PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N’Keal Harry Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like this is legit as the major media outlets are reporting this.

But as bad as Harry has been, I don’t think they’ve made they best use out him.

Harry’s agent, Jamal Tooson, formally requested a trade on Tuesday, per Mike Garafolo of NFL Media.

“For the past several months, I have been working in cooperation with the Patriots behind the scenes to put a plan in place to allow N’Keal to thrive in New England,” Tooson said in a statement. “Through two seasons, he has 86 targets, which obviously hasn’t met the expectations the Patriots and N’Keal had when they drafted a dominant downfield threat who was virtually unstoppable at the point of attack in college.

:D

I never said he was good. I simply said it was very tough to judge him based upon what we, as fans saw of him. He missed most of his first training camp and over 1/2 of his rookie year with an injury. Then didn't click with Brady, which is a common theme among rookie wr's. Then missed his second training camp because of covid and was paired up with probably the worst throwing qb in the league. Any wr on the Patriots last year gets a pass from me on last year's performance.

This is up there with the Chad Jackson pick.
Quick I need to sell my Harry auto rookie card.
The difference is that Chad Jackson had a valid excuse as he was sent out to defend a kick off in the AFC title game where he shredded his ACL where dealing with hamstring issues all season. And keep in mind BB traded up for him in the second round when the team had no legit WR’s on the roster. He could barely cut after his ACL tear.

However, according to some posters on this board that watched him personally in training camp saw that he had a bad attitude and was an idiot like Harry.

I never said he was good. I simply said it was very tough to judge him based upon what we, as fans saw of him. He missed most of his first training camp and over 1/2 of his rookie year with an injury. Then didn't click with Brady, which is a common theme among rookie wr's. Then missed his second training camp because of covid and was paired up with probably the worst throwing qb in the league. Any wr on the Patriots last year gets a pass from me on last year's performance.

“Common Theme among rookie”

Embarrassing

If they can't find a trade partner, I wonder what their $$$ liability would be if they stashed him on the PS? That's probably what he's fearing - trading him hurts their cap - does stashing him secure it where it is, or do they still eat the cap increase?

Good riddance. Not gonna get much for him, but we are better off without him taking reps away from others that can help the team.
Maybe a bag of balls and a kick off tee.

Ive got 2 words for kanneal and his agent

That laughing we hear is coming from the GM's of 31 other teams....

NKeal SUCKS. Good riddance. What a wasted 1st round pick. Almost dead last on getting open against single coverage. What a bust. Just like when we wasted picks 15 years ago on Chad Jackson, Maroney, Dave Thomas, and Dalton, we again wasted on NKeal, Michel, and 2 TEs. And this time no Brady to bail everyone out.

We need a new offensive coordinator.

That’s why you draft a WR higher than the 7th round in the 2021 draft. They had to know by now Harry wasn’t gonna work out.

They were OK after spending a bunch, have 5 pass catchers in Meyers, Agholor, Bourne, Henry, Smith plus James White. No need to burn another WR pick.

I’ll trade him for a 1991 Toyota Camry straight up. The Camry doesn’t even need to have the engine either.

What was the moneyball deal, NKeal Harry for the other team paying for the team soda vending machine for 1 year.

lol, i don't think i've ever seen a bigger joke of a receiver. slow, soft, stupid. horrible combo

another gem by BB.

Disappointing. I don't think it's been any secret that I've been a supporter of his, but he really made that job hard over the second half of the season. I thought the arrow was pointing up after the first two games (despite the goal line fumble in Miami). His targets petered out (due to pretty mediocre play), and he never showed any fire or drive to turn things around and become the alpha receiver on the team. He needed to take it personally and get to work, not take it personally and complain about everything outside of his control. I doubt we can get more than a 6th/7th for him, if anything at all.

That said, I do think he could add some value to a team that throws more jump balls and gives him some opportunities in the red zone. He's not going to be a top three receiver on any team, but as a #4 who can block and work in reduced space on goal line plays, he may end up surviving in the NFL for a while, although thriving seems like a pipe dream.

Meh. Makes passing on Brown, Metcalf, and McLaurin rather painful.

I'm not seeing any of the "BB had better not trade him, because we haven't had a full 3 years to evaluate him yet!" posts that must be peppering this thread by the thousands. Is anyone else having that same problem? I might have to ask Ian to do some troubleshooting...

Well, sucks we got hardly anything out of that pick.

Double sucks for the team that gives him another shot.

Not that it’s their fault, but the Harry and Williams picks were the ones that KO’d the dynasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back