. They disagree with unfounded rumors. You seem to want to make rumors facts.

And I am not an anti-Belichick guy. I think Belichick is the greatest head coach of all time. I am a fan of Belichick. Just not a fan of he ran the operations for the last few years of his tenure in New England.

And you don't trust the Wickersham report. Not me. If you trusted the Wickersham report, you would quote him accurately and not spin something he wrote into something he didn't. Again, I have asked you numerous times to post the direct quote that backs ups your claims. You haven't. Why? Because you know that what you are saying and what was reported are not the same things.
I literally just posted a report that said exactly that.

No I haven't. I have defended Belichick against people who say Belichick was a product of Brady for years. They call me an anti-Brady guy because I say that Belichick was more important to the early part of the dynasty than Brady. You call me an anti-Belichick guy because I criticize him for what he did the last two years of his tenure with the Patriots. I get labeled a Mac Jones rum swab for pointing out that Mac was put in a horrible position where few or no QB could succeed.

I can't win. Everybody sees things on this board as black or white. You criticize Belichick for how he handled the last two years and you are a hater. I find hyperpartisanship in politics really stupid. I find it even dumber in sports.
This is the problem with team Brady and team Bill buckets that some are constantly trying to force on us. Most of us are team both and if something is said that we disagree we're going to point out why think it's bs and we shouldn't have to be put in one of those buckets because of it. I don't know what the solution is but I'm not going to be a member of Patsfans and not defend Bill and Brady til I die.

This is the problem with team Brady and team Bill buckets that some are constantly trying to force on us. Most of us are team both and if something is said that we disagree we're going to point out why think it's bs and we shouldn't have to be put in one of those buckets because of it. I don't know what the solution is but I'm not going to be a member of Patsfans and not defend Bill and Brady til I die.

Yeah, I love both Brady and Belichick, but it is ok to say they both weren't perfect the entire time they were here. And even criticize some of the things they did over their tenures with the Patriots.

Kraft him self said Bill didn't gain full control until AFTER he drafted TB12.

So, again, who was making the decisions?
FIFY, revisiting history to assign credit for something that happened over 20 years is a complete waste of time and energy. I can't wait for BB and TB12 to produce their versions of The Dynasty so that enjoying Patriot history can be just like the news where you choose your preferred source to match your personal definition of the truth.

Yeah, I love both Brady and Belichick, but it is ok to say they both weren't perfect the entire time they were here. And even criticize some of the things they did over their tenures with the Patriots.
Yup, Plenty to criticize for Bill a lot less so for Brady but so long as you don't try to erase everything because you're mad about one of those critiques than I try to let the opinions be said it's the erasing of guys legacies that frustrates me to no end. You can be mad about x,y, or z without then having to rewrite history because of it.

Bill did everything he could to ruin this kid's career with the Judge and Patricia hirings. Good luck, Mac. You deserved better in NE.
Why was the BOB offense worse then?

Wow we only got back a 6th round pick for Jones and a 7th round pick for Harry! Two 1st rounders just thrown away! That just shouts how badly BB screwed up our drafts! :poop:
Guess we'll find out shortly if it was BB or if it was the player personnel people, since most of them are still here and have control of the draft.

No excuses, we have #3 overall and plenty of assets to trade up.

Personally I still feel the Mac pick was the right thing to do at #15, and feel that it should be "best QB available" till we're sure we have a keeper.

Otherwise you spend your time trying to turn trash (Mayfield, Cousins, etc) into treasure.

If the common wisdom here (everyone knew Mac was a bust at the end of season #1) is true, the mistake wasn't picking Mac, it was not replacing Mac.

Next stop for Mac: Birmingham Stallions.

I don't really agree that his arm was the problem. It was his decision-making when throwing on the run and when under pressure in the pocket. His arm was good enough to win in this league - e.g., the same arm as Tannehill or Purdy.
Dude, he probably has the weakest arm in the league, he can't throw with any velocity at all off platform. He has some, some zip on short to intermediate throws when he can step into his throw. His long ball is terrible, and floats, they are all rainbows. He does not have an NFL arm and teams adjusted to that.

BB the coach is also unemployed for a good reason.
Word was BB the coach wouldn't give up any control. The Falcons would have had to completely restructure their back office team based on BB's requirements. That's why he's unemployed.

Dude, he probably has the weakest arm in the league, he can't throw with any velocity at all off platform. He has some, some zip on short to intermediate throws when he can step into his throw. His long ball is terrible, and floats, they are all rainbows. He does not have an NFL arm and teams adjusted to that.
That's not what I saw, relative to other starting QB's in the league. His deep ball was actually very good - eg the one that Parker dropped late in a game last season, 50+ yards down field and right on the money in close coverage. On the run he made some decent throws but made too many atrocious decisions on where to throw those, sometimes backwards toward the center of the field for INT's. He also seemed to get worse and worse in collapsing pockets, could never see his way out or make a play stepping up - Zappe was way better at that. His arm was not the problem. With better protection, weapons, and OC situation, he would have been successful.

I agree completely, BB lost control the last 2 seasons. He especially didn't have a Next Man Up for when McDaniels left, and also completely blew the 2019 draft.

But what can't be ignored or forgotten is 6 rings (including just 5 years ago), 9 SB appearances, 12 AFCC appearances. Those are such gargantuan facts that any criticism has to be mild and always in the context of that. The revisionist history about the motives and actions of BB/TB/RK is kind of disgusting.

Given the state of the roster, last year's results, and such a promising coach as Mayo in the wings, I have no problem with moving on from BB, but he's still the best to ever do it and still very capable of doing it.

Took this photo a few weeks ago at a local Vancouver sports store. Poor bastard won’t be able to give those away.

1710195298839.jpeg

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back