PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New flea flicker video

Status
Not open for further replies.

K. Dog

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
NFL Network just posted a new youtube AFCCG flea flicker video: . I like their youtube uploads because their HD and can be slomoed.

In slomo, it's fun to watch the exact moment that Hogan 15 changes from a slow trot, as if preparing for a block, to his sprint past free safety Mitchell, you can start at about 1m32s

Also note the Edelman block, which Belichick pointed out on his Belestrator but is cleaner here.

Moving slowly:
Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 12.19.50 AM.png

Turning right and moving faster:

Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 12.20.09 AM.png

Finally lets loose:

Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 12.20.26 AM.png

Last edited:
Chances we see another flea flicker in the SB?

Even Mitchell was wide open until he reached the endzone.

Could have turnend it to the EZ corner and been open yes (for a more difficult throw-catch), but the dB could still close fairly quickly. The above stillshots dont show how he reacted to Brady eyes and closed on mitchell. IIRC from video he endend up 'in coverage position' on mitchell until ball went the other way.

My favourite trick play in football. Always gives me a buzz.

Could have turnend it to the EZ corner and been open yes (for a more difficult throw-catch), but the dB could still close fairly quickly. The above stillshots dont show how he reacted to Brady eyes and closed on mitchell. IIRC from video he endend up 'in coverage position' on mitchell until ball went the other way.

If Brady had to throw it sooner, Mitchell would have been a great target. It was more difficult than the Hogan throw, but not a difficult throw.

I'm sure Atlanta is going to see something like that, at least once, and probably early in the game, just to get in their heads. The biggest advantage the Pats have in this game is mental, and getting the Atlanta DB's thinking just a little too much will be great leverage.

Even through the TV, the crowd noise for this game was impressive. More so than I have noticed previously this year.

What was REALLY noticeable was the noise at the beginning of the play, then it ramped up when they say the flea-flicker as Lewis turned around. BUT.. when the crowd saw how wide open Hogan was, they went nuts.

What I love about these videos is how Zo's voice over the game sees what is about to happen before the camera gives us the chance. "He's got them"

Last edited:
What I love about these videos is how Zo's voice over the game sees what is about to happen before the camera gives us the chance. "He's got them"

Loved hearing that. Gave me chills.

I wonder if they can use the fact that the Falcons might be looking for this against them. Use the same formation, similar motion, but different play call.

Pittsburgh #28 (Davis) was freaking confused. hahaha

@ 1:50 in the video... CBS had Fouts/Eagle do the AFCCG in addition to Simms/Nantz? Where would they have broadcasted that? Radio only?

@ 1:50 in the video... CBS had Fouts/Eagle do the AFCCG in addition to Simms/Nantz? Where would they have broadcasted that? Radio only?
Yeah! I was wondering that as well.

But I could have sworn I also heard Kevin Harlan in there somewhere, who is the usual national radio broadcaster.

I really like how the Steelers defender completely misses Brady, I'm not sure if it was on purpose or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe