PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread: Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are complaining about the pats drafting WR that ran a 4.28 in a league where speed matters more for WR production more than ever. I’m a fan.

This board has been crying for a speed WR who could take the top off the defense. Pats draft one and nothing but complaints

Will BillB NOW move back into 2nd round?????

Isn't there a meager cap savings cutting Agahlor?

The guy is fast, but Mac Jones might want to give this kid all his ice cream that he gave up this offseason. Damn he is thin.
Twig legs….needs to beef up a little…..give him some Chowder!

They had to trade up for a guy who had a day 3 grade?! Kraft might need to start taking this job away from Belichick soon after this draft man.

Nah.... Speculation is speculation. Well deserved works fine.
Well, no. That's like saying it's "well deserved" to rank New England first in the league last year.

The event being "graded" is his draft position. It turned out to be no. 50, which is in the 2nd round. The 4th round grade is wrong.

Love the pick tall tyreek hill speed.
I said weeks ago he reminded me of Robbie Anderson.
I identified him as Belichicks type.
I was right.
I just didn’t think we would pull the trigger.
But I love it.
He looks like a tall Tyreek. He burns the vid.

With the Chiefs also going WR did Bill jump up to 50 to stop them getting a new WR with Hill speed?

With all those reaches I fully expect now that our 3rd round pick will be for the punter

They may package a couple picks to move back into the second round to get a place kicker holder from the Naval Academy

He is a guy who may have not been available by round 3. I still don’t get the trade up though. Who was going to take him?
Maybe the Steelers, who settled for nutcase Pickens instead.

This board yesterday, “This team desperately needs speed at the skill positions”

This board now “What is Belichick Al Davis with his stop watch just wanting to draft the fastest guy at the Combine?”

Last edited:
Might mean another WR on trading block besides Harry.
Agholor has a hard contract for both cutting or trading. Meyers iirc still hasnt sign the tender (fwiw)..
If he hasn't signed the tender, he can't be traded.

Bill nailed it that he needed to move up to get a receiver. The problem is he can’t draft em

As much as some think its an overdraft, you can’t help but be excited by the speed this guy brings. If his routes are good and his playing speed is legit, this only helps Bourne and the other guys be more effective.

They had to trade up for a guy who had a day 3 grade?! Kraft might need to start taking this job away from Belichick soon after this draft man.

I seriously think they need to get some outside blood at this point. Everyone in that room is a Belichick ass kisser and won't tell him he's wrong about drafting these guys 2 rounds ahead of where they should go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents