PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Need Help Identifying a Jersey

blazers6thman

Rookie
Reaction score
I am hoping that this is in the correct section and that someone can help.

I got a jersey at the thrift store last night. It is a beautiful looking authentic jersey from the Patriots. It is blue in color and says "Hunter" with the number 56 on the back.

I am fairly new to football but I can't really find anything on this. Is this maybe a custom jersey someone made? Or was this a player from awhile ago? Anyone have a clue? Thanks so much in advance.

Blazers6thMan

I am hoping that this is in the correct section and that someone can help.

I got a jersey at the thrift store last night. It is a beautiful looking authentic jersey from the Patriots. It is blue in color and says "Hunter" with the number 56 on the back.

I am fairly new to football but I can't really find anything on this. Is this maybe a custom jersey someone made? Or was this a player from awhile ago? Anyone have a clue? Thanks so much in advance.

Blazers6thMan

I think it must be a custom jersey. Unless I am mistaken the only player named Hunter in Pats history is Ivy Joe Hunter, a RB that played for the Pats in 1991; he wore #45.

There may have been other players named Hunter that were in training camp or on the practice squad at some point - but they only jersey with the name & number would have been used by the player in practices & pre-season games. Could one of those made its way out of the stadium and to a thrift store? Possibly, but highly unlikely. A custom jersey would seem to be a much more likely scenario.

That's pretty much what I found out / suspected too. Thanks very much for your help, I really appreciate it!

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back