PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ocho involved in the no huddle today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ocho gets the loudest cheers at the stadium..where are all those people on this board?

Ocho gets the loudest cheers at the stadium..where are all those people on this board?

And then proceeded to boo him after he dropped/safety knocked the ball out.

lol.

85 is not the same player as he used to be in Cincy. Not because of his skillset, speed or hands; it looks to me as if he's playing without any emotions, without any fun.
Might be that his confidence is completely buried and he's frustrated.

And then proceeded to boo him after he dropped/safety knocked the ball out.

lol.

From where I was sitting I couldnt see if the safety got a hand on it. Looked like he did to me but I couldnt make a sure call.

Amazing that people are still complaining about Ocho's production when Welker & Gronkowski have combined for 158 receptions, 2181 yards and 21 touchdowns in 12 games.

These two are so dominant and getting that open that Brady HAS to throw to them.

Not to mention that our 3rd and 4th options (Hernandez and Branch) have combined for 102 catches, 1185 yards, and 9 TDs.

I'll maintain that if any one of those 4 players were struggling and not putting up numbers, I'd worry that Ocho wasn't getting involved. But those four are not just good, they're REALLY good (for their respective roles at least in the case of Branch and Hernandez), and Ocho is the odd man out.

I said this to my buddy during the game, if this guy makes one important catch this postseason....all of the rest of the year will be forgotten. He will be somewhat of a hero. Kind of like Jabar Gaffney, if he catches that one pass he is a hero in this town. But since he dropped it he is a bum.

What I don't understand about Chad is

When the hell did he become so awkward?

He was always one of the smoothest most confident guy in the league.....

Then poff..........He just doesn't look right. Doesn't make any sense

Yup... doesn't make any sense.. remember when teams figured out how to cover Moss after seeing the various plays he executes... Ocho is doing great things in practice but doesn't get snaps during the actual game.. Anyway, let's wait till the post season.. I somehow have a feeling that Ocho will be big in the post season and that teams would not be prepared for him as they haven't had a chance to review him during the regular season... If anything, they may discount him when he's on, which could be a huge plus for us..

BB is a deep thinker and wants to win another SB. I don't think he wants another post season debacle like we had last year with the Jets. I can't wait for the playoffs.... We need to reserve any judgments until then..

It's funny how there are so many conspiracies going on surrounding Ocho Cinco for some strange reason as if he is any different than every other bad pick up a team makes or washed up player. I keep hearing that he is some secret weapon for the playoffs, or that BB has plans for him, or that he is just this great project in the making. But the reality is that a lot of people are just being completely delusional. I've seen countless guys over the years come over to this team as WR's and be productive right away or be able to play right away and know what the hell they're doing out there. This "Mythical excuse" that Ocho just needs more time to learn the plays when we're headed into week 13 or whatever is about one of the dumbest excuses I've ever heard for any player in my lifetime.

How does it take a player this long to get acclimated into a new system when he's been in the NFL for over 10 years?? Seriously??? How do people honestly sell poor logic like that to themselves?? He's just an old player who never worked that hard the last few years and was never a great route runner which is exactly what you have to be with this organization. He freelanced all of the time in Cinci, and he doesn't have the explosiveness or the athleticism he had like 5 years ago. Chad Johnson has completely roached off of the Patriots this season for a huge pay check, and the worst part about it is that fans are still making excuses for the guy and he's not even a true Patriot.

I said this to my buddy during the game, if this guy makes one important catch this postseason....all of the rest of the year will be forgotten. He will be somewhat of a hero. Kind of like Jabar Gaffney, if he catches that one pass he is a hero in this town. But since he dropped it he is a bum.

Why the hell would a guy who was a total waste for this team ever be considered a hero for having one big catch when he completely stunk for this team??? Sorry, but that's just crazy.

and the worst part about it is that fans are still making excuses for the guy and he's not even a true Patriot.

Could you please define what makes a "true Patriot"? Because I'm pretty sure it's not just on-field production.

Last edited:
Ocho went from the no huddle on the field to the no huddle on the bench pretty quick.

85 is not the same player as he used to be in Cincy. Not because of his skillset, speed or hands; it looks to me as if he's playing without any emotions, without any fun.
Might be that his confidence is completely buried and he's frustrated.

I agree he seems to lack a lot of confidence and he also seems quite rusty too but im sure thats just from the lack of catches. Idk if you guys remember or not but a few weeks ago against the jets when Ocho caught that long pass he seemed to have no idea what to do next. He kept looking all around and even put his stiff arm out about 5 yards early. It just looked like someone who has been out of practice for a while which is odd for someone as polished as Chad.

He'll make significant contributions before this season's over.

I think we'll see more production from Underwood than Ocho to be honest. He has some game time experience with the jaguars, picked up this offense pretty quick, seems to run good routes from the limited video i've watched, is already taking a lot of snaps and from the interviews I read players are really working with the guy.

Last edited:
Could you please define what makes a "true Patriot"? Because I'm pretty sure it's not just on-field production.

When I say that he isn't a true Patriot I'm referring to the fact that he's nothing but a band wagon guy that tried to come over here to roach on a ring while raping the team of a few Million dollars in the process. He thought he could just come over here and get a ton of shine and attention just by being here on a great team. I don't care what reports are out there about how he is supposedly doing what he is told or working hard. What in the hell did he do in the off season than if it takes him this long?? He's looked awful, so I don't see where any of this supposed hard work is going.

He is not some long term player for this team that has worked his ass off to get any benefit of the doubt at this point. He is just another one of those guys that found it beneficial to slide over to the Pats at the end of his career and hopefully get a ring out of it. This whole idea that it takes half a season or a full season in his case to learn the system is a joke because it sure as hell didn't for Branch, Welker, Caldwell, Gronk, Patton, Givens, Gaffney, and all of these other WR's that have come here over the years and had some of their more productive seasons. Hell even Stallworth had no problems being productive as the 3rd string guy and no one has ever felt he was as good as CJ in his career. So why is a guy who isn't a true Patriot given all of these excuses and coddling from a lot of you fans?? Sorry, but I don't get it. I've never seen any player on this franchise ever get this kind of soft treatment before here.

Talking about Ocho is the most exciting thing for Pat fans. At least the stay at home couch gurus on this board. The actual Pat games and play calling is boring. Win or lose all Pat games seem to be one big bore and yawn fest.

So keep talking about a player that gets 10 snaps. And Ocho will keep cashing those checks. Seems everyone wins!

Talking about Ocho is the most exciting thing for Pat fans. At least the stay at home couch gurus on this board. The actual Pat games and play calling is boring. Win or lose all Pat games seem to be one big bore and yawn fest.

So keep talking about a player that gets 10 snaps. And Ocho will keep cashing those checks. Seems everyone wins!

Spoken like a true Ocho fan... Is that you Evelyn??

Probably some kid who watches MTV and VH1 all day that also wants TO over here.

Yes that has to be the case! No wonder the Pats are so boring, they play to their audience! That is the stay at home and talk ish on the internet ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST