PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McDaniels to Brady: "We are not changing a thing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: McDaniels to Brady: 'We are not changing a thing'

I agree with almost all your comments.

However, as you pointed out the OC clearly needed Bill's help. As you say, this is ultimately Bill's fault. IMHO, neither coordinator is of sufficient quality.
And I do agree that Bill should be watching the game, and helping both coordinators.

Yeah, let's really have some perspective. The players on both sides of the ball bear the brunt in this loss. And the Giants players did want it more. Maybe the coaches did too, but the real gaffs in coaching on the evening were Bill's and had nothing to do with his OC. Not having confidence in his PK and having too much confidence in his pass rushers. If anything his focus on defense may have hurt the offense. Even Charlie benefitted from his counsel, he adjusted the call on the Patten TD in XXXVI based on something he was seeing in coverage. He was too busy coaching up the D all through the first half to even watch what was transpiring on offense. And that may speak volumes to the competence of our DC.

I would wait until either a named source, or a journalist with some integrity reports hearing directly from the unnamed source before believing this.

I like San Diego's chances next year, believe it or not.

Maybe Seau can go back there and help his old team out.
Junior still owes the Charges an apology for standing them up when they gave him a one day contract and a huge retirement party.

This seems hard to believe...and if it happened, the HC needs to held accountable, too.
I think the Pats were lucky to be up 7-3 at the half. I really thought they'd come out in the 2nd half with a no huddle and 5-wide and throw 20straight plays. I was stunned they were sticking to a game plan that was clearly not working.

I like San Diego's chances next year, believe it or not.

I feel good about my team as well. They are immature; a lot of young players without much playoff experience, but this past season really helped them. They have the talent, they just need to calm down and do their jobs. The good news is that we have most of them locked up through 2011. That's good news.

Maybe Seau can go back there and help his old team out.

No thank you... the consensus here is that we love Seau and he has done a lot for the Chargers. But he has already retired from the team. We also don't want him back as a coach because while Seau is a great linebacker, most of his achievements have been from his raw, God given athletic abilities. He doesn't have good technique and/or discipline and tends to over pursue at times or get penalties for mis-timing the snap count (happened a lot when he was here). For these reasons, we don't want him back as an LB coach either because you can't teach athleticism.

Was this source Matt Walsh by any chance?

This seems hard to believe...and if it happened, the HC needs to held accountable, too.
I think the Pats were lucky to be up 7-3 at the half. I really thought they'd come out in the 2nd half with a no huddle and 5-wide and throw 20straight plays. I was stunned they were sticking to a game plan that was clearly not working.

Sunday night was the first time that I longed for Charlie Weiss.

I'm sure I'm easily in the minority, but it appeared clear to me that the offense DID change at the half. It's why it was able to the move the ball in the second half. It just bogged down all but the one time and only got one TD. In the first half, other than the first drive and the last drive, the offense did jack squat. In the third quarter, it was doing some of the things that people suggested it should. Quicker throws, Faulk (brilliant conversion on 3rd and long) mixed in, etc. While it didn't produce scores, this was huge in terms of field position and helped in keeping the Giants out of the endzone ... till the 4th quarter.

It's silly to say that the offense made no adjustments. It just didn't execute.

I agree with almost all your comments.

However, as you pointed out the OC clearly needed Bill's help. As you say, this is ultimately Bill's fault. IMHO, neither coordinator is of sufficient quality.
And I do agree that Bill should be watching the game, and helping both coordinators.

I also agree - almost - with all of Mo's comments. The overrated OL stunk, but they were also not put in positions to succeed as often as they should have been. The 7-step drop, 20+ yard patterns should have been put in mothballs, only to be used in 2nd/short, play-action, inside the 50 situations.

I really, really hope that this rumour is unfounded. I shudder to think of the ramifications otherwise.

The "adjustments" thing has come up a lot on EEI in the past couple of days, not suprisingly. Dale and Holley had the best comments on it today I think when they pointed out to a caller who insisted that they would have been better off going 5 wide to spread the giants out and get the ball out of bradys hands quicker that the times they tried that formation Brady was almost killed. said something like "they tried that for a series just before the half and he almost got decapitated".

The fact is, and I'm not sure if this is more or less troublesome, that the DID adjust in the second half. they ran a lot more plays out of 2WR 2TE sets with a RB in for protection and the Giants rush was STILL getting to Brady with ease. The Giants where also ready for the screens as they blew up a bunch of quick passes and screens before they got going or right after the catch. The Pats simply had no answer, in their primary game plan, secondary game plan, thirdirary game plan for the kind of pass rush that the Giants brought. Having 3 of their front 4 playing A++ ball and the 4th playing A ball was simply too much. it was almost 85 bears like the way they got to him.

I also have theories about the real health of Bradys ankle but I'll keep those to meself.

The "adjustments" thing has come up a lot on EEI in the past couple of days, not suprisingly. Dale and Holley had the best comments on it today I think when they pointed out to a caller who insisted that they would have been better off going 5 wide to spread the giants out and get the ball out of bradys hands quicker that the times they tried that formation Brady was almost killed. said something like "they tried that for a series just before the half and he almost got decapitated".

The fact is, and I'm not sure if this is more or less troublesome, that the DID adjust in the second half. they ran a lot more plays out of 2WR 2TE sets with a RB in for protection and the Giants rush was STILL getting to Brady with ease. The Giants where also ready for the screens as they blew up a bunch of quick passes and screens before they got going or right after the catch. The Pats simply had no answer, in their primary game plan, secondary game plan, thirdirary game plan for the kind of pass rush that the Giants brought. Having 3 of their front 4 playing A++ ball and the 4th playing A ball was simply too much. it was almost 85 bears like the way they got to him.

I also have theories about the real health of Bradys ankle but I'll keep those to meself.

I also had falshbacks to SuperBowl XX...except Brady did not curl up into the fetal position. All year long we heard about the 'Blue Print' to beat the Pats and I think I finally saw it come to life in the SB. You better believe teams will take chances and try and pressure Brady over and over and over. He will take some hard shots...and hopefully avoid injury. The BB formula to stopping Peyton was to drop 10 DBs and let him throw into coverage...teams now realize you need to put Brady into the turf and frustrate him.

I also had falshbacks to SuperBowl XX...except Brady did not curl up into the fetal position. All year long we heard about the 'Blue Print' to beat the Pats and I think I finally saw it come to life in the SB. You better believe teams will take chances and try and pressure Brady over and over and over. He will take some hard shots...and hopefully avoid injury. The BB formula to stopping Peyton was to drop 10 DBs and let him throw into coverage...teams now realize you need to put Brady into the turf and frustrate him.

teams have to have the personnel to rush like that, else they will be killed on bombs left and right. Furthermore, the assertation that teams will take Giants blueprint, and somehow Pats OL will not adjust to it is ludicrous.

In a one game situation, the Giants had the right game plan on D, and did pull it out had on some some fluke plays on the last series.

Lady luck was with them, from the fumble not recovered to the Eli almost sack turned 30 yd gain, and not much you could do about that. Lady luck was on our side in last 3 SB wins.

I'd be interested in hearing them . . .

The blue print is out? every team they'll face will have that same front seven too?

It's not worth blaming anyone because it wouldn't change anything. Where would we be without Brady and Belichick? Remind me.

The blue print is out? every team they'll face will have that same front seven too?

I'll laugh when that blue print is worthless next season. :singing:

Gaints had the good game plan...Hopefully the DC will be a redskin...Look that DC of the NYG,was impressive...Things are going to change...They do very year...I am sure they will watch the film and learn from them..

Certainly the Giant defensive linemen are good however the effort they put out Sunday will not be duplicated.

what blueprint?? stop the run, kill the q.b.??? wasnt lombardi doing that back in the 16th century?
their d-line simply played great. i do hope this j.m. thing is a rumor though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe