PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread NEW ARTICLE: Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Ian Logue
Throughout the transition from former Patriots coach Bill Belichick to new head coach Jerod Mayo, Robert Kraft had made one thing clear. Ownership was not going to be involved in final football decisions, as "you can’t hold them responsible and have them accountable."

The post Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

We have been hearing these rumors for a while, and I certainly do not hope they are true. Just because someone has been in an ownership position and running things from the business side for several years, that does not qualify them to make football decisions.

Hopefully this is just a case of keeping the lines of communication open, keeping the Krafts up to date. There is no way that they should be influencing Wolf & team in even the slightest bit.

To this point, it had seemed like Eliot Wolf had been the one primarily running things leading up to Thurday night’s start to the NFL Draft. However, TheAthletic’s Dianna Russini reported on Monday that while the club is “listening and taking calls from teams” who are looking to make a deal at #3, Jonathan Kraft has been “heavily involved in the decision-making.”
What that exactly means is tough to say. By ‘heavily involved,’ that could very well mean that Wolf has kept him informed of who has called and what offers have been made, in terms of any potential trades, as well as where their intentions currently stand.
At the same time, it could also mean that Kraft is potentially overruling some of those same decisions. That would go against what his father suggested several months ago.
“It will be the same input we’ve had for the last three decades,” said Robert Kraft back in January. “We try to hire the best people we can find and let them do their job and hold them accountable. If you get involved, and tell them what to do or try to influence [them], then you can’t hold them responsible and have them accountable.”

Heed your own words Bob, and stay in your own lane. Same holds true for Jonathan.

The responsible and accountable part is the key IMO. If the Krafts, plural, influence the decision making, then they can't really say "you screwed this up" and fire them for doing what you wanted them to do. If they are becoming Jerry Jones 2.0, then there's no one to blame but the guy in the mirror. Can't have it both ways.

Today in Patriots History
An original Boston Patriot

Happy 86th birthday to Gerhard Schwedes
Born April 23, 1938 in Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Patriot HB, 1960-61; uniform #44

Pats territorial/bonus pick, 1960 AFL draft/allocation, from Syracuse

The AFL's first draft | Pro Football Hall of Fame
On November 22, 1959, not long after the American Football League was founded, the first AFL draft occurred. At the time, no front offices or coaching staffs were complete and no more than half of the eight teams even had any scouts or personnel staff.
This draft certainly was unlike the NFL draft of today in which millions of people watch on television accompanied by large stacks of draft guides. This draft was held in secret and the merits of each player were determined during the selection process.
To begin the draft, each of the eight teams received one territorial/bonus pick to help ensure every team had a regional draw to help the financial success of each franchise. These regional picks did not occur in any order. Instead, they were unanimously agreed upon by the other teams.
Following the territorial picks, a consensus was determined as to who the top eight players at each position were – due to the rules of the time, college players were generally listed by their offensive positions only. The names of each position were then put into a box and drawn for by each club. This process continued until each team had 33 selections, or three offensive units.
A second round of selections occurred two weeks later on December 2. The process was similar to the first selection meeting but consisted of only 20 rounds.

Even though it was a consensus and territorial allocation, Schwedes is considered to be the answer to the trivia question of "who was the first player 'drafted' in the history of the Patriots franchise?"

(If you are interested in more detail on that first AFL draft, and the formation of the league prior to the first kickoff, I recommend this interesting, highly informative and very detailed account of what was happening with the eight owners back in 1959):

-->> Demystifying the Inaugural American Football League Draft

Ger Schwedes was an All-American and captain at Syracuse, playing halfback, safety and quarterback. In 1959 the Orange went undefeated and beat Texas in the Cotton Bowl to win the National Championship. Schwedes played a pivotal role in the game, throwing an 87-yard halfback option pass to RB Ernie Davis to score the game’s first touchdown on the third play of the game, and running for another TD himself in the third quarter. Schwedes finished ninth in voting for the Heisman Trophy.

Gerhard_Schwedes.jpg
852_Schwedes_Gerhard_Syracuse.jpg

The Pats traded the German-born Schwedes to the New York Titans before the season began, then re-signed him in mid-season. Injuries derailed his pro career though. In seven games over two seasons with the Patriots, Schwedes rushed for 14 yards on ten carries and had one reception for 21 yards. After a stint in the Army where he rose to the rank of captain, he then moved to upstate New York, owning a small marketing company that specialized in motivational aids.

Greater Syracuse Sports Hall of Fame | Gerhard Schwedes

His son Scott also went to Syracuse, setting school receiving records that lasted for 31 years. While the younger Schwedes was in high school he played against PatsFans forum member Ring6. Scott Schwedes was drafted in the second round by Miami; he was with the Dolphins from 1987-90 as their punt returner and backup WR.

1959%20FB%20Team%20Celebration.jpg

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Ian Logue
Throughout the transition from former Patriots coach Bill Belichick to new head coach Jerod Mayo, Robert Kraft had made one thing clear. Ownership was not going to be involved in final football decisions, as "you can’t hold them responsible and have them accountable."

The post Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
Yes, ownership will have strong influence (and probable veto power) over the highest draft pick in 25 years. I suspect that most successful owners in the NFL would do the same.

All the rest is on the GM, who we don't quite have as yet.

In any case, if Kraft make the decision which is different who Wolf would pick, all the rest is on Wolf: 2024 free agency, 2025 free agency, 2024 and 2025 drafts, and trades. Wolf would be responsible for giving Mayo a team best suited to support the QB choice who ever he is.

So, ENOUGH OF THE HYPE! Even if Kraft makes this one pick, Wolf will have plenty to be responsible for. The Kraft's won't generally be active in making personnel choice, but this is a very big one.

A Pro Wrestler Patriot

Happy 40th birthday to Quinn Ojinnaka
Born April 23, 1984 in Seabrook, Maryland
Patriot G/T, 2010; uniform #68
Traded from Atlanta to New England on August 23, 2010 for a 2011 7th round draft pick

The Pats picked up Ojinnaka near the end of the 2010 training camp from Atlanta, in exchange for a 2011 seventh round pick. He had previously been suspended for one week for an off season arrest, then replaced LB Marques Murrell on the Pats roster. The Patriots cut Ojinnaka on September 30 to make room for RB Thomas Clayton, and then re-signed Ojinnaka a week later. He appeared in eight regular season games and one playoff game with the Patriots. In seven NFL seasons Quinn played in 62 games with 20 starts.

Ojinnaka is one of at least three former Patriots (Brennan Williams, Monty Brown) that turned to pro wrestling after their NFL careers ended. He goes by the name of Moose and is a former two-time Impact Grand Champion.

Eight years ago in an interview with Sports Illustrated, Ojinnaka had the following to say:

I’d love to give Goodell a spear,” said Ojinnaka, who is known in Ring of Honor as Moose. “Free Tom Brady.”​
The 6’5”, 300-pound former offensive lineman–who is about to become the biggest free agent in wrestling–is furious about Goodell’s treatment of the Brady suspension.​
“Goodell lost the battle,” said Moose. “Tom Brady played last year, and he is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, so why would the NFL not want to see him play? They’re making a lot of money off the guy, and I really thought we ended this last year.”​
“Playing under Bill Belichick helped me a lot with how I get ready for a match,” said Moose. “Bill Belichick got you better prepared than any other coach in the NFL, and that’s one of the reasons why I come so prepared to my matches. I watch tape of my opponent, I study my opponent and I go into the match knowing more about him than he knows about himself.”​
Moose explained that Belichick treated him in the same manner that he treated every other player.​
On the field, Belichick was an a--hole to everybody,” said Moose. “At the end of the day, all he cared about was winning.”​

quinn-ojinnaka-aka-moose.JPG

In memory of Jim Kelly, who would have turned 82 today
Born April 23, 1942 in McKeesport, PA
Died May 18, 2022 at the age of 80 in Southhapmpton, NJ
Pats 2nd round (13th overall) selection of the 1964 AFL draft, from Notre Dame

The Notre Dame tight end was also a second round pick by Pittsburgh, and he signed with his hometown Steelers rather than the Pats. Kelly only lasted three seasons in the NFL, totaling 31 receptions for 531 yards and five touchdowns. In his post-NFL career he lived in New Jersey and went on to a successful career in the publishing industry covering the Tri-State area.

8ebcb110-1c25-4cea-afc6-dd274caef1d4.jpg

Other pro football players with New England connections:

Shawn Halloran turns 60 (born 4/23/1964)
Halloran was born in Gardner MA, grew up in Westminster and is an alumnus of Oakmont Regional High School in Ashburnham. He then went to Boston College and fared well in the unenviable role of following Doug Flutie as the quarterback at BC. The 1985 College Football preview issue of Sports Illustrated had this to say about Boston College’s quarterback: “Shawn Halloran, a senior who must feel like Harry Truman just after the Roosevelt years, is 6-4, 212 lbs., strong of arm, cool of head and almost as slow as Doug Flutie is short.”

Halloran threw for 5,252 yards and 30 touchdowns and was the starting QB in '85 and '86 with the Eagles. In their 9-3 1986 season his touchdown pass in the final seconds of play gave BC a 27- 24 victory over Georgia in the 1986 Hall of Fame Bowl.

In 1987-88 Halloran backed up Neil Lomax with the Rams. He made only three NFL appearances, going 1-1 in his two starts. Since then he has moved around in various ranks as a college football assistant coach - with BC, WPI, Georgetown and Yale. He then became OC at penn and head coach at division III Franklin & Marshall in Lancaster PA, guiding his team to multiple playoff appearances. Halloran is now the athletic director at Bishop Lynch High School in Dallas as well as an assistant high school football coach and teacher.

ghows-WT-a37fe682-9dfb-1eb4-e053-0100007fad72-d93b2977.jpeg

2020 photo of Shawn Halloran with his daughter Dylan

Tony Elliott, 4/23/1959 - 12/31/2007 (48)
Elliott was from Bridgeport CT, where he graduated from Harding High School. The nose tackle was drafted by New Orleans in the fifth round of the 1982 draft. Elliott played in 85 games with 61 starts for the Saints from 1982 to 1988. He once said that he 'had three loves: football, cocaine and booze'. In 2000 he was shot and paralyzed by an alleged drug dealer. For more on his life, see this 2008 espn column: Tony Elliott's life, death took tragic turns.

Scott Lutrus, 36 (4/23/1988)
This Brookfield CT native stayed local after high school, moving 65 miles to UConn. The linebacker was originally signed by Jacksonville, and then was part of the Rams practice squad. Indy signed him late in the 2011 season, and he appeared in four games for the Colts. He spent 2012 on IR and was waived/injured by the Colts in 2013. He later played in the short lived Fall Experimental Football League, until it folded in 2015.

Kyle Juszczyk, 33 (4/23/1991)
"Juice" was a tight end at Harvard, and drafted in the fourth round (130th overall) by the Ravens in 2013. He has been a fullback since entering the NFL, and has been named to eight consecutive Pro Bowls; in 2023 he was a first team All pro with the 49ers. As a free agent Juszczyk signed a four year, $21 million contract with the Niners in 2017, making him the highest paid fullback in NFL history. Despite playing a position that takes a huge toll on the human body, Juszczyk has been remarkably resilient, missing just seven games in his 11-year NFL career.

Yes, ownership will have strong influence (and probable veto power) over the highest draft pick in 25 years. I suspect that most successful owners in the NFL would do the same.
Agree that is what many owners would do - I just don't agree that is the appropriate action.

All the rest is on the GM, who we don't quite have as yet.

In any case, if Kraft make the decision which is different who Wolf would pick, all the rest is on Wolf: 2024 free agency, 2025 free agency, 2024 and 2025 drafts, and trades. Wolf would be responsible for giving Mayo a team best suited to support the QB choice who ever he is.
That may be how the Krafts will look at things, but I don't know if that will be either a fair or accurate assessment.

If Kraft makes a decision and it is wrong, then Wolf still gets the blame if the team doesn't win because he made all the other decisions?

But if the QB does work out, in Kraft's mind he gets to credit himself for the team's success?

Sounds like a heads-I-win, tails-you- lose proposition.

So, ENOUGH OF THE HYPE! Even if Kraft makes this one pick, Wolf will have plenty to be responsible for. The Kraft's won't generally be active in making personnel choice, but this is a very big one.
My issue is this: why are the Krafts (allegedly) getting involved in such an important decision, when they have no expertise in that specific area of this enterprise?

Let's say I am an executive at a company. I have worked in inventory analysis and control, forecasts, budgets, finances, etcetera.

Now our company is going to expand and come out with some new products. I have zero experience or expertise in design or manufacturing. But because I am an executive, that justifies my making decisions in those areas? Of course not, not even close. I should stick to my areas of skill and competence, offer my input - and let the others with the knowledge in their domain make their recommendations. Since I don't know about manufacturing or shipping, I shouldn't have a say in that discussion.

Neither of the Krafts spend time breaking down hundreds of hours of film, evaluating players, etc. I would presume neither one attended workouts or interviews.

What qualifies them to make this football decision then? How do they come to whatever conclusion they have? Something they randomly read on the internet, or heard on sports talk radio?

Agree that is what many owners would do - I just don't agree that is the appropriate action.

That may be how the Krafts will look at things, but I don't know if that will be either a fair or accurate assessment.

If Kraft makes a decision and it is wrong, then Wolf still gets the blame if the team doesn't win because he made all the other decisions?

But if the QB does work out, in Kraft's mind he gets to credit himself for the team's success?

My issue is this: why are the Krafts (allegedly) getting involved in such an important decision, when they have no expertise in that specific area of this enterprise?

Let's say I am an executive at a company. I have worked in inventory analysis and control, forecasts, budgets, finances, etcetera.

Now our company is going to expand and come out with some new products. I have zero experience or expertise in design or manufacturing. But because I am an executive, that justifies my making decisions in those areas? Of course not, not even close. I should stick to my areas of skill and competence, offer my input - and let the others with the knowledge in their domain make their recommendations. Since I don't know about manufacturing or shipping, I shouldn't have a say in that discussion.

Neither of the Krafts spend time breaking down hundreds of hours of film, evaluating players, etc. I would presume neither one attended workouts or interviews.

What qualifies them to make this football decision then? How do they come to whatever conclusion they have? Something they randomly read on the internet, or heard on sports talk radio?
OK, you disagree with the general management theory used by most top companies, as taught by AT&T and most top schools. That's fine.

You believe that an executive needs to be an expert in the nitty gritty to make the best management decisions. OK, believe this if you must. AT & T and Bell Labs has taught for many decades that the VP of engineering need not be an engineer and the VP of accounting need not be an accountant.

The most important decisions do NOT require that the CEO or COO or CFO or VP be an expert in that area. What an executive must be able to do is to know how to make the best decisions based on input from others.

BOTTOM LINE
I agree that the day-to-day activities of a company should be made by the COO, subject to constraints by the CFO. HOWEVER, the buck stops at the top, and CEO (unless he is just a puppet) always has input on top decisions and should makes the ultimate decision.

For me, in the NFL, there should be few decisions where the CEO/owner should step in or at least strongly advise. But there are some. These include top 10 draft picks, major trades and major signings or extensions.

ASIDE
Obviously, hiring the GM is a decision made by the CEO/owner. Deciding that the GM will make all decisions and the owner will only step in to praise him or fire him is an approach that some fans want, but one that competent owners should NOT follow, at least IMO.

LET ME BE CLEAR
If I am the CEO or top executive making the decisions on new spending tens of millions on a new product, I would not, would not, would not simply pass that down the decision to the Manager of Product Design. Top executives are responsible for all decisions whether he or she has specific expertise or not.

I am somewhat amazed that apparently you think that the owner of CLE or DEN should have had no say in the trade for a $100M quarterback. Sure, they can fire the GM after the fact and simply accept a decision that will set back the team a few years. That is not good business practice.

April 22 Drafts and Transactions

April 23, 1979:
Jim Ringo is promoted to offensive coordinator, while also retaining his offensive line coach duties.
Tom Yewcic is hired as running backs coach.
Ringo was a Hall of Fame center who spent 15 years in the NFL with the Packers and Eagles. He then spent 20 more years as an offensive line coach and offensive coordinator. Yewcic was a punter and backup QB for the Pats from 1961-1966, and also had a brief major league baseball career.

April 23, 1981:
Sam Adams is traded to New Orleans for an 8th round pick. He had played in 119 games with 105 starts in ten seasons with the Pats, mostly at right guard. Adams was part of the offensive line that, at that time, rushed for the 5th most yards in 1976 - and then set the single season NFL record with 3,165 yards rushing in 1978, an accomplishment that would last for four decades.

561c286696056.image.jpg

April 23, 1989: Day One (Rounds 1-5) of the NFL Draft
Marriott Marquis, New York City

1.16 -- WR Hart Lee Dykes, Oklahoma
83 receptions and 7 TD in his first two seasons, but a busted kneecap and eye injury from an early morning Providence barrom brawl he and Irving Fryar were involved in brought his NFL career to a screeching halt.

2.43 -- CB Eric Coleman, Wyoming
15 games, zero starts in two seasons.

3.63 -- TE Marv Cook, Iowa [pick received from 8/26/88 trade with Tampa for Stephen Starring]
2x Pro Bowl 1x All Pro; 210 receptions and 11 TD in five seasons for Pats.
Became expendable once Ben Coates started getting playing time.

3.73 -- DE Chris Gannon, SW Louisiana
Derailed by multiple injuries; played in 30 games over four seasons with the patriots.

4.96 -- CB Maurice Hurst, Southern [pick received from Washington 4/24/88, for a 1988 5th]
Seven-year starter for New England, with 27 interceptions; Pats All-1990s Team.

4.100 - WR Michael Timpson, Penn State
1994 was his best, and final season in New England: 74 receptions for 941 yards.

- A 5th round pick, 5.127 was traded the previous year to Cleveland for C Mike Baab.

April 23, 1990: Day Two, (Rounds 6-12) of the NFL Draft
Marriott Marquis, New York City

- 6th round pick sent earlier to Dallas, as part of trade for WR Greg McMurty.

- Traded down, sending 7.166 and 7.170 to Buffalo for a 1991 4th and 12.322.

- 8th round pick sent earlier to Dallas, as part of the Greg McMurty trade.

9.226 - G Shauwn Bowens, Nebraska Wesleyan
Waived at the end of training camp; never played for the Patriots.
Played in 73 games with 42 starts for the Lions and Jaguars.

10.253 - RB Anthony Landry, Stephen F Austin
Spent most of 1990 on the practice squad. Activated for the final game of the season against the Giants, but did not play.
That was the end of his NFL career.

11.280 - DE Sean Smith, Georgia Tech
Appeared in 17 games with one start for the Pats in 1990-1991.

12.309 - DB Ventson Donelson, Michigan State
Placed on IR after the end of training camp; waived the following year.
Signed by Green Bay but never played in the NFL.

12.322 - G Blaine Rose, Maryland
Waived at the end of training camp.
Signed with the Dolphins in 1991, but never played in a regular season NFL game.

April 23, 1995: Day Two (Rounds 3-7) of the NFL Draft
Paramount Theatre at Madison Square Garden, New York City

On the previous day the Patriots traded a 1996 third round pick to KC for their 1995 fourth.

4.112 - C Dave Wohlabaugh, Syracuse
Wohlabaugh was the Pats starting center from 1995-1998, then started for the Brown and Rams through 2003.

- 4.120 had been traded to Pittsburgh in 1994 for RB Leroy Thompson

- 5.159 was sent to the Oilers on 2/28 as compensation for signing RFA DE Tim Roberts

6.195 - RB Dino Philyaw, Oregon
Waived at the end of camp and signed to the practice squad; Carolina signed him to their active roster in November.
Philyaw played in 23 NFL games over three seasons with the Panthers and Saints.

7.234 - CB Carlos Yancy, Georgia
Waived at the end of camp and signed to the practice squad. Promoted to the active roster in November, appearing in four games.
Joined the Packers in 1996, but never saw any more action in the NFL.

April 23, 2005: Day One (Rounds 1-3) of the NFL Draft
Jacob Javits Convention Center, New York City

1.32 -- G Logan Mankins, Fresno State
7x Bowl, 1x All Pro, NFL All-2000s Decade Team, Pats All-2000s Team, Pats All-2010s Team, Pats 50th Anniversary Team, Pats All-Dynasty Team; 130 starts in nine seasons with Patriots.

- Traded down 20 spots, sending 2.64 to Baltimore for 3.84, 6.195 and a 2006 3rd.

3.84 -- CB Ellis Hobbs, Iowa State
Four-year starter with Patriots before departing in free agency; Pats All-Dynasty Team.

- Had previously traded 3.95 and 5.168 to Arizona for CB Duane Starks and 5.145 on March 3.

- Patriots had previously received a compensatory pick, 3.100, for the free agency loss of Damien Woody.

3.100 - OT Nick Kaczur, Toledo
68 games with 62 starts in five seasons for the Patriots; Pats All-2000s Team.

April 23, 2010: Day Two (Rounds 2-3) of the NFL Draft
Radio City Music Hall, New York City

- Traded up 2 spots, sending 2.44 and 6.190 to Oakland for 2.42

2.42 - TE Rob Gronkowski, Arizona
Future first ballot Hall of Famer.

- Traded down 11 spots, sending 2.47 to Arizona for 2.58 and 3.89

2.53 - DE Jermaine Cunningham, Florida
36 games, 14 starts in three seasons with Patriots.

- Traded down 4 spots, sending 2.58 to Houston for 2.62 and 5.100

2.62 - LB Brandon Spikes, Florida
51 games, 39 starts in four years in New England.

- 3.85 was previously traded in 2009 to Oakland for DE Derrick Burgess

- Traded out, sending 3.89 to Carolina for a 2011 2nd

3.90 - WR Taylor Price, Ohio
Played in just four games over two seasons for the Pats, with three receptions.

While the decision on Gronk despite his injuries turned out to be incredibly prescient, there were other choices that didn't work out as well. The Patriots should have drafted Cunningham's teammate, DE Carlos Dunlap, who was chosen by the Bengals one pick later. There were several good receivers available when Spikes was drafted; that run resulted in a reach for Price. There were also some good alternatives to the draft bust at #90, such as the next pick, LB NaVorro Bowman.

April 23, 2020: Day One, Round One of the NFL Draft
Conducted via video conference call due to Covid

- Pats traded down 14 spots and out of Day One, sending 1.23 to the Chargers for 2.37 and 3.71

LET ME BE CLEAR
If I am the CEO or top executive making the decisions on new spending tens of millions on a new product, I would not, would not, would not simply pass that down the decision to the Manager of Product Design. Top executives are responsible for all decisions whether he or she has specific expertise or not.

I am somewhat amazed that apparently you think that the owner of CLE or DEN should have had no say in the trade for a $100M quarterback. Sure, they can fire the GM after the fact and simply accept a decision that will set back the team a few years. That is not good business practice.
I went to a very highly regarded business school. Was later part of the ride for a then-unheard of tech company, that quickly became (and still is) a Fortune 500 company. The CEO himself said on more than one occasion that biggest reason for that company's wild success was his hiring competent managers, and letting them go do their job.

I don't pretend to have all the answers- but at the same time please do not imply that I have no business expertise; that would be incorrect. What Bell Labs is doing or teaching in 2024 doesn't particularly impress me, to be honest; to me they are an ancient company stuck in an early 20th century mindset.

I am not in any way advocating that the CEO should stay out of the loop. However, if Wolf, Mayo, AVP, McAdoo and Highsmith all come to a collective agreement - do you really think that it would be a smart decision for them all to be overridden by Jonathan, who has zero football expertise, simply because he is the owner's son? I have also been employed by smaller, family run businesses. One of the two largest pitfalls they face is not recognizing their own limitations, not letting go of full control of everything, and believing they are experts in everything.

Jonathan is not and should not be the one collecting input from the scouting department, Mayo, AVP, McAdoo and Highsmith - that should be Wolf's job. Yes, keep Jonathan apprised of everything. But those others should not be bypassing Wolf, and sending their reports to JK. If there is an impasse and the sided cannot agree, bring in the Krafts.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back