PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mark Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will see how much it gets better.The defense.This defense still reminds me off last year's defense.No improvements.It didnt help that BB didnt draft defensive linemen.

the pass rush will come together eventually IMO...there is some talent on that line..carter, ellis, Wilfork, haynesworth, warren arent scrubs....just unfortunately they havent put it all together just yet. But they have been able to pressure the QB yesterday somewhat

if haynesworth plays next week, I see us getting some good penetration on the Jets OL

Last edited:
Mark Sanchez will look like a pro bowler next sunday against this lousy defense.The jets will come in a desperate team.This team better be prepared.:mad:

Yeah, the Jets D is waaaaay better than the Pats D.

Look at how the Jets manhandled Oakland last week.........

I generally do not make predictions and you shouldn't either, there's no percentage in it for you.

Haynesworth AND Wilfork then double A gap blitz them early & often just to see how his ankle holds up.

Then when they alter the blocking scheme to counter the double A gap blitzes, overload Hunter and leave him on an island with Carter, Fletcher and Chung.

Who's the Haynesworth guy?;)

After watching last night's game, yeah Sanchez was bad, but I dunno if it would even be possible for a quarterback to play well in those circumstances. That doesn't excuse him, considering that he muffed a perfectly good snap for one turnover, and threw an interception that he didn't really need to throw. But he spent virtually the entire game getting knocked around without ever getting a shot at setting his feet. My opinion of him as a QB didn't change at all last night (I don't think very much of him), and how he does against the Pats will depend mainly on whether or not Mangold's back.

If he is, an he's close to 100%, then Sanchez might rebound just fine and have a performance closer to/better than the one that he had in the Raiders game. If Mangold is out again, then he might go the entire night without having a pocket to throw from. This is where the Jets' depth-ignoring draft philosophy really comes back to kill them. The Pats could lose anyone on their line (indeed, they're already down 3 starters from last year) and have the loss be manageable. The Jets lost one and they were in trouble; two and they were toast.

Last edited:
Sanchez had no shot last night.The jets defense didnt play bad.The offense turned it over at key spots.If anything, Flacco stunked more.

The Jets defense wasn't bad, but a lot of that is a reflection of how utterly terrible Flacco and the playcalling was on the Ravens.

We should give them a much more difficult test, particularly if Hernandez is back.

I disagree, i though Cromartie played a good game and u know that nobody challenges Revis.I did see the ravens try and use their TEs.Seems like the formula against the jets defense.

I hope they get off to a good start offensively because i am concern if this team falls behind against the jets considering how much this defense cant get stops!

Do not give a rats azz if he goes 29 for 30, with 440 yards passing.. as long as we win...

Stats like these are for losers..

maybe u might give rats azz if we go one and done in the playoffs this year like we did in 2009, getting spanked by the Ravens . . . and you can whistle by the graveyard with your "stats are for losers" comments all you want in January watching the others teams move forward in the playoffs . . . you can make those comments when you are winning and stopping the other team, but if you are not stopping the other team and are relying on our offense to put up 35+ points a game to win, and have smoke and mirrors on D, then some day that is going to come back and bite u in ur azz . . . just saying . . .

i just hope we can put a stop to the opponent on the D side of the ball . . .

Both teams are different than last year. The YETS D is still very good, though this years scores don't seem to reflect that but if you look closely, they did show up in Baltimore last evening. The offense on the other hand, did not get better in the off season, in fact it has taken a step back. Maybe two. Plax is not performing as they HOPED, though they are praising his blocking skills.... Derrick Mason is OLD, OLD, OLD. They did not replace the value that Braylon Edwards brought to the field. They no longer have their off pace wild cat option. They have lost leadership on both sides of the ball. The glaring area of concern for them is the O-Line, it just plain sucks. Getting Mangold back, even if healthy will not fix all the O-Line woes.

It s critical division game, I don't expect it to be easy but I say we get the win.

Sanchez had no shot last night.The jets defense didnt play bad.The offense turned it over at key spots.If anything, Flacco stunked more.

And Flacco missed wide open WRs deep even when he had plenty of time in the pocket. Are we going to give the Jets defense for blowing coverages and the QB just playing like crap?

I already think this defense is the worst in the league. If they make Mark Sanchez look like Peyton Manning next week, they will be one of the worst defenses of ALL TIME.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Sanchize will play better than he did against Baltimore and Rexy will DUMB down the playbook as much as possible. Someone in the media said, and I don't remember who, that in last year's playoff game against the Patriots Sanchez was allowed only to look at one side of the field and if nothing was open he was to run or throw it away. Surely they'll do something like that this Sunday. If Sanchez and the NYJ waltz into Gillette on Sunday and beat the Patriots AGAIN, there is something wrong with the Patriots, their coaching staff, their players - something....the NYJ are AWFUL right now....

As for his stats, hmmmm....how 'bout 16-25-194 3 TD 0 INT....that stat line sound familiar to anyone????? :mad:

Ditto. Today everyone on the radio are biatching that the Pats allowed 344 yards passing yesterday. Yet, people seem to ignore that nearly a third of those yards came in garbage time. So statistically it made the Pats' defense worse and Campbell's stats better, but those yards had zero bearing in the game itself.

interesting point but the reality of the situation is that if you take away that last 99 yard drive, the pats still gave up 405 yards outside of that last drive . . . those 405 yards of offense outside of the last drive would still put the pats D at 28th overall . . . just saying . . .

I am amazed at how much people on this board think garbage time is garbage time.A good defense prides itself on stopping opponents even during garbage time.This defense is still horrible on 3rd down and gives up huge plays of 20 yards or more.Its getting ridiculous.

I get it, all that matters is the win, but wins cover up a lot of stink, and this defense is the worst in the league.

I hear a lot of, well they gave up garbage yards, and TDs, and all the defense has to do is minimize the damage, and let the offense win the game. Problem is, in Sept/Oct you can pass for 400 yards a game, and win games 38-34. This team is not built to win in the playoffs. And the Pats have yet to play against an elite QB this year outside of Rivers (who has been sub par all year). And have made Henne, Fitzpatrick, and Campbell, have these great days.

Why on earth wont Sanchez have a great game, if he doesn't , he is going against the trend, and it will be an anomaly.

BTW what happens if the Pats play against a good QB, never mind these middle of the road guys throw for 400 yards against them, what would Rodgers, Brees do to this defense. I don't think the scoreboard, could calculate all the points.

But please keep burying your heads in the sand, and think all is well, eventhough below average QBS are lighting up the Pats D.

BTW quit waiting for Haynesworth, he is done, you mind as well wait for Jesus to return next week, because that is about as likely to happen, as an effective HAynesworth this Sunday.

I already think this defense is the worst in the league. If they make Mark Sanchez look like Peyton Manning next week, they will be one of the worst defenses of ALL TIME.

And yet they are 3-1 with only one home game played and having faced teams that are 7-5 outside of playing the Patriots.

Perhaps you should learn some NFL history before making historic statements.

Last edited:
Brees would put up 400 yards plus on this defense.

Sanchez is a decent quarterback facing no pass rush, just like everyone else. He's good with dink-and-dunk, OK throwing the long ball, and erratic on intermediate routes. He's not a play-maker on his own and has problems with ball security. He's at his best in a system that was in place his rookie year -- emphasized running game and great defense. He is serviceable but never, ever, will be a great quarterback.

interesting point but the reality of the situation is that if you take away that last 99 yard drive, the pats still gave up 405 yards outside of that last drive . . . those 405 yards of offense outside of the last drive would still put the pats D at 28th overall . . . just saying . . .

Where does it put them in the standings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents