PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Playoffs 2023

Uptown

Standin' Pat
Reaction score

Last edited:
Rams/Lions is intriguing, due to the QB history; amongst other things. I just wish LaPorta was healthy. TB could very well upset Philly if they don’t get their heads out of their asses.

Would like:

Buccs def. Eagles
Rams def. Lions
Packers def. Cowboys (no chance)

Bills def. Steelers
Miami def. KC (probs not)
Browns def. Texans (could go either way this one)

Then the ravens can knock miami out and I can pretty much relax for the remainder.

Thoughts: I've been saying it for years and will continue to do so, I hate the current format, imo the 12 team format was just about perfect. 14 is too many and too often allows bad teams in. While the current 14 aren't bad compared to past years (thankfully no one is in with a losing record this year) it really makes the WC round less interesting as 2v7 and 3v6 seeds are usually massively over matched. 4v5 usually are too but that's because the best WC team gets to beat up on the most pathetic of the division champions. The point is we get lucky if 1 WC match a year has 2 legit SB contenders, this year barely qualifies. Okay rant over.. on to the playoffs.

WC Steelers @ Bills - Steelers have a decent D and both teams have been inconsistent all year. An upset wouldn't surprise me, but I'll go Bills as they should be better. Also, while QBs aren't everything, Allen vs Rudolph is a massive advantage. Bills win.

Dolphins @ Chiefs - Chiefs have been mighty inconsistent to bad the last month plus, talent drain and cap issues. They have had a hell of a run making the AFCCG 5 straight times and 3 SBs winning 2. The streak ends here though with a WC loss. Dolphins are more talented even if more injured outside of the QB edge KC has and can really abuse the OL for KC potentially. KC should win given the injured Dolphins and conditions, but I don't buy them. Dolphins win.

Browns @ Texans - A game I can't really care about, Cleveland should win but either way it's a toss up and the winner should lose before the AFFCG. Browns win.

Packers @ Cowboys - The Cowboys are known chokers, but this would be a massive one. Packers simply too overmatched so no point going deep. I think the Cowboys don't choke. Cowboys win.

Rams @ Lions - Multi year super bowl hangover. But these Rams aren't those. And almost no one is mad to see the Lions not suck for once. I hope they go deep as those fans have been loyal. No reason the Lions should lose. They haven't been past the WC in over 30 years. Lions win!

Eagles @ Bucs - I said before and will again, Eagles are frauds. But the Bucs are just happy to be here I think. They have talent but it is another massive QB gap. Eagles win.

Div - Divisional round is the best week of football and this year is no different. 2 6 4

Dolphins @ Ravens - Ravens are absolutely rolling, but the Dolphins can't be counted out. It should be the Ravens to lose, but until I see Lamar make a run, I won't stop doubting him. Still. Ravens win.

Bills @ Browns - The worst match up of the weekend but an interesting one. Flacco vs Ravens would be kind of fun in a sick way, but i really think the Bills hold on to what little consistency they have found and win like the better team they are. Bills win.

Eagles @ 49ers - Potentially they game of the week. For my money the much more complete and consistent niners put the dirty birds in their place. Also, did i mention how much I hate Philly fans, almost as much as i hate Baltimore fans. 49ers are just so complete and that D will be the difference. 49ers win.

Lions @ Cowboys - Wait, it's the playoffs not thanksgiving right? This IMO is exactly the kind of game the Cowboys tend to blow and exactly the kind of game Lions fans would love to win and make an even deeper push, but with Jared Goff and that D? I don't know. Lions aren't crap but they have a lot to work on. Cowboys win.

CCGs

Bills @ Ravens - the Ravens should absolutely steam roll the Bills, but so far the playoffs have been going to scipt for the most part. It's late, but time for a massive upset. The Bills play up to their potential and Lamar does playoff Lamar things. Bills win!

Cowboys @ 49ers - Could we see 2 upsets on the same day!?!? No. Cowboys finally cowboy up... playoff style and lose badly. At least to a very good team this time.

SB - 49ers win. Only the Ravens can stop them and if they aren't there they take it.

Last edited:
NFC - I can't see anyone beating the 49ers at home to go to SB.
AFC - It's going to be Ravens or Bills (they seem like the gritty surprise this year)

Bills win the Super Bowl this year and we hang another #MoralVictory banner for splitting the seasons series with them and playing them tough in the game we lost.

Bills don't win Super Bowls. They find ways to lose
I heard in parts of Central America and Africa people are surprised when you tell them the Bills didn't really win those Super Bowls in the 90's.

KC and SF superbowl
Uh Oh No GIF

It’s going to be Baltimore vs LA or some crazy crap

Its probably been posted already, but I'm tired of clicking twitter links...

the seedings / first round schedule (Super Wild Card Weekend)

1. Ravens
2. Bills vs. 7. Steelers
3. Chiefs vs. 6. Dolphins
4. Texans vs. 5. Browns

NFC:
1. 49ers
2. Cowboys vs. 7. Packers
3. Lions vs. 6. Rams
4. Buccaneers vs. 5. Eagles

Game Schedule

Saturday, Jan. 13
AFC: 4:30 p.m. (ET) (5) Cleveland Browns at (4) Houston Texans (NBC)
AFC: 8 p.m. (ET) (6) Miami Dolphins at (3) Kansas City Chiefs (Peacock)**

Sunday, Jan. 14

AFC: 1:00 p.m. (ET) (7) Pittsburgh Steelers at (2) Buffalo Bills (CBS)
NFC: 4:30 p.m. (ET) (7) Green Bay Packers at (2) Dallas Cowboys (2) (FOX)
NFC: 8 p.m. (ET) (6) Los Angeles Rams at (3) Detroit Lions (NBC)

Monday, Jan. 15
NFC: 8:15 p.m. (ET) (5) Philadelphia Eagles at (4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (ESPN/ABC)

** - Not sure if this game is streaming on Peacock only, but if it is, its one of the ****tiest things the NFL has ever done.

There will be some upsets, but it’s looking like a SF and Baltimore rematch.

An intriguing matchup will be the Browns at Ravens assuming the Browns win their game and Bills will theirs. Ravens and Browns split on the season.

NFCCG will be Lions or Cowboys at 49ers. McCarthy should be fired if they lose to the Packers in the Wildcard Round and will be a bad look on Dak Prescott.

Monday, Jan. 15
NFC: 8:15 p.m. (ET) (5) Philadelphia Eagles at (4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (ESPN/ABC)

** - Not sure if this game is streaming on Peacock only, but if it is, its one of the ****tiest things the NFL has ever done.
This playoff format is atrocious for the players and fans. You have a Monday game giving a short week for the players and a game you need a subscription for.

This is getting ridiculous.

No need for a Monday night game.

1:00, 4:30 and 8:00 ET on both Saturday and Sunday works perfectly; ESPN can have that additional Saturday slot.

A playoff game on a subscription-only network is awful. My guess this is a trial run for the Super Bowl as a pay-per-view event.

With it being on Peacock, that surely means there will be no need for the current 36 minutes of commercials and 24 minutes of network promos, right? :haha:

Jump ball Joe back in Baltimore could be funny, especially with the annual Lamar playoff meltdown. And even more appropriately, with Lamar winning the mvp. Go Browns

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back