PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: 5 Needs For the Patriots Heading into the Offseason

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I would replace # 4 with the need for a Beef Curtain, i.e.: at least Two new Wide-Bodies... and No, Godsmack & Carl Davis Do Not Count.

And I would also change # 5 to Multiple WRs.

CB, ILB, NT. Defense defense defense with the first several draft picks.

Godchaux is an 11M albatross sieve. Bentley is Gary Guyton / Monty Beisel.

Secondary fell apart with both Mills and Jon Jones out. The strength of the PatriotsD (pass defense) fell apart with SloJuan.

The offense doesn't need any more expensive new toys. Already has 6 pass catchers with plenty of middle of the field players. OC needs to do a better job using what's already there. Michael Onwenu on the bench for 9 weeks and Jonnu Smith barely in the offense as a Dwayne Allen blocker (his worst skill). Agholor has speed. Plenty of under-performing players on offense that the play-caller needs to fix.

Last edited:
I'd give Mac a really good #1 WR and then concentrate on D......May need to find a Trent replacement also if he leaves....

With Mcmillian, Mcgrone, and Perkins coming back next year basically as rookies, I’m not sure if the Pats see LB as big a need for the team as do we.

This team has a lot of needs going into the offseason.

My top 5:

1. DT - DL is way too soft. Seems like they are always getting pushed back.
2. WR - Mac needs at least one elite WR. Bill had multiple chances in 2019 to get one but failed. The search continues.
3. MLB - they are laughably slow at this position. You can not rely on what they already have on the roster in McGronne.
4. CB - this could easily be #1 on the list if JC leaves. It’s 2005 and 2008 all over again.
5. DE - Wise and Guy are about as pedestrian as it gets.

You can swap really any of the these as they are all dire needs.

Honorable mention:

6. Go back to a 4-3 - enough with the two gapping 3-4 as it’s insane to keep looking for those players. They don’t exist. Sign Trey Flowers on the cheap as the end opposite of Judon on the Edge. Barmore goes to DT, find a yourself a NT and get a nuisance at MLB.

7. FS - McCourty could retire or let walk if he’s a FA.

Just 5 needs? More than that, IMO.

Scar even said Mac needs a reliable slot-receiver (BINKY).

If Jameson is there @ 21nd in 1st round, take him. Otherwise, get a stud LT or LB.

For CB, they are better off getting someone from the UFA... They stink drafting a CB...

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back