PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Investigted Over Gender Discrimination and Harassment

When I first retired I looked into a part time job at a pro course where I volunteered to work during tournaments. A short time after my interview I started working the tournament and I found out that there was a class-action lawsuit against the course for age discrimination. They had fired all but a couple of their older employees and replaced them with youngsters. I figured that job was gone.
Years ago, when I was young, I was in a similar situation. I was working as a technical writer for military equipment (I was a civilian.)They fired the older civilian guys, mainly because they were more expensive, with little consideration as to their merits. It was very ugly and, I felt, immoral. I resigned my job, giving my reasons in my resignation letter. That is all I could do. This is the dark side of freedom: it extends to actions and actors of which/whom we disapprove. I will choose freedom nevertheless.

I went on to make a living (using the term very loosely) as a musician, playing in bars, resorts, private parties of rich people. It was fun. Every cloud has a silver lining. I have far happier memories of playing in bars than I do of writing overhaul manuals for missile launchers, and I got laid a lot as well.

Then abolish the laws which make such hires a crime. It's none of the government's business whom I hire and for what reason. Want an equal shot at a job? Make yourself equally worth hiring. There is no other honorable and sustainable approach. If the resultant whining bothers you, get ear plugs.
White people need not apply, Jews need not apply, women need not apply, black people need not apply. Lol, seems honorable to me me.

White people need not apply, Jews need not apply, women need not apply, black people need not apply. Lol, seems honorable to me me.
Nice to meet, if only by implication, the monsters you imagine live under your crib.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back