PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: Has the NFL Game of Football Passed Patriots Coach Bill Belichick By? – Notes

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
MORSE: Has the NFL Game of Football Passed Patriots Coach Bill Belichick By? – Notes
Mark Morse
Bill Belichick is now 71 years old. No NFL Head Coach in his 70’s has ever won a Super Bowl. Bruce Arians at age 68, is the oldest head coach to win a Super Bowl and he did that with Tom Brady and Tampa Bay in 2021.

The post MORSE: Has the NFL Game of Football Passed Patriots Coach Bill Belichick By? – Notes appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

The answer is yes.

When was the last time a Patriots Draft Pick received a second contract from the Patriots? It was James White in 2017. He was entering the final year of his contract and was coming off that tremendous comeback in Super Bowl LI. White had 110 yards receiving and 29 yards rushing while scoring 20 points and setting a record for receptions in a Super Bowl with 14. In 2015, Devin McCourty received a 2nd contract only after testing the Free Agents market. In 2010 The Patriots signed Stephen Gostkowski, who was limited as a Restricted Free-Agent.

that is from the article. i believe BB has done an awful, awful job at drafting last decade. however, i dont think this information is correct. Didnt Juwan Bentley, Deatrich Wise and Shaq Mason get second contracts with us?

now you're talking my language

bad drafting, bad FA signings, head scratching in game decisions...he needs to call it quits...

he should've rode off into the sunset after kicked Brady out the door

25-28 record, 0 playoff wins, since you know who got jettisoned

Can’t get a 71 year old coach to change how he does things. So of course he’s stubborn in how he coaches and how he builds rosters.

First ballot HOF lock and arguably the greatest coach ever. Defensive savant in this league and probably still is. But how valuable is that really in today’s game where offense is what it’s all about? Almost like he’s might be a really big fish out of water now when it comes to the modern game and offense.

He would not be the first all time great coach to have the game pass by him. The same was said about Landry and Shula and Noll when they were at the end of the road.

Last edited:
No. After two close losses, all of a sudden BB is getting senile? I think not.

He has some issues as a GM, especially drafting offensive players like WRs, but he is still a brilliant coach.

Food for thought but I don't recall any younger coaches coming up with the idea of having a player in motion before the snap to block a kick like Schooler did on Sunday....
I guarantee at least a few other teams will be trying that out this week or in the coming weeks....
He may be old, set in his ways ( I can relate) but he has a plan. It may not work out ( see PAtricia M. last year) but other times it does ( not calling a timeout in Seattle Super Bowl at the end before Butler's int) but I for one am willing to see how the season plays out...

Food for thought but I don't recall any younger coaches coming up with the idea of having a player in motion before the snap to block a kick like Schooler did on Sunday....
Cam Achord is a young guy. And the reason you never see that is because it's really hard to get the timing right. Get it wrong and you've just given the other team a free first down or made althea kick easier. The reason the Pats were able to get that block off was because the punter/holder was our punter/holder and they knew his tendencies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back