PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL quarterbacks complaining about breast cancer awareness footballs

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...reast-cancer-awareness-footballs-a-disaster/\

The NFL denies they are any different,while NFL Quarterbacks are complaining the balls are difficult to grip and slippery than the originals without the ribbon and are a disaster.

link has a typo

Tim Hasselbeck: QBs say breast cancer awareness footballs "a disaster" | ProFootballTalk.com

TIM Hasselbeck....?

sounds to me like MATT hasselbeck is complaining to his brother with the annoying wife.

Personally I think that the NFL should emboss a picture of Brett Favre's **** on footballs to promote Prostrate Cancer awareness.

The breast cancer awareness cause is a worthy one but I think the NFL is going a tad overboard with it. Pink doesn't go with anything having to do with football and all those shoes/hats/gloves/towels/chin straps, etc., look awful.

Personally I think that the NFL should emboss a picture of Brett Favre's **** on footballs to promote Prostrate Cancer awareness.

Isn't Brett's **** about as wide as the width of the shoelaces on a football?

Personally I think that the NFL should emboss a picture of Brett Favre's **** on footballs to promote Prostrate Cancer awareness

:rofl:

Who would want to catch that ball

You mean cancer that affect you when you are laying down? Or did you mean "Prostate" Cancer??? :rocker:

heh... too good to pass up. ;)

The breast cancer awareness cause is a worthy one but I think the NFL is going a tad overboard with it. Pink doesn't go with anything having to do with football and all those shoes/hats/gloves/towels/chin straps, etc., look awful.

I think the pink stuff they're wearing is kind of cool. But I don't understand why the footballs had to be changed. A chinstrap is one thing, a football is another.

The film used to adhere the logo is probably what is causing the slipperiness. Those things looked like the one that got away from Romo a few years back.

This PC crap is outta hand. The idiot Commish would no doubt require that teams dedicate roster spots to women if he could get away with it. He's already trying to make Defenses play two hand touch practically. And in "fairness" (the most improperly used word in the English language), he's outlawed TD celebrations to the point of ABSOLUTE absurdity...no doubt so Defenses won't "feel" bad. Look at what happened to the 'Boys the other night when their Offensive Lineman "went to the ground" (fell) during a TD chest bump and cost his team 15 crucial yards. In the meantime, genuinely entertaining things like Ocho diapering a football or giving one CPR is outlawed.

Hey Goodell...Get a frigging' CLUE! The fool is hopeless...

Don't mistake: The cause is more than worthy, but the "overbranding" is idiocy. We GET it!

This PC crap is outta hand.

Don't mistake: The cause is more than worthy, but the "overbranding" is idiocy. We GET it!
It's really not as much about raising awareness as it is about bringing in women as fans. It's all about $$

Last edited:
The idiot Commish would no doubt require that teams dedicate roster spots to women if he could get away with it.

how long do we have to endure this clown ?

The film used to adhere the logo is probably what is causing the slipperiness. Those things looked like the one that got away from Romo a few years back.

This PC crap is outta hand. The idiot Commish would no doubt require that teams dedicate roster spots to women if he could get away with it. He's already trying to make Defenses play two hand touch practically. And in "fairness" (the most improperly used word in the English language), he's outlawed TD celebrations to the point of ABSOLUTE absurdity...no doubt so Defenses won't "feel" bad. Look at what happened to the 'Boys the other night when their Offensive Lineman "went to the ground" (fell) during a TD chest bump and cost his team 15 crucial yards. In the meantime, genuinely entertaining things like Ocho diapering a football or giving one CPR is outlawed.

What the heck.... Promoting Breast Cancer Awareness has nothing to do with being "PC." And if you're talking about the sexual harassment stuff when you say "PC" I'm sorry to inform you that this isn't the 1940's anymore and that type of thing is no longer acceptable. Personally I love what Goodell has done to clean up the image of the NFL. Other sports should follow his example. If players don't want to act like normal human beings, then they get suspended. He makes an example out of them for other players.

I don't like some of the sillier rule changes and I don't know about the whole "Goodell loves the Jets" thing that I always hear about. I don't see it myself but even if that is the case, I still respect what he is doing to protect the NFL's image.

Last edited:
It is kind of silly to spent a whole month of football wearing pink and all that for breast cancer when they don't do any kind of awareness in that form for any other illness, or even any other cancer. Yet breast cancer gets a whole month. Everyone is aware of breast cancer....at the risk of sounding like a jerk....it is overkill. Do you know one reason why breast cancer is probably the most talked about cancer? Because it gives people a justification to talk about boobs openly and not get in trouble. Men and women both are obsessed with boobs. Last year here in Fargo they covered the outside of a 5-floor restaurant downtown with bras there were all tied together. OK....we get it.......

His wife is the only same female on that show. The rest of that TV crew is a lost cause.

Debating who's the sane one on the View = the moment Patsfans jumped the shark. It was a good run, guys. :eek:

Last edited:
It is kind of silly to spent a whole month of football wearing pink and all that for breast cancer when they don't do any kind of awareness in that form for any other illness, or even any other cancer. Yet breast cancer gets a whole month. Everyone is aware of breast cancer....at the risk of sounding like a jerk....it is overkill. Do you know one reason why breast cancer is probably the most talked about cancer? Because it gives people a justification to talk about boobs openly and not get in trouble. Men and women both are obsessed with boobs. Last year here in Fargo they covered the outside of a 5-floor restaurant downtown with bras there were all tied together. OK....we get it.......

In terms of mortality rate, there are a whole lot of cancers that are 'worse' than breast cancer. The money that follows from these awareness campaigns, though, indirectly helps all cancer research, so if that's what it takes then that's what it takes. Rather than thinking of it as taking up too much of the hypothetical pie, think of it as making the pie a whole hell of a lot bigger.

Last edited:
I think the pink stuff they're wearing is kind of cool. But I don't understand why the footballs had to be changed. A chinstrap is one thing, a football is another.

This is how I feel too.

Leave alone the things that may affect the product on the field. I am all for creating awareness for Breast Cancer, the marketing machine behind it however has gotten to a point where it is like other special interest groups. If you mention anything at all that may in the very least slight it, people are all up in arms and freaking out about it.

It is unfortunate prostate cancer does not get the same attention.

Take the Pink Ribbon off the ball. However the gloves and shoes seem fine to me. And leave the guilt trip alone. We are all aware of the killer disease it is, like other diseases that some of us support (but you don't see us pushing it in people's faces). Everyone has their cause they support.

Much love and respect for all of those daughters, sisters, mothers and grandmothers out there fighting this terrible disease.

...back to football...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore