PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread: Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rousing endorsement from Walter Football
1651279894257.png

Gave the same grade to Strange last night.

On the other hand he rated the Mac pick a D- last year so let's hope he nailed these two opinions just as well.

Crap another painful round after this one

If he hasn't signed the tender, he can't be traded.

Thanks, but that was not the point. There might be some contract(expectation)/(self)value disagreement and BB does not want to drag it out..

He can sign as soon as he's happy with either staying put or getting acceptable trade..

LOL, I don't know if I'd kill Thornton just yet. Pats were due to finally hit on one and Mac won't destroy his confidence and berate him his rookie year, so he might actually turn out to be pretty good.
I know you’re the boss of this site and I’m not a very good suckup but . . .

Spot on.

So, would everybody be happy if the Pats won the consensus on draft day and never saw another SB win?

Don't get too caught up in what the "experts" think.

Those are the only two options?

Thornton puts pressure on Agholor to figure out how to get separation.

I would think that they must have had intel that someone was going to take him or they would have waited. Last year people wanted them to trade up for a QB, but they had intel that Mac would fall to them so they stood pat. I can't see why they would trade up unless they thought he's be gone.
Just because some Analyst said he was a 4-5 round guy doesn't mean it is true.
Just like the intel they had when they traded up for Slowjuan?

if they could come away with Travis Jones and a solid CB or LB tonight, daddy likes

After 55 picks, I have to ask — what’s wrong with Travis Jones? I had NT as one of the team’s biggest needs, but not only does BB disagree, but no one else has thought him good enough to take yet. I thought he tore up the Senior Bowl despite playing for UConn, so I’m wondering what the issues are? Undisclosed injury?

Well, no. That's like saying it's "well deserved" to rank New England first in the league last year.

The event being "graded" is his draft position. It turned out to be no. 50, which is in the 2nd round. The 4th round grade is wrong.
Right. The predictions of who will get drafted where are wrong. The analysts are trying to predict the draft picks. The drafters are not trying to predict the opinions of random people who wrote about drafts.

Yeah, except it's absolutely nothing like that.

Not how it works. You know that.
You have a verifiable -- and you might add, falsifiable-- parameter you're using as a proxy measure of something else. Let's say "how good he is."

So really, you've got a misleading and false metric - "A 4th round grade" - substituting for "my opinion is that he was picked way too early."

Sounds different, doesn't it?

Okay, if that's your opinion, fine. If that's some other guy's opinion too, also fine. Unfortunately the "grade," by draft position, can be compared with where he was actually drafted. It's accurate if he's picked in the round he's "graded" to be in, it's inaccurate otherwise.

I have no doubt sports media would prefer us to rank their opinions above NFL personnel guys, but they're still not making the picks.

After 55 picks, I have to ask — what’s wrong with Travis Jones? I had NT as one of the team’s biggest needs, but not only does BB disagree, but no one else has thought him good enough to take yet. I thought he tore up the Senior Bowl despite playing for UConn, so I’m wondering what the issues are? Undisclosed injury?
55 better players?

Well Slade Bolden or Britian Covey as a UDFA would be nice

anyone whining about the trade up just look at the run on WRs 4 of the last 5 picks
Mac just got a Hennessy Venom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft