PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots Mock Draft 1.0, Post Free Agency Start

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Good mock! Love hearing Steve on the Locked On podcast!

I think the trade back makes a lot of sense, I'm just not sure there that other teams will be willing to give the capital to move up in this draft. I think the Pats might have a hard time finding a deal to trade back.

Really love that he doubled up on both tackle and receiver while also adding a pass catcher in Kraft.

If Brents is more of FS than corner then I'd prefer a different pick there. Also, I think a punter is a bigger need on special teams than a kicker.

I think the trade back makes a lot of sense, I'm just not sure there that other teams will be willing to give the capital to move up in this draft. I think the Pats might have a hard time finding a deal to trade back.
True. But things might open up for us if there’s a QB available at 14 that is coveted by another team. Anthony Richardson? Hendon Hooker?

Strange things can happen on draft day. Remember the movie Jerry Maguire?

True. But things might open up for us if there’s a QB available at 14 that is coveted by another team. Anthony Richardson? Hendon Hooker?

Strange things can happen on draft day. Remember the movie Jerry Maguire?
I’ve seen a lot of mock drafts where every WR is still on the board at 14, some team may really want Johnston and will trade up to get him. Or one of the top tackles could fall slightly. Or maybe only one corner is taken from 1-13 and a team moves up to get the specific corner they want. Or yeah, maybe some team loves Hooker and wants to take him before another team takes him, maybe one of the teams in the 20s. A trade up from the mid 20s to 14 shouldn’t be prohibitively expensive.

.. A trade up from the mid 20s to 14 shouldn’t be prohibitively expensive.
Another way of saying this is to say that we won't get all that much for trading down.
gone
4 QB
3 OT
2 CB
3 EDGE
1 RB
1 DL
1 WR

That's 15, but one of these will drop for good reason. Perhaps, Skoronski really is an OG.
=======================================
There are a lot of players with "values" between 14 and 32. They might be worth drafting at 14, but that doesn't mean that they are much better than a player who will be drafted at say 24.

Sure someone might trade up for Porter, Mayer or a team's choice at WR, but how much is such a trade worth?
============
In such a situation, we will be looking at a player who drops or Wright. I can't see trading down when Wright and Harrison will be soon gone.

Another way of saying this is to say that we won't get all that much for trading down.
gone
4 QB
3 OT
2 CB
3 EDGE
1 RB
1 DL
1 WR

That's 15, but one of these will drop for good reason. Perhaps, Skoronski really is an OG.
=======================================
There are a lot of players with "values" between 14 and 32. They might be worth drafting at 14, but that doesn't mean that they are much better than a player who will be drafted at say 24.

Sure someone might trade up for Porter, Mayer or a team's choice at WR, but how much is such a trade worth?
============
In such a situation, we will be looking at a player who drops or Wright. I can't see trading down when Wright and Harrison will be soon gone.
There is much wisdom here.

I love Love LOVE the first 7 picks and Nick Herbig late, for the exact same reasons given... Very, very well done.

Instead of the two 'Tweeners on the DL however, I would look for One More boundary CB and then a Beef Curtain like Texas' Keondre Coburn or Dorchestah's own Jerrod Clark from Coastal Carolina...

And naturally, Just Say No to drafting Special olympics Teamers!

The draft would be a homerun for me if it went down like this.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back