33. Danny Watkins, G, Baylor
60. Ryan Williams, RB, Va Tech
74. Austin Pettis, WR, Boise St
92. Chimdi Chekwa, CB, Ohio St
125. Ian Williams, NT, Notre Dame
159. Owen Marecic, FB, Stanford
193. Jeremy Beal, LB, Oklahoma St

Last edited:
I think that if the Pats ended up with that for their draft, there would be plenty of very happy people around.

The only picks that are questions are the lower part of the draft in Marecic and Beal.

Marecic (whom I liKe) has questions regarding his love of the game. Beal has been plummetting (undeservedly??) since the Senior Bowl.. I believe it was Beal who drew one off-sides penalty and should have drawn another.

There is definite concerns about Beal's lack of leg strength (28" vertical & 8'10" broad jump). But he is a HIGH MOTOR kind of player who is a film rat, learns his assignments and is supposedly very good at containment on the edge.

I think that if the Pats ended up with that for their draft, there would be plenty of very happy people around.

The only picks that are questions are the lower part of the draft in Marecic and Beal.

Marecic (whom I liKe) has questions regarding his love of the game. Beal has been plummetting (undeservedly??) since the Senior Bowl.. I believe it was Beal who drew one off-sides penalty and should have drawn another.

There is definite concerns about Beal's lack of leg strength (28" vertical & 8'10" broad jump). But he is a HIGH MOTOR kind of player who is a film rat, learns his assignments and is supposedly very good at containment on the edge.
Danny Watkins is a question at #33. It's not that I don't think he'd be a decent guard, it's just that I think he's overdrafted at #33 in comparison to his predecessors Light & Mankins & Vollmer (& presumably Klemm), and athletically limited in terms of what NE has been trying to draft early.

Beal is a wasted pick in the sense he's a replacement for Spikes who would make STs slower, and if he did follow Marecic in the draft there's be a bottleneck at reserve ILB.

Marecic serves no real purpose with Kettani expected back.

Danny Watkins is a question at #33. It's not that I don't think he'd be a decent guard, it's just that I think he's overdrafted at #33 in comparison to his predecessors Light & Mankins & Vollmer (& presumably Klemm), and athletically limited in terms of what NE has been trying to draft early.

Beal is a wasted pick in the sense he's a replacement for Spikes who would make STs slower, and if he did follow Marecic in the draft there's be a bottleneck at reserve ILB.

Marecic serves no real purpose with Kettani expected back.

Hence my saying that they were questionable.. :snob:

Hence my saying that they were questionable.. :snob:
Hurry up and elope so we can get our lovable little Db back in time for pre-season. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back