Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who are the most disappointed fans on week 17?

• Cowboys Fans

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Bears Fans

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Steelers Fans

Votes: 22 45.8%

• Total voters
I'd probably be most pissed as a Steelers fan, they did what they had to do and then had to watch as the KC-SD game slipped away on a missed FG. And the topper, the reason I'm picking them, is that SD was lined up illegally (more than 6 players on one side of the ball during the FG try, a clear-as-day 5 yard penalty) but it went unnoticed/uncalled.

To be fair the refs were probably too busy making sure that none of the SD players pushed anyone inappropriately :p

I would say the most disappointed fan base on Sunday would have to be that of the Miami Dolphins, by far.

With two weeks ago all they needed to do was beat either the Bills or the Jets, and they're in the playoffs. The 2013 season was a nauseous roller coaster ride, from the euphoria of winning the March Super Bowl (aka Free Agency), being given more hope from national media based on the Patriots' situation at TE and WR, then a strong start to the season (two road wins in weeks one and two).

That was followed by a four-game losing streak and the Incognito-Martin story and then things looked good with a three-game winning streak to vault into what looked like an excellent chance to make the playoffs, as they had an 8-6 record. One (or should I say two) final roller coaster dips: shutout by the Bills, and a home loss to the Jets; being outscored 39-7 in the final two games by two teams with losing records.

For the three teams in the poll, expectations on Sunday were low for Dallas fans based in part due to the week 17 results the last few years, and the knowledge Romo was not playing; Steeler fans probably weren't expecting much because they needed so much to happen and probably assumed they would miss the playoffs long ago; Bear fans saw so many players on their defense sidelined with injuries they probably figured that even if they did win, they would go one-and-done.

Last edited:
None of the above. The fish had dreams of a Patriots collapse and a division title just a couple of weeks ago, and all they had to do was beat the Bills or jets to get in and instead they scored 7 points in two games and choked their season away.

Why did you exclude the Ratbirds and the Fish fans? Both teams controlled their destiny in the final two weeks(sorta), needing wins and both ***** the bed.....in the last week looking up at the scoreboard and seeing the team you need to lose, losing, and you can't capitalize.....

think how Pats fans felt when #1 seed was there for the taking and they couldn't convert in Miami.....

I excluded those two because those two teams just flat out lost. They got beat.

The other three were soooooo close to having things fall their way only to be left in the cold.

My personal vote would be Chi-town fans as that is just a horrendous way to lose (at home, in control, 4th and 8, less than a minute...and a blown coverage).

I think most Steelers fans like myself felt like Pitt had no business being in a position to make the playoffs in the first place. We had such a huge run of ridiculous luck leading up to the KC game, it seemed inevitable that the clock would strike midnight eventually. If anything there wasn't so much disappointment as resignaton when Succup missed the FG, sort of a "welp that sorta fits the whole season perfectly" kind of thing with everything that's gone wrong this year.

TBH I don't even think most Steelers fans feel bad about the refs, even after the NFL apology for the FG miss, and the Pereira tweet saying he would have allowed the KC TD on the fake.

The overwhelming sentiment on the boards is pretty much, if we didn't want our fate to be in the hands of referees and KC second-stingers, maybe we shouldn't have allowed 35 sacks the first 8 games, and maybe we should have beaten OAK and MIN.

Anyway good luck in the playoffs guys. I think that Brady-Manning matchup that has seemed so inevitable all season is heading your way. It's hard to see any other team disrupting that (except maybe a outside chance of Cincy on a "good Andy" not "bad Andy" day LOL)...although it seems like the lower seeds for whatever reason keep winning more SBs of late.

lillloyd

Gotta be the Steelers - it was in the bag and KC snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. The Cowboys can't have expected to win with a back-up QB (although they came pretty close). I guess Chicago has to be a close second as you'd expect Rogers not to play well, but again, Chicago played for a good part of the season without its franchise QB and had piled up losses that way.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back