PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Sainristil

State

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
A player from Meechign who hails from Everett, Mass., who is a big time athlete at CB. A former WR.

A bigger Marcus Jones.

Draft ‘em, boys.

They need a non nutty CB to replace Jackwagon Jones, but even more so they need a free safety. I’d rather see them take their chances in filling those slots in free agency, and using the draft to address QB, OT, and WR. I still wonder why they didn’t try Jon Jones or Shaun Wade at FS this year but would have to guess they took a look at both there and didn’t see enough from either.

There's a lot to work with there. Looks like the late round type that thrives in Foxboro.

They need a non nutty CB to replace Jackwagon Jones, but even more so they need a free safety. I’d rather see them take their chances in filling those slots in free agency, and using the draft to address QB, OT, and WR. I still wonder why they didn’t try Jon Jones or Shaun Wade at FS this year but would have to guess they took a look at both there and didn’t see enough from either.
A CB with good tackling/hitting ability (who also has rangy speed and sufficient bulk), can be coached to be a FS. McCourty was, and he did pretty well!

Wade has the size, and is fast enough. J. Jones is up there in football age and I would really like to see an infusion of youthful talent to replace him (which can be had in later rounds).

Jon Jones was probably needed at CB. Shaun Wade is an enigma. He has stuck around a long time. Actually, had a couple games where he made a few plays, but he was back on the inactive list.

I like this guy. Hope he's here next year.

People overlook Marco Wilson. The Pats added him via waivers, but he's only 25 and is someone who may surprise by starting opposite Gonzalez. They also have Alex Austin who played pretty decently when given a shot.

The Pats need to look at a replacement for Myles Bryant. Someone who can stay healthy, but also play in the slot or possibly at S. I love Marcus Jones, but the fact that he's not been able to stay healthy has hurt this team badly. Jonathan Jones is starting to get long in the tooth and the Pats need someone to develop there.

As for Jack Jones. I think he purposely shot his way out of New England so he could play for Pierce.

I do agree that the Pats need a true free safety. One via Free Agency and then possibly one to develop..

People overlook Marco Wilson. The Pats added him via waivers, but he's only 25 and is someone who may surprise by starting opposite Gonzalez. They also have Alex Austin who played pretty decently when given a shot.

The Pats need to look at a replacement for Myles Bryant. Someone who can stay healthy, but also play in the slot or possibly at S. I love Marcus Jones, but the fact that he's not been able to stay healthy has hurt this team badly. Jonathan Jones is starting to get long in the tooth and the Pats need someone to develop there.

As for Jack Jones. I think he purposely shot his way out of New England so he could play for Pierce.

I do agree that the Pats need a true free safety. One via Free Agency and then possibly one to develop..
Bro forgot all about Wilson.

People overlook Marco Wilson. The Pats added him via waivers, but he's only 25 and is someone who may surprise by starting opposite Gonzalez.

Let's hope Wilson turns it around. Lots of athleticism, short on football smarts. This is before the Cardinals released him.

Heading into the Cardinals Week 11 matchup, Wilson ranked 102nd out of 109 qualified corners on PFF with a grade of 45.6. Opposing quarterbacks notched a passer rating of 130.5, and Wilson allowed 13.7 yards per completion.

But wait, it gets worse when you head over to Pro-Football-Reference, which has Wilson averaging even more yards allowed per completion than PFF, at 14.9, along with 11.2 yards per target. They also have him listed (before today’s game against Houston) as having allowed 39 completions on 52 targets, with a 75.0 completion percentage, and three touchdowns allowed

Let's hope Wilson turns it around. Lots of athleticism, short on football smarts. This is before the Cardinals released him.

Heading into the Cardinals Week 11 matchup, Wilson ranked 102nd out of 109 qualified corners on PFF with a grade of 45.6. Opposing quarterbacks notched a passer rating of 130.5, and Wilson allowed 13.7 yards per completion.

But wait, it gets worse when you head over to Pro-Football-Reference, which has Wilson averaging even more yards allowed per completion than PFF, at 14.9, along with 11.2 yards per target. They also have him listed (before today’s game against Houston) as having allowed 39 completions on 52 targets, with a 75.0 completion percentage, and three touchdowns allowed

I understand. Some is on him. Some on the coaching. It's not like they had stellar DBs there. He may be a nothing, but with the crappy defense that AZ had, it could have been that he was trying to do too much and not focusing on his job.

At 25, he's not a finished product.. Hoping that Pelligrino and Brian Belichick can work their magic with him. If not, it's not a loss..

QFT

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back